Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr. Z.... I, also, must say that my thoughts are with you and your Mom. Kfog, I hope your Mom makes a full recovery from her knee replacement operation.

Thanks to all for the kind words! Dr. Zaius is right about taking time out for oneself. I have a little invation of Sideshow to give up! Anyone else with me?:monkey5:monkey4:monkey5

Hey Jungle, My Anakin Skywalker showed up today! He stands 8-1/2" tall and his arms are multi-jointed at the wrists, elbows and shoulders! His legs also bend and flex at the hip and knees. He's looks like a he's a really good height for the gorilla child.

Thanks for the heads up on this KFOG. He'll be a good project at some point!

Hey Jungle, My Anakin Skywalker showed up today! He stands 8-1/2" tall and his arms are multi-jointed at the wrists, elbows and shoulders! His legs also bend and flex at the hip and knees. He's looks like a he's a really good height for the gorilla child.

Thanks for the heads up on this KFOG. He'll be a good project at some point!

No problem at all! I will look forward to a pic or two later.:cool:

Thanks Sticks,

It's a pretty cool picture of Anakin. I'm not going to change his height after all. I think this figure is close enough to the size that I needed for the gorilla child.

KFOG,

How did your final dye job work for your gorilla uniforms? (Any good pics?) I'm going to have to get some dye and mix it like you did for "My Little Marcus." What colors did you mix together from RIT? Did you mix it 50/50? Actually, I would guess you used 90% purple and 10% brown.

Last edited:
I accomplished the mixing of purple and brown to create the right color for the Gorilla soldiers shirt and pants. Now it is time to sew them. Ready for the sewing circle Jungle or Angel?:chew:archer

KFOG, wouldn't it be much easier to just to dye the uniform from Sideshow with your custom color rather than making/sewing a new shirt and pants?

You may decide to do that instead. But first, I think I would use the color remover made by RIT. Then use your custom dye.

Last edited:
KFOG, wouldn't it be much easier to just to dye the uniform from Sideshow with your custom color rather than making/sewing a new shirt and pants?

You may decide to do that instead. But first, I think I would use the color remover made by RIT. Then use your custom dye.

Hi Angel! I just wanted to also accomplish the correct material that the Gorillas wore! It looks to be a flannel type material and that is why I used shop rags that you can get in the automotive section at wallmart. I also noticed that it would make the right material for the Virdon shirt and pants. On the Dyed Gorilla material, I used the full box of purple and 1/2 a box of brown. Even though I like the color that came out, I would go with 1 box of purple and 3/4 box of brown. Let me know how that turns out.:cool:

Last edited:
KFOg, I have some RIT color dyes I never used when I was filming. I'll check the colors again. How many outfits would this make and how long would you soak the? Good job on your banner!

KFOg, I have some RIT color dyes I never used when I was filming. I'll check the colors again. How many outfits would this make and how long would you soak the? Good job on your banner!

Hi Stickman! I have only tested two 12" x 13 1/2" red shop rag squares and I thought that they came out well. The problem that I have now is finding someone that can sew a little better than me. I was a marine that sewed buttons on my uniforms, butI have had to have my Wife or Mother help me on the shirts and pants. It is just a matter of time to get some help. I think that the hard part is getting the proper color down. I used one part bleach by 10 parts water to bleach the material and then used the sink/bucket directions on the inner part of the RIT box to dye the material. A little timely, but efficient. Thanks!:D

Hi KFOG,

How close is the custom dye color you made compared to the actual coloring of little Marcus? Would you still go with the mixture upgrade by adding extra brown dye as you put in your last post? :angelsmil

Last edited:
All this talk of RIT dye is making me nostolgic for the old days of the now disbanded sewing circle... Sigh!

Hi KFOG,

How close is the custom dye color you made compared to the actual coloring of little Marcus? Would you still go with the mixture upgrade by adding extra brown dye as you put in your last post? :angelsmil

Hi Angel! I would go with the 90% purple and 10% brown. My dye job is more of a darker purple color.:cool:

How long till we march?

My soldiers are getting antsy, they've been waiting for two years now. There is no more corn or wheat, and the fields are dry. Fire threatens our very camp. We must push soon into the Forbidden Zone or all will be lost forever. My soldiers are wearisome of the talks and delays and they are hungry. If humans can survive in the Forbidden Zone then I have great confidence that our apes can to. We must push soon!

How long till we march?

My soldiers are getting antsy, they've been waiting for two years now. There is no more corn or wheat, and the fields are dry. Fire threatens our very camp. We must push soon into the Forbidden Zone or all will be lost forever. My soldiers are wearisome of the talks and delays and they are hungry. If humans can survive in the Forbidden Zone then I have great confidence that our apes can to. We must push soon!

Easy my ape friend. I value your kinship and your council, but this is not a task to be rushed. Let us learn and remember from the earlier crusades of others and what they garnered [that is: nothing]. We have received news [albeit unconfirmed as of yet] that our armies may indeed see additions, and without anything but a little perserverance on our part. A little more is all I say we need. Let the furor of SDCC die down then see if anything stirs from the FZ.

OK, I got the camera working for a short time and was able to get a couple of pix.
First up is The Omega Man
MyCustomOmegaMan01.jpg

And a new ape is welcomed to the garrison:
MycustomPOTAV.jpg

Those were the only POTA mentioned pix. Then the camera phitzed out again. I got some of my terminators but thats a whole other thread. :monkey5

O'kay, now that's the type of gorilla that I am looking for! Hey Ironman, is that a sculpt or an altered sideshow Gorilla? Pretty cool dude!:D

Last edited:
Back