Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Stickman! Check out my custom Military figures on the BOA forum here. Later Dude.:bouncin:archer

Yes KFOG! I'm glad you shared those wonderful pictures. You are very talented with making uniforms. Those Spanish soldiers are amazing. How long did it take you to make those uniforms? I really want to make some Native American garbs, but it would require a lot of bead work. I know I can get some leather leggins from Dog Soldier for $1.00 each that are plan and great for customizing.

KFOG - I really like your LT.s uniform. I perfer the more purplish color than SS' brown color. Maybe Angel could sculpt those Anakin feet for you, when he finds time and you can paint them, then your figure would be set. If you have a Nova figure maybe you could get a size comparison for Anakin and see how much larger or smaller those feet need to be. I can't wait to see more pictures. I'll be busy this weekend but am hoping to film some more photos for the Apes and BOA line on Tuesday. Have a great weekend Ape Freaks! :chew

Hi Stickman! The Uniforms took many hours of research and time to make. They started out as a personal love of mine for the Alamo movie and then went into selling them on e-bay and then special orders. I donot have my main computer set of right now, or I could send some really nice pictures. I am working on it though. I also plan on making a more articulated Gorilla from the Hasbro head. I plan on placing the head on a DML body and then customise from there. Thanks for the praise dude!:D

I also plan on making a more articulated Gorilla from the Hasbro head. I plan on placing the head on a DML body and then customise from there. Thanks for the praise dude!:D

You'll need to add to the neck to make it work. I tried to use the DML but it left the head too low. My solution was to use some of the Eversparkle "Go Army" figures that were at wholesaler's like BJ's and Sam's club a few years back. They are basically a DML body with Hasbro Classic Collection chest and the neck stud is a bit higher so that a head with less neck on it fits rather well. I made a bunch of "background" apes that way. I'm now thinking of trying Angel's "open mouth" out on them as well.[being as I had no luck using it on the SSC apes].
And BTW, should anyone still be able to find any of those Eversparkle figures PLMK.
Thanks!!

Hi Ironman! Thanks for the heads up on the kneck post. I will have to make adjustments or find another body like you said. Much appreciated!:cool:

Hi Ironman! Thanks for the heads up on the kneck post. I will have to make adjustments or find another body like you said. Much appreciated!:cool:

No problem. You may also consider some other "fixes" I've used. A wine bottle cork, bottom center cut out and glued to the neck stud, then the head slid on. Also I've used the protective tube from a Krazy Glue tube. It slides into the head then gets glued to the base neck.
I'll try and get some pix posted but as you're all well aware, I'm drastically behind. And I'm still tweaking the story to my satisfaction....

Hey Angel...

Here is another pic of little Marcus to help you with your project!

By the way, did you know that this actor also played cousin Itt from "The Addams Family" and Twikki from "Buck Rodgers"?

His Name is Felix Silla.

Last edited:
Kfog, here's a couple of ways that the Hasbro heads worked out:
MycustomPOTA02.jpg

MycustomPOTA01.jpg

The foreground apes are all on the Eversparkle bodies. The rear left is converted onto a "super-articulated" GI Joe and the right rear is on the Formative SOTW 'super-articulated" body

Hey Angel...

By the way, did you know that this actor also played cousin Itt from "The Addams Family" and Twikki from "Buck Rodgers"?

His Name is Felix Silla.

Thanks for sharing this picture of Little Marcus JUNGLE...It looks as though I may have to improvise the logo on the chest of Little Marcus. I've been unable to locate a picture of what the emblem actually looks like. Should you come across ANYTHING, please let me know.

In the meantime, I'm off from work today, so I'm about to work on the rear doors for the ape wagon, installing the locking mechanism, hinges and creating the large brake pads. Wish me luck. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Hey Angel...

His Name is Felix Silla.

He also was a Talosian in the pilot episode of Star Trek "The Cage", was in the body of Lucifer in the Battlestar Galactica (1978), played a penguin in Batman Returns, and was an Ewok in Return of the Jedi.

It's amazing to think that this little guy was in some of the most iconic science fiction/fantasy ventures of the last 40 years....

that and he was the Polka Dotted Horse in H.R. Pufnstuf. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

He also was a Talosian in the pilot episode of Star Trek "The Cage", was in the body of Lucifer in the Battlestar Galactica (1978), played a penguin in Batman Returns, and was an Ewok in Return of the Jedi.

It's amazing to think that this little guy was in some of the most iconic science fiction/fantasy ventures of the last 40 years....

that and he was the Polka Dotted Horse in H.R. Pufnstuf. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Wow that is a very impressive resume. Those ARE the most iconic sci-fi films, and fantasy spots.
Jom- That is a very cool photo of Little Marcus, I've never seen it before. Thanks for sharing.

Hello Ironman! I appreciate the pics. I do know of the articulated bodies that you refer to. I do believe that the k-bee toys outlet used to carry them at one time out here in the Phoenix area. Thanks again!:chew

Hello Ironman! I appreciate the pics. I do know of the articulated bodies that you refer to. I do believe that the k-bee toys outlet used to carry them at one time out here in the Phoenix area. Thanks again!:chew

If you happen to see them around, PLMK.

Hi Ironman. I found some 12" military figures and swat figures at Big Lots today. They appear to have the DML like bodies. Are you familiar with those? I will have to get the correct name brand and send that to you. Thanks! :rotfl

Hi Ironman. I found some 12" military figures and swat figures at Big Lots today. They appear to have the DML like bodies. Are you familiar with those? I will have to get the correct name brand and send that to you. Thanks! :rotfl

That would be great!! Pix if you can!!
They sound like the ol' Eversparkle figures.

I just got an early birthday present from my Brother which included:

2 Super 8 films - Planet of the Apes, & Conquest
4 POTA Post Cards
and a unique mint POTA study guide book; here's a photo:
PlanetoftheApesstudyguide.jpg

here are some questions for the classroom:

1) In the building which houses the apes at the Bronx Zoo in New York, there is an exhibit carrying the identifying legend, "The Most Dangerous Animal in The World." As you look through the bars, you find you are face-to-face with a mirror! Why do you feel this statement is made at the zoo? What ****agous situation do we find in PLANET OF THE APES? Do you think man may eventually bring about his own self destruction?

2) Do you think that somewhere in space a PLANET OF THE APES may exist? Do you deem it possible that the earth someday may become a PLANET OF THE APES?

3) From the point of view of time and space, what limitations, if any, will man confront in his travels through space.

4) What role will the factor of aging play in possible future extended voyages to distant parts of the universe?

and there's more....

What an excellent and fun read. I now wish I could read some of those essay answers from those college students.

Happy early birthday, Sticks!!

You already have gotten some great gifts.

Are the 8mm films Castle Films? I used to have all the monster and Abbott and Costello Castle films. I really enjoyed them as a kid!

I am also curious about the post cards... What is depicted on them?

Thanks a bunch Jom, it's not until the first of October so he's very early. He just couldn't wait and I'm glad for that!:D

I don't think the films are from CASTLE although I have a bunch of CASTLE films. Usually it would say on the box and I don't recall seeing CASTLE on them. Next time I'm in my garage I'll double check. I have over 150 films in my library. Mostly 16mm. I've got a ton of A&B, Buster Keaton, Laurel and Hardy, Our Gang, Harold Lloyd, and the Birds by Hitch****, Hardware Wars, Vicious Cycles, a dozen or so Castle toons like Popeye meets Sinbad, Popeye meets Ali Baba, Woody and many more. Also on 16mm I have Anderson Platoon, History in a Blink (awesome 2 minute film showing 200 years of this country's history; simply amazing,) All the Universal Monsters, This Mechanical Age and a few trailers like Oh God You Devil, and Star Wars.

On Super 8 I now have Star Wars, Planet of the Apes, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, On the Waterfront, a lot of Humphrey Bogart trailers, and a few others.

In IMAX 70MM I have a Attack of the Clones teaser in near mint condition, released to only 30 theaters.

Some of these films I've had to repair and splice back together, but as a veteran projectionist this was no problem for me, and the neighborhood enjoys my viewings. I have slowed down due to my back but that hasn't stopped the love I have for great films; like PLANET OF THE APES!

Here are some quick pictures of those postcards:
GoApe.jpg
EscapePostcard.jpg

CourtroomPostcard.jpg
Photo124.jpg

Wow that is quite a collection of films! You must have a large climate controlled area to store all the titles you own. Film fans in your neighborhood must really love you.

Thanks for posting the shots of the postcards. I was really curious about them.

Back