Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kfog...

I really like the job you did on that figure's outfit.

A BILLION times better than those Sideshow rags.

Hi Ironman! Matt Sotis is a collector and customiser that is metioned in the Planet of the Apes Sauseville book. He usually does 8" mego customs. I have been buying from him for the last 10 plus years or so and he does quality stuff. I noticed a few customs of his on this forum in the past including an 8" Galen. Here is a link for everyone!:cool:
https://msotis.home.mindspring.com/custom.htm

Last edited:
Has he made any other 1:6 items for you? I didn't see any 1:6 on his site. Did he use to sell thru the Toy Shop paper? His Brent looked familiar. Very nice stuff but I'm not going to start spending that kind of money on 8" figures. I'd gladly buy some 1:6 though!! :monkey5

Has he made any other 1:6 items for you? I didn't see any 1:6 on his site. Did he use to sell thru the Toy Shop paper? His Brent looked familiar. Very nice stuff but I'm not going to start spending that kind of money on 8" figures. I'd gladly buy some 1:6 though!! :monkey5

Hi Ironman! He has made me 1/6th scale loincloths as pictured on my prior entry and also does custom heads. The Tunic on my Leutenant is also made by him. Go to the home link on the url I sent before and you will find his full page.:D

Hey Angel...

Where are you????

You haven't posted since 8/15...

Is everything all right?

I miss your pics, and barbs about me living in NYC and having no room for the subway dio.

If you are busy and can't reply in long form just say Hi! to let us know you are A Okay

Hi Apefans! Who's enjoying a long 3 day weekend?

:ted:elefant:banana:chew:bunnydanc:woo

What projects are you guys working on that we all would like to know about? ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
Good to hear from you Angel.

I guess we will all be enjoying the last holliday weekend of summer. This is the third year in a row I will not have to work the entire weekend.

I love the time off but miss all the time and 1/2 and double time pay.

There is good and bad to everything.

Enjoy Labor Day and tune in to a bit of the Telethon and give a little something to MDA.

This means
WAR
GeneralUrsusIIStill-3.jpg

Attack!!!!

Old times......old times:monkey2

:wave

I finally bought the Omega Man on DVD and have watched it allready. All that talk on this forum made me think about buying it. It has been a long time since I had seen the Movie. Now for the Air Force cap and suit to go with it. Any cloth crusher caps and silk Air Force uniforms out there? Thanks!

You too?! I'd go with the clothes at the beginning of the movie if it were me making Robert Neville. I guess I'm in the minority with that idea huh? I just finished reading I AM LEGEND as recommended by JJ. Perhaps you'll want to check that book out as well... It was very good. If you liked THE OMEGA MAN readthe book it was based on. In fact, I just bought the DVD THE LAST MAN ON EARTH starring Vincent Price. As already stated, it's basically the same story, just a different take on it.

Last edited:
Angel....

I agree with you Angel, I'd go with the clothes from the begining of the film as well. The problem is that they are non- discript and not easily identifiable as the outfit from later on in the film.

I'm glad you enjoyed the book, "I am Legend" by Mathison. I am interested in your opinion on Vincent Price in "The Last Man on Earth". I am not the biggest fan of the film and believe Heston's "Omega Man" to be far superior.

The question remains will the Will Smith movie "I am Legend" improve upon what has already been done or just up the special effects eye candy?

Hey DZ, you need to drop in more often than you do. I was thinking about your mutant jail cell yesterday as I made a 1/6 scale bust of Mendez. I was thinking it would probably look pretty cool in the hallway of your mutant jail cell.

Last edited:
Hey DZ, you need to drop in more often than you do. I was thinking about your mutant jail cell yesterday as I made a 1/6 scale bust of Mendez. I was thinking it would probably look pretty cool in the hallway of your mutant jail cell.

I know I need to drop in more often. I am still swamped with taking care of mom and time just seems to get away from me anymore.

I never thought about the Mendez bust! You have any pics? Sounds pretty cool!

Come on Angel...

We're all curious, Some photos and another step-by-step.

I'd also like to see how far you have progressed on the wagon. The last time you posted pics you had come along a great ways. I can't wait to see it now!

You too?! I'd go with the clothes at the beginning of the movie if it were me making Robert Neville. I guess I'm in the minority with that idea huh? I just finished reading I AM LEGEND as recommended by JJ. Perhaps you'll want to check that book out as well... It was very good. If you liked THE OMEGA MAN readthe book it was based on. In fact, I just bought the DVD THE LAST MAN ON EARTH starring Vincent Price. As already stated, it's basically the same story, just a different take on it.

Hey Angel! I would also have to go with the clothes at the beginning of the movie. How about both sets of clothes with many weapons with a two figure set including his female interest in the Movie? She would have to have interchageable heads though.:D

Back