Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aren't they the cutest?
kissin.gif

Thanks a lot PZ. I'm glad to see that you're back, we were missing you

I haven't gone anywhere... I've been more of a lurker on this thread these days... just enjoying the parade of custom work being done by my ape brethren. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

I like the way the shirt and pants turned out on this Gorilla, but I would use more dark brown in the mix next time to get a more desirable color like from the first POTA's movie.:monkey1

Nice work on that figure Kfog...

The looser fitting clothes give him a broader and more intimidating look.

Nice work on that figure Kfog...

The looser fitting clothes give him a broader and more intimidating look.

Hi Jungle Jom! I totally agree with you! I am satisfied with the color of this uniform and will be testing other colors down the road. I can say that I did sew the black snaps on. Sewing circle anyone? Thanks again!:D

More pictures with the corrected boots for the Gorilla LT. and Anakin as a mute human from POTA and Beneath. Notice that there has to be feet added to this boy. Any ideas out there for the proper size and color to match this figure? Maybe Mego feet? Thankyou!:monkey4

Hey Angel, I'm looking forward to seeing this sculpt! :monkey5

It may be a about a week until you guys see little Marcus. I'd rather wait until I finish his clothing before posting a picture. I'll post the completed figure once he's done. Hang in there ape fans.

By the way, I'm going to be dying some of Ziras clothing also. Wait until you guys see what's I'm doing with the dyed clothing! It'll be very unique and imaginative! I don't want to say anymore...yet!

News Flash! Have you guys seen what our General has been doing??? Check this out:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15186

Last edited:
Angel...

How did you fix Anakin's feet for your Little Marcus figure?

I can't wait to see what you've cooked up with Zira's dyed clothes.

How soon till we see the completed Wagon? !

What is going on with the Victor Buono Mutant?

Have you done anything yet on your Lady Liberty Dummy torso?

How is the construction of Ape City progressing in your backyard? Ha Ha!

Oh by the way... did you know that Taylor and Brent served in the Civil War?, Ask Sticks about it.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22856

Hi Jungle Jom! I totally agree with you! I am satisfied with the color of this uniform and will be testing other colors down the road. I can say that I did sew the black snaps on. Sewing circle anyone? Thanks again!:D

Kfog, great job on the Lt.'s uniform. Maybe you can try Tamiya color Acrylic paint FLAT FLESH XF-15. I think you may be very pleased with your results.
Good Luck ape brother

It may be a about a week until you guys see little Marcus. I'd rather wait until I finish his clothing before posting a picture. I'll post the completed figure once he's done. Hang in there ape fans.

By the way, I'm going to be dying some of Ziras clothing also. Wait until you guys see what's I'm doing with the dyed clothing! It'll be very unique and imaginative! I don't want to say anymore...yet!

News Flash! Have you guys seen what our General has been doing??? Check this out:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15186

Hey, That's not APE related! :rotfl - Nice Work

IM, any update on that Crazy Horse sculpt?

Angel- I hope it's not going to be a Tie-Dye Acid version of the Apes:lol

Last edited:
Kfog, great job on the Lt.'s uniform. Maybe you can try Tamiya color Acrylic paint FLAT FLESH XF-15. I think you may be very pleased with your results.
Good Luck ape brother

Hi Stickman! Much appreciated! Is the Tamiya color Acrylic paint FLAT FLESH XF-15 for a sculpt? Thanks!:rolleyes:

Hi Stickman! Much appreciated! Is the Tamiya color Acrylic paint FLAT FLESH XF-15 for a sculpt? Thanks!:rolleyes:

Sure, their paints pretty much cover anything. You may want to prime it first. Did you ever find that other Tamiya paint, the flat Brown?

Sure, their paints pretty much cover anything. You may want to prime it first. Did you ever find that other Tamiya paint, the flat Brown?

Hi Stickman! I will have to hunt down that paint type that you told me about for the Gorilla faces.:monkey4

Angel...

How did you fix Anakin's feet for your Little Marcus figure?

I can't wait to see what you've cooked up with Zira's dyed clothes.

How soon till we see the completed Wagon? !

What is going on with the Victor Buono Mutant?

Have you done anything yet on your Lady Liberty Dummy torso?

How is the construction of Ape City progressing in your backyard? Ha Ha!

Oh by the way... did you know that Taylor and Brent served in the Civil War?, Ask Sticks about it.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22856

Thanks for asking JUNGLE, Anakin (Little Marcus) now has custom ape feet. They look like the feet of Cornelius, but much smaller. They haven't been painted yet...

The dyed Zira clothing is going to very very original. I think all you ape fans will just love it!

I've broken away (temporarily) from doing the wagon. It's a slow process and I was getting bored. Not really sure when I'll be finished yet. Needed a break from it…

The Victor Buono Mutant is still requiring painting. He sits and waits for me. I recently bought the paints but he hasn't been a priority with all there other projects going on.

The Lady Liberty Project is ramping up. I've bought my supplies and I'm ready to go. I really want to finish the ape wagon before I even start this project. I'm thinking this one may take a while.

Until I retire, construction of Ape City will not be progressing in my backyard. You'll be waiting another decade for that to happen.

I checked out Taylor and Brent serving in the Civil War. Thanks for sharing! I never realized they served until now.

Thanks IM.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed those Brotherhood of Arms pictures with Taylor and Brent. This was the only line I believe that SideShow released carded outfits. I wish they would release more. Unfortunately I don't think that they considered the issue regarding the lack of head-sculpts to help sell this line. Too many people back then had straggly beards and goat-tees so a clean shaven sculpt just wouldn't do. Bearded Taylor and Brent seemed like logical choices. Too bad that Bearded Taylor is so pricey.

Kfog- Good luck with that paint any hobby store will have it. It goes for about $2.25 a bottle.

Back