Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironman- Are you refering to the head of Armando being drilled out? If so, why does it need to be drilled out? I'm a rookie at this, please explain.

Last edited:
KFOG Why don't you get Matt Sotis to visit this thread? It would be great to have another fan posting here.

Hi Angel! He has made reference to knowing someone from this thread that he has also sold to. I donot know who though! I will ask him about checking this thread out also.
:cool:

Drilling in resin is no big deal. It's a matter of just selecting the appropriate drill bit size. The real question is how deep would you want it drilled? I'm thinking that the deepness would be direct rerlation to the POST (or neck) it is to be mounted on. You tell me how deep you want the hole to be and I'll drill it out for you... Do you fill it with glue to mount it???

Hey guys, if anyone is need of more Apes, Amoktimetoys has a bunch for sale on eBay. Most of the single figures are about $24 so not a huge deal, but still... they also have the Taylor/Nova 2 pack for $40 and some 6 figure case deals for $113... just thought some of you might be interested.

Here are some of the case deals, and you can find the rest in their store listings...

Mutant Leader

Zira

General Ursus

Armando won't be happening after all. :( I just learned that she is selling these heads for $200.00 each! If you read the eBay advertisement (carefully) she's willing to sell 6 heads for $1,000.00. One head will cost $200.00

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150162434322&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

That's way to much for me! I'm sorry ... this project has gone on hold. I know you guys will understand.

~Angel~ :angelsmil

Hi Angel! You may want to explain to her fair market value of todays comparisons. She probably won't budge though! We will still find another way to get that same sculpt from someone else. No big deal.:monkey5

Yes, I might understand 6 different sculpts for that price. But at $200 for the initial sculpt the casts shouldn't equal the same cost. She may not fully understand that it is only one sculpt but cast 5 additional times.

I applaud this thread for its longevity....big Kongrats to the Iron Man,the true Ape Warrior.:clap:clap:clap

I was messing around with my computer today and decided to check out those measurements that Jungle provided to us concerning the Icarus. The oval in the attached picture represents the shape and size on the rear of the Icarus. Looks like those bluepeints are pretty accurate Jungle. I'm not building the Icarus... that's Ironmans project!

I love that Heston shot with your representation of the Icarus behind him...

It's a lot of work for you to do to show size comparison... Thanks!

Are you sure you have no plans for the Icarus? ? ?? ???? ??????

Where is Sticks??

I know he has some health problems and I am a little concerned. I know he drops out of this thread when working on projects, I hope that is why he has not posted for a while.

Sticks... Just say Hi so we know all is well.

Where is Sticks??

I know he has some health problems and I am a little concerned. I know he drops out of this thread when working on projects, I hope that is why he has not posted for a while.

STICKMAN has been in CT visiting family and didn't have access to a PC. He ended up going to that GI Joe film festival which he entered his short film in. He tells me he's really looking forward to doing another. I won't say anymore... I'm sure he'll fill you guys in any day now. :)

Where is Sticks??

Thanks a bunch for the concern Jom, and Angel. I've been away for a while. I ended up severely spraining my left ankle while in CT and had to stay off of it for three weeks, nice way to spend a vacation huh? I'm now just starting an 8 hour pain managment program for the next several weeks regarding my back so I'll be away for a bit more. Anyways, I won fourth place in the GI Joe Film Festival. It was a good time in Denver, My next stop motion piece is going to be set in the 1870's and I'm looking for a Crazy Horse sculpt and a few other native american figures. I know Dog Soldiers make the best out there but I wanted some variety amongst my Cheyenne and Sioux Indians. I hope everyone is well, and long live the apes! I'll try to check in in a couple of days, I have to go lay down now.
POTAAPES025.jpg

Back