Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you may be right, my friend. Except it was a Type E Cranium. Maybe Cornelius tried to save them as Zira did. Maybe Ursus overheard and that is why he said they were marked for target practice.

Don't worry about all the time you are spending on the wagon...

It is well worth it, for a one of a kind project!!

You are correct JUNGLE, it is a type E cranium!

I watched bits and pieces of “POTA” and “Beneath” today. I wanted to see what the small window looked like that sits to the drivers back. This was my task today... and to install that window.

I noticed that there are actually two ape wagons seen in the 1st two movies. One wagon has a barred window and creates a 2 by 5 pattern with the hole openings. The other ape wagon has seven square holes instead of the bars. One of the wagons also uses a lock and key on the rear doors while the other one uses a type of "u-shaped pin with a flipping latch” to lock the rear doors.

I started going with the seven square holes for my window. I actually drew them on the ape wagon. Then, at the last minute, I thought the barred window would look better only because it has much more detail. I think the more detail added to the wagon, the better it will look.

JUNGLE, Do you remember “coaching” me on the front of the wagon? You stated that it was not a solid piece of wood, but that it was made up of many individual strips of wood nailed closely together and side by side. I'm currently going for that effect, even though I built it with a solid piece of wood. (I actually used a solid piece on the front for added strength.) This strip-effect will be accomplished tonight. I’ll post pictures sometime soon…

I also noticed today that both of the ape wagons were actually used WHILE shooting the sequence with Brent fighting the gorilla on top of the ape wagon. How do I know? Look at the window just above the drivers seat as they struggle. (Seven square holes. Right?) When Brent brings the wagon to a stop you’ll see there’s a totally different window. You’ll see the window with the bars on it instead of the seven square holes. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Anyone seen the new Snow Bunny Amidala? Might try using her bodysuit for Albina. :monkey5

I've already got my Albina Ironman. Show us this "Snow Bunny" you're referring to.

I'm really pleased with the figure I have for my female mutant. Wish I had the time to work on her... this wagon takes up way to much time.

Last edited:
I may be wrong Ironman... but I'm thinking Albina wears more of a dress/skirt type of thing. I do know her clothing is very different from the men.

I'll have to check out the movie again...

Here's the link Ironman was refering to for the Amidala Snow Bunny. (For those of you who may be interested.)

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=2140

By the way, that's a bummer about your camera. I guess we won't be seeing Robert Neville anytime soon. :(

Last edited:
Begin the March on Sideshow! Invade! Invade! Invade!:monkey4

and the march begins...
The armies are swelling, the time is near, fore the moon will soon bleed. Send word to the general that our men are ready, we now wait for the signal. All those that have gathered together for this cause shall return triumphantly or pass for their beliefs.
Send our love to the ones we now leave behind, fore the road ahead will be tough and rocky, but together we shall survive and prevail.

Begin the March!

Our "men" are ready? Hardly.
The march shall come but it shall not be rushed. We must wait for more than just signs and banners [as cool as they all look].
We are hardly noticed here on the board ,yet we remain in the foreground of the numerous posts.
SDCC rallies on with no love of simians in sight, yet patiently we wait.
The Kurgan incursion caused quite a stir, but seems to have died down, yet we still stand tall.
We have added heads, flags, mancatchers, wagons, AO bombs, mutants, apes, posters and much more to the mix all on our own, yet we would welcome SSC to add to the collection as well.
Stand fast my ape brethren, be ready for the call. But, be patient until the time is right.

I for one would not think of disobeying the General's orders. He will know when the time is right to strike. I know I could stand to make a few more protest banners. I think the rest of the troops may not be at the ready at the present time.

I will stand down for the time being. I wait for the command and when it comes I will proudly ride behind the general into battle!

There's getting to be quite a lot of custom ape stuff out there General! I'll keep you posted on the other updates that I have to report.

When we strike, the bugler shall sound the ape horn and we shall invade, invade, invade! :viking:viking:viking:viking:viking:viking

Hello my Ape friends!
Just wanted to let you know that I am still with you all. I finally got mom home and now we are trying to get home health aids in which, hopefully, will free my time up.
The pics you guys are posting are awesome! Angel, the wagon is the best! I can't wait until I see the finished project!
I am with you all in the fight! I may be running a way behind due to family issues but I am still with you.
Hey Sticks, hope you are feeling better! I read some of the old post and see that you have have been under the weather!

Hello, It's great to hear from you once again Dr. Zaius! Hopefully, there will be a big upswing for both your mom and you. I hope & pray that things work out for the two of you. It would be great to hear from you on a regular basis. Take Care My Friend, ~Angel~

Last edited:
I can only respect a person who takes care of their Mother like Dr. Zaius. I am working a little overtime taking care of my Mother also. She just had a knee replacement on July 2nd. I wish you and your Mother the best of health and hang in there. Take care!

Will this post ever go away? :emperor

LOL!!! NO WAY! Our leaders are too mighty and we apes are to strong to let this post die! Silly humans! Our march is to Invade! Invade! Invade!!!! Until we see more figures added to this awesom line that was so disrespected! We were here before Star Wars, and will continue after Star Wars! Lets face facts. You have seen the birth of the Planet of the Apes!

I can only respect a person who takes care of their Mother like Dr. Zaius. I am working a little overtime taking care of my Mother also. She just had a knee replacement on July 2nd. I wish you and your Mother the best of health and hang in there. Take care!

All of your words are too kind my friends!

I hope all is going good for you and your mom kfog! Don't do as I have done in the past and forget to take time for you! It can bog you down taking care of a loved one and it can wear you out if you forget to take time for you.

This Fubeca is an obvious mutant! He is obviouslly not one of us. Shun him...
Drive him back to his jungle lair... for he is the harbinger of death!

Last edited:
Back