Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two more questions for Jungle! What about glue and hair placement for the face and head? Thanks again!:cool:

I used friendly plastic which is a plastic that melts in boiling water and hardens at room tempreture with not the greatest results. There is probably a great adhesive made to attach hair to figures but I don't know of it.

I suggest you post a thread in the Custom Galleries forum asking for help. The guys there are very knowledgeable and may afford you some answers.

I used friendly plastic which is a plastic that melts in boiling water and hardens at room tempreture with not the greatest results. There is probably a great adhesive made to attach hair to figures but I don't know of it.

I suggest you post a thread in the Custom Galleries forum asking for help. The guys there are very knowledgeable and may afford you some answers.

Much appreciated Jungle! I will go by trial and error and let you know how it works out.:rolleyes:

Well without further ado; my battered revolutionaries have gathered singularly to show their support. No fancy lighting required;

POTA_CorneliusProtest.jpg
POTA_DrZProtest.jpg

POTA_DrZProtest2.jpg
POTA_ZiraProtest.jpg

POTA_ZiraProtest2.jpg

Great work Sticks!!!!

I love the way the material you used... looks like animal skins... At least to me.

I also like the L shaped support that the good Dr. is carrying. That type of construction never occured to me.

:lol Thanks Jom
I told you they were crude!

These apes hunted down a radioactive gazelle and used the rough out for the signs. Well I'm ready for battle, I hope the other apes start chiming in with their signs. :D

I hope the rest of our kind are creating their own slogans and banners for the Great Ape March!

That ape wagon should be surrounded by gorilla soldiers and have some Star Wars faves held captive.

I don't have any Star Wars figures... what now? I love the idea Ironman. Aside from that, I'm not sure when the ape wagon will be done. When do you guys plan on sending the pics off to SS? I'll be working on the wagon Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We'll see what I actually get done.

I've tried thinking up something to write on the banners. If I can think of something, I'll make some also. I don't want my banners to read the same as yours. Coming up with a idea is the tough part.

Last edited:
Hey Kfog...

I would use crepe hair. It comes in braids and needs to be straightened by ironing. It can be obtained in many different colors and is very inexpensive. Here is a link.

https://www.aboyd.com/prodinfo.asp?number=ABC 20-203

I've used it to put hair on my Hasbro apes hands and a Nova I made from a GI Jane before Sideshow got the liscence. Here are a couple of shots.

JJ - did you put this crepe hair on her head? If so, did you start with a bald head on her?

Yeah I put the crepe hair on her head and no she was not bald. The GI Jane I used had molded hair.

I just came across this mystery picture from "Beneath". I guess it was cut from the film. It pictures Cornelius by the wagon as Nova and Brent are being dragged away. Does anyone know where this would fit in the movie?

Hey that's a great find there Jom.

I haven't seen the ape films in a very long time, it would appear to be after they visited Cornelius and Ziras home, as Cornelius does not appear to be weary or frightened by Brent. I forget, was Brent shot in the arm before or after visiting Ape City? Is this deleted scene on any of the recently released DVD collections?

Nova!:monkey5

Yeah, this shot is definately after the scene in Zira and Cornelius home. Brent has got his slave duds on. He got them from Zira while being treated by her for his gunshot wound.

As far as I know this footage has never been included in any DVD release.

Hopefully if it is ever released in HD DVD or Blue Ray they will include all lost footage from the Apes saga. There seems to be a lot of cutting room floor material to be found.

Check out this shot of the Apeonauts in their space suits!

Last edited:
Or an even better choice for your Television Humans on Planet of the Apes.

I just came across this mystery picture from "Beneath". I guess it was cut from the film. It pictures Cornelius by the wagon as Nova and Brent are being dragged away. Does anyone know where this would fit in the movie?

That's definitely a cut scene. You won't find that in the movie. We can get a good idea were it fits though. Those round cages in the background, and the clothes that Brent is wearing, put’s this just before Ziras little speech about a type A cranium.

I just spent the last 3-1/2 hours using wood putty, apoxy and sanding down the ape wagon. I’ll be doing more of the same tomorrow.

Can anyone think up any good signs I can make? Perhaps a witty saying that I can put on a sign with my CONQUEST Apes? (i.e. Ape Revolution, or something to that effect.)

I think you may be right, my friend. Except it was a Type E Cranium. Maybe Cornelius tried to save them as Zira did. Maybe Ursus overheard and that is why he said they were marked for target practice.

Don't worry about all the time you are spending on the wagon...

It is well worth it, for a one of a kind project!!

Last edited:
Back