Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see him take off with this project!

Gotta get the poll rolling and a few other customs out of the way, but I'm working on it.
Hmmm, maybe the Daedalus, but I'll still call it Icarus 7. LOL :monkey5
As for the busts... that would require them to be cast them recast and shrunk. Thats way out of my league. Of course, if someone else finds a way I'm in!!!

Casting isn't a problem... but how the heck would you shrink it? I never heard of anything like that.

Yea, I wonder if anyone knows how to shrink heads! Any witch Doctors out there! I can always ask Matt Sotis! He has a connection to 1/6th scale Ape heads. :monkey3

Hi Ironman. Are the Apes Sculps notorius for having scuffs on them? In this case, a scuff on the Cornelius (lips) sculpt and other scuffs on a Zaius sculpt.:monkey4

Kfog, I haven't found any noticeable scrapes on my POTA apes. And as for Mr Sotis... what has he got?? More importantly, does he share?!?!?

Ironman - How many people were willing to commit when Armando won the head poll? 6? 7? 8? Let me know.

I'll have to be able to get to my old computer, thats where I kept all the info on the #'s. The additional problem was that a firm decision of goatee or cleanshaven could not be reached and some didn't want to go for the 2 pack idea.....
Humans are so difficult.

Kfog, I haven't found any noticeable scrapes on my POTA apes. And as for Mr Sotis... what has he got?? More importantly, does he share?!?!?

Hi Ironman! Actually he "sells" 1/6th scale sculpts. I will have to e-mail him again and get some updates on what he has been up to lately. I will try to get some pictures.:cool:

I know you're making a joke and sometimes people have to explain things to me...

I like the head hunters part of the joke JUNGLE.... and I'm giggling as I right this, :lol but what do you mean by witch doctors? :confused:

Set me straight buddy

Last edited:
A few posts back a page ago. Kfog made a reference to wanting to shrink heads and said he was in need of a witch doctor.

I guess I picked it up and ran with it being Jungle Jom and seeing all the african jungle references!!!!!

Ahhhhh, now I understand... I forgot all about that head shrinking stuff KFOG was asking about... Now it all makes sense to me. Thanks bub

What to you think about the Armando head Jungle? If I recall correctly you're really only interested in the ape figures from the 1st 2 movies huh?

As you know my main interest is in characters from the first two films. So no Armando is of no real interest to me. I'm up for any new mutants, Julius, Luscius, members of the ape council, Landon and Dodge.

On another note I've invited people in the yahoo Planet of the Apes group to come and check out this thread for the interesting projects we have going on here. Maybe they will be interested in new head sculpts. I don't know it is the first time I've posted there. Hrer is the link:

https://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/pota/messages

I used to post at the Yahoo POTA group... but I found their reaction to the Sideshow product surprising.... it was overly negative and hyper criticial.

It wasn't an overly pleasant experience I must say. I don't post there anymore. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Thanks so much Proto, I had no idea! I trust your opinion, fellow ape and I will be vigilant as to not get too involved.

As you could tell from my posts I am not a fan of negativity either!

As you know my main interest is in characters from the first two films. So no Armando is of no real interest to me. I'm up for any new mutants, Julius, Luscius, members of the ape council, Landon and Dodge.

On another note I've invited people in the yahoo Planet of the Apes group to come and check out this thread for the interesting projects we have going on here. Maybe they will be interested in new head sculpts. I don't know it is the first time I've posted there. Hrer is the link:

https://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/pota/messages

Well, we'll see what happens... it was good of you to invite them. I'd love to see more folks on this string.

Hi Angel! Would the Armondo heads come out to $33.00 for each head painted?:cool:

Kfog, please let me know about any heads he has or sells.[/QUOTE]

Hi Ironman! The following is the last e-mail sent by me and received from him.

Hi Matt! Do you have any 1/6th scale items (sculpts) in the future or on hand? Thanks for the
feedback, Kent.

Hi Kent, Not at the moment. I'm still trying to wrap up all these orders, both
8" and 12". As soon as i get finished up, i'd like to try some new stuff,
including that 12" Dodge you mentioned. I think i've got all the parts to do
just that. Keep in touch. Matt.:cool:

Back