Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What exactly is cool about this?? :lol

The molds (or copies) have been around a long time. Various companies have used them, or version of them, for years. One current user makes 12" figures for R/C aircraft.

If Diamond wanted to be try to be cool, they would use the 12" (superman)molds.

Blowmolding is one of the cheapest processes producing one of the cheapest figures available. These products should not be expensive at all. If they are high "collectible" prices, they will be a ripoff.

Besides, the original figures were made for the TV show not the films!:lol:lol:lol

What's cool?
- That the Apes live on in figure form. While not 1:6, its still keeping POTA in the public light.
- That its not another Indiana Jones announcement
- That Ape fans can like that the Apes franchise moves on

And, by the way, Proto, Jungle and Angel are all correct. The TV series figures came out after the Cornelius, Zira, Dr. Zaius, Gorilla and Astronaut.
If they are like the Trek re-issues they will probably retail for about $19.99. As for getting them? Some may prove useful for ape children.

Coming soon... TV series Virdon in human attire.
Also working on plans for my own wagon and an Icarus, not to mention a whole new crew sent out on one final rescue mission.

Hey guys!! Just trying to relax a little before heading back to work, but I got to thinking....
The last Armando poll failed miserably. Mostly it seemed due to a lot of folks voting who didn't commit to buying.
That notwithstanding, do you feel its worth doing another poll for a head sculpt? This time it would be an all simian poll. and each vote would be a commit to purchase the final approved sculpt. Think this could work?
Let me know.

Coming soon... TV series Virdon in human attire.
Also working on plans for my own wagon and an Icarus, not to mention a whole new crew sent out on one final rescue mission.

That's what I've been waiting for! Someone else who is making something at this website. Sideshow isn't making any excitement in the the world of apes right now so we have to make our own! I look forward to seeing everything that you're working on. If you guys don't motivate me who will???

Hey guys!! Just trying to relax a little before heading back to work, but I got to thinking....
The last Armando poll failed miserably. Mostly it seemed due to a lot of folks voting who didn't commit to buying.
That notwithstanding, do you feel its worth doing another poll for a head sculpt? This time it would be an all simian poll. and each vote would be a commit to purchase the final approved sculpt. Think this could work?
Let me know.

Do it! You know you can count on me! :)

Hey I-man...

I can't wait to see the projects you will be working on!

I am especially interested in the Icarus. Are you planning to do it 1/6th?
Are you doing the interior as well?

I know where to find blue prints for the ship if you need them.

Let me know if the blue prints will be of assistance.

Let me know.

I had mentioned something to this affect soon after the last Custom gone array. I did not understand that there were the votes, but not the people to step up and buy the sculpt. Ironman, I am totally in as before!:rolleyes:

Jungle, I'm planning it out in 1:6. How well that actually works out will determine whether it gets an interior.

I'll give the poll some thought and hopefully have one in place next week.

Jungle, I'm planning it out in 1:6. How well that actually works out will determine whether it gets an interior.

I'll give the poll some thought and hopefully have one in place next week.

Hey Ironman - what type of material do you think you'll be using for the outer shell and body of the Icarrus?

With regards to the next poll, don't forget to include Milo!

Hey Ironman - what type of material do you think you'll be using for the outer shell and body of the Icarrus?

With regards to the next poll, don't forget to include Milo!

Milo will definitely be included.
As for the Icarus? I'm brainstorming with my son. I may try a small version first to see how it works. At least to start off. It would mostly be for show and background. The "interior" shots may just wind up being seperate sets.
I'm thinking of a combination of PVC, wood, foamcore and posterboard.

Like Angel I also was curious as to what materials you were going to use, I-man.

Based on what you've said, I guess it will not be waterproof so you won't be recreating the crash in the original film.

When you finish it, it will most definately be the centerpiece of your collection and the envy of every ape fan on these boards.

The Icarus is quite an ambishious project. I wish you luck and really look forward to seeing it progress.

HAPPY SEPTEMBER 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On September 13 1974 "Planet of the Apes" the television series premiered on CBS!

HAPPY SEPTEMBER 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On September 13 1974 "Planet of the Apes" the television series premiered on CBS!

Yeah... opposite Nielsen juggernauts "Sanford & Son" and "Chico and the Man". The Apes didn't know what hit them. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Based on what you've said, I guess it will not be waterproof so you won't be recreating the crash in the original film.

Awwwww, that's to bad! :monkey2

I'm trying to visualize a 7 foot Icarrus spaceship being tossed about and hurled threw the air, eventually landing into a massive body of water! How cool is that?! :lol

Last edited:
I know nobody here is really interested in the Mego rehashes but I was just thinking... the first two Mego POTA figures they plan on releasing are Cornelius and Ursus. I wonder which Mego figure Ursus will be since, according to the Mego Museum, both the helmeted and non-helmet second wave gorillas never was definitively named as such. :google:google:google

I have a hunch that it's going to be the helmeted version since that figure is more indentifiable to Mego line given the "colorful" choices they made in regard to the costume. Will DST take this opportunity to FINALLY rectify the mistakes Mego made over 30 years ago... or will they reproduce the figure faithfully to the original specs. :confused::confused::confused:

I guess I'm hoping on the former but expecting the latter. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

These are straight reproductions. They did the same thing with Star Trek and duplicated the original figures exactly. That's the point of that line.

Like Angel I also was curious as to what materials you were going to use, I-man.

When you finish it, it will most definately be the centerpiece of your collection and the envy of every ape fan on these boards.

The Icarus is quite an ambishious project. I wish you luck and really look forward to seeing it progress.

Waterproof? Hmmm, maybe it will sink with a little photoshop help. :rolleyes:
I was really thinking about Burke & Virdon's ship or perhaps the "rescue" ship for my original crew.

Back