Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on a side-note, Kfog, did you collect SS' Brotherhood of Arms line? I love that line also. I have always been a big ACW buff. Here is a picture of a lost relative that my friend Musketball (from the military thread) is helping to get info on. Just thought you'd appreciate it.

Hi Stickman! Yes, I have been collecting sideshow and other custom ACW items the past 20 years. That tinplate is pretty cool. I have dealt with Auggie Romero a lot and have checked out the Sixth Brigade many times for information.:D

Thanks Sticks.

I've made the supports for three of my cloth signs already. Total time 10 minutes. Two twigs lashed together with some twine or leather strips and a little glue. Twigs whittled down to fit ape paws. Easy as pie. I'll make three more for the rest of my apes. Then I'll get to painting the protest signs.

Come on guys! Anyone can make these signs with very little time and effort. Lets all get together on this one and have some fun. Who will have the best slogan?

When Angel's wagon is finished and our signs are made we'll wait for the General to give the order for the Ape March on Sideshow!!

I used to buy from Polo Moreno "Ape Joe" years ago. I have not heard from him either in over five years. Auggie Romero is https://www.battlegeartoys.com/ and the forum I check out, but do not belong to yet is the sixth Brigade and can be found through the links button on the Battlegeartoys site.:cool:

No, "Ape-Joe" was Polo Moreno. He also did some Starship Trooper and military [WWII] stuff. He seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

He also made some 12" Planet of the Apes customs if I remember right!:monkey2

Ah, O.K. Battle Gear, I heard great things about their gear, thanks Kfog. I just bookmarked their site. I wish I could afford them. I think I remember Auggie doing reviews for Cotswold a few years ago. I see their located in Olympia, WA. I wonder if they have a display room, it would be cool to stop in when I pass through.

Jom, Could you post some quick shots of your sticks, without the signs, I agree lets see who could make some creative slogans. I haven't seen the apes films in over a year and would like a step by step and a visual reference. :lol

But the new Taylor has a new hair shade color! Gotta have it!:rotfl

Hey! where'd Collector Freak's post go?

Sticks... What new Taylor? Hair color? Collector Freak post? Huh?

I'll post some shots of the sticks lashed together and my first protest sign tomorrow. I've got to go to bed early tonight. I've got an early call tomorrow. Sorry no step by step for you... only for the General!

I've also changed the "New York is a Summer Festival" poster to a "Sideshow" poster for The Ape March on Siseshow. I've got to finish all the protest signs so I'm ready to go once the General gives the order!

Last edited:
Yes. I thought that was redundant. I have 5 of them and, while they were good at the time, they truly pale in comparison to what is available nowadays.

I totally agree Ironman! Not even close to the Sideshow version, but could still be used for background apes. Let the protest begin! More Sideshow Apes!:duff

Sticks... What new Taylor? Hair color? Collector Freak post? Huh?

I'll post some shots of the sticks lashed together and my first protest sign tomorrow. I've got to go to bed early tonight. I've got an early call tomorrow. Sorry no step by step for you... only for the General!

I've also changed the "New York is a Summer Festival" poster to a "Sideshow" poster for The Ape March on Sideshow. I've got to finish all the protest signs so I'm ready to go once the General gives the order!

After I posted my Battle Gear reply, I noticed a quick post by "COLLECTOR FREAK" in the regards of something like this;
"It appears that Sideshow will be unveiling a new Planet of the Apes figure in the upcoming SDCC unfortunately it'll probably be another Taylor," which I thought was funny, but when I wrote my reply and posted it, his post was gone! I guess he retracted it. :confused:

The step by step remark was a fun poke at our mighty general but I'd still like to see some quick visuals so I too can make a sign tomorrow. Till then get some sleep.

Kfog, are you going to make some signs too? It'll be great if everyone can get in on this, We need to also muster Creecher, Proto, and Dr. Z and any other apefan out there willing to join the cause.

Hope they check in soon, the Lawgiver is Calling!

It is time for an Ape Revolution. The voices have been heard and the orders have been received. Rally brothers fore the Ape March on Sideshow will soon begin. Our actions shall be swift, our message strong! We demand only justice, not war. Too long have we waited in quiet, paying tribute to the mighty SideShow manufacturing machine. Will the Star Wars universe receive a furry Chewbacca before we receive a hairy ape? The time to present our dreams and aspirations to the Great Sideshow is near, if we fail, forever will our voices be silent and our children's dreams unappeased.

That's so cool! That's some really creative writing STICKS. Reminds me of Caesars speech in Conquest... I enjoyed that very much! You (like Jungle) have some really good writing skills. :)

Last edited:
Kfog, are you going to make some signs too? It'll be great if everyone can get in on this, We need to also muster Creecher, Proto, and Dr. Z and any other apefan out there willing to join the cause.

Hope they check in soon, the Lawgiver is Calling!

Hi Stickman! I am ready and waiting for that inspirational picture from Jungle Jom. I will definately do my part along with everyone else. Lets get this petition going! Vote Ape, Not Human! I mean, I will take both!:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1

No ape figure announced for SDCC... Sigh...

They are going to make an Indiana Jones in the future, and the price for 1/6 figure of him will be $70. Yet another price jump due in part to George Luca$.

I'm off to work, I will post a pic of the first protest sign later today.

I'm glad to hear so many are on board; be creative!

Angel, I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed that.

I'm not sure what to think about the new unveiling of products.

I'm in for "RAIDERS ONLY"
The Hobbits are fianlly here but we need some ORCS soon!
Bespin Luke? maybe, but he still looks plain to me, I'll have to see what his accessories are. IMO the proto of Padame looks horrendous so she'll be an easy pass. Besides I'm sticking to OT characters only and that helps.
Tomb Raider 1:6? Come-on :confused: Easy pass. Not sure how much appeal this character still holds, maybe still campy for the tweenies but other than that she's flat lined.
The godfather, not sure what to make of this announcement either, handful of cool characters at the most, not a long saga like SW, which I'm thankful for.

PF collectors seem to be the ones who have made out the most, so congrats to them. Shouldn't they be running out of room soon?

It will be very interesting to see how much inventory is up for Second Chance in six months. If SS addressed the Ape line passionately and correctly the first time the line would not have faltered the way it did. I will say however that the line sure did better than the Highlander and Scarface series.

Out of the all the new previews, I like the John Wayne cavalry officer and Civil War ordinance Cannon the most. This is going to be an easy year for me.

I hope our revolt doesn't end in debacle, we must press soon. These new licenses are now in motion and SS' eye is already be search for new light. The time to strike is now. Once Jom's visuals are up, I say we race to muster our troops and rally the photos. When the general gives the command we attack. SS must know that this assualt is organized and the following strong. To ARMS!

POTAAPES065.jpg
Picture018.jpg

I'm dead tired, I didn't sleep well last night... Something about worrying about getting up so early and missing the alarm always disrupts my sleep patterns.

I did promise to post a shot of the protest signs

(WARNING: Literary quote)

"and a promise made is a debt unpaid" (by the way I'll award a Brass Figlagee with Bronze Oak-Leaf Palm to whoever knows where that line is from and who wrote it)

Further I'll award a Brass Figlagee with Aluminum Palm to whoever can tell me who said: I'll award a Brass Figlagee etc....

Boy am I sleep deprived!!

Anyway here are some pics...

Even the general wants to join in! And now I am going to take a nap.

Just saw your post, Sticks I had to comment before bed. Yeah I'm in for Indy too but the price point is rather high. I'm glad we got the apes when we did. I don't believe just Indy will be $70. Sooner or later Sideshow will pump up the price of all of their lines when they see we are willing to pay the price.

Thanks, George Luca$, for inducing this price hike due to undoubtably high liscencing fees. However I intend only to get 1 Indy and possibly a Connery as Henry Jones. I will not be getting every character as I did with the Apes.

I have managed to pass on all Star Wars figures due to the number of characters and price point and I don't miss them. I love the first movie so I kind of regret not being in on Old Ben and the Princess but I can live without the line.

I'm dead tired, I didn't sleep well last night... Something about worrying about getting up so early and missing the alarm always disrupts my sleep patterns.

"and a promise made is a debt unpaid" (by the way I'll award a Brass Figlagee with Bronze Oak-Leaf Palm to whoever knows where that line is from and who wrote it)

Further I'll award a Brass Figlagee with Aluminum Palm to whoever can tell me who said: I'll award a Brass Figlagee etc....

Great pictures jungle jom. If I had time I would make a tee shirt to wear down there tomorrow.

Can the answer be?

"A promise made is a debt unpaid." ~Robert Service

Back