Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I guess you will be including the side hatch as seen in "Escape" and the television series.

In 1/6 scale, according to those blueprints for the Icarus that were posted a few days ago by JUNGLE, the Icarus would be 2' 8" across (at the very rear of the ship) and 7' 3" in total length. Really neat blueprints, those should be really helpful to you Ironman. Keep us posted on that project!

Last edited:
Where's Kfog and Stickman?

Hey. hey everyone! I'm right here Angel! I really like the idea of the Icarus project! I have been making preparations for an upcoming move. I started a new job about a month ago and will be so glad to get the rest of my property out of storage. I have most of my collectibles there. You all know how much nicer it is to be able to display and spread things out. I will also be able to pursue more Apes projects. By the way! Is anyone familiar with the Apes Bust made in 2002?:monkey1

In 1/6 scale, according to those blueprints for the Icarus that were posted a few days ago by JUNGLE, the Icarus would be 2' 8" across (at the very rear of the ship) and 7' 3" in total length. Really neat blueprints, those should be really helpful to you Ironman. Keep us posted on that project!

Gee Angel, I never stopped to do the math. I never thought it would be over four or five feet.

I definately wouldn't have room for it here in NYC.

That I-man is gonna need a bigger garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However I-man follow this link for some good news on how to scale back an unmanagable 7 foot space ship to a smaller one and still be screen accurate and 1/6 scale!

https://www.goingfaster.com/icarus/allthings.htm

Look at the comparison between the Icarus and Daedalus. The Daedelus ends just behind the double stripe

Last edited:
I have that gorilla bust. I like it.
The Icarus will be a slow project for sure. I only did rough calculations in my head and had estimated it at about 6ft. I may have to "Brent" it up and crash it to make it fit. LOL.

Hi Angel! Yep, from Amok time. I actually bought mine from e-bay. Hey Ironman, I have not received my Gorilla bust yet. Are they in 1/6th scale and if so can they be tooled in a way to fit on top of a sideshow body? Thanks!:cool:

No, unfortunately not. The head is too large even for Sideshow. :monkey5

I-man follow this link for some good news on how to scale back an unmanagable 7 foot space ship to a smaller one and still be screen accurate and 1/6 scale!

https://www.goingfaster.com/icarus/allthings.htm

Look at the comparison between the Icarus and Daedalus. The Daedelus ends just behind the double stripe

The Daedalus seems to be the better choice for Ironman! That's what the I-man really wanted to build, and being smaller is size also a BIG plus!

Last edited:
Back