Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dare I say it, from a non-fanatic's point of view I think Sideshow's Apes line is quite extensive - especially for a franchise that hasn't been active in decades!

I agree. It is hard to find another Sideshow figure line that had such a large roll out as the Planet of the Apes line... which, unfortunately, contributed to the line demise. Too many figures too soon... and, of course too many Taylors. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

I truly believe the big reason for this large roll out was due to the support of the line by sculptor and Sideshow VIP Mat Falls. I think it was his love of the films that made these figures possible.

Also, the POTA line has some of Mat Falls best work to date in the 12" format. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Last edited:
When is your birthday Stickman? Perhaps I'll send you something really cool. Sorry, but it won't be the wagon. :(

I worked overtime today to make some $$$. Therefore, I didn't work on the wagon today. Perhaps tomorrow I'll make some major strides...

Here are a few pictures of the camera used after the hunt. The camera is not exactly the same, but it's very close. I think it was a pretty cool thing to make for a small project. Hope you like it.

Still haven't found any time to paint the heads of The Fat Man or The President of the Assembly. They just sit there starring at me...

~Angel~ :angelsmil

Hello my fellow Apes!

Believe it or not but today is my 37th Birthday!!!:fireworks

:happybday:duff:elefant:medic

I wish I could do more but I'm currently in a pain management program that is full time and really wears me out. I have six more weeks to go. I'm itching so bad on filming some more. I would love to do the courtroom scene or the tunnel scene from BTPOTA. Hey Angel are you making any copies? I went back a few pages, because I've been gone so long and saw those chairs and sculpture you made. GREAT JOB. Regardless of accuracy I really like how your camera came out. I also noticed that you put a bayonet on the gorillas rifle. Nice touch. All you need now are a few hairy humans hanging upside down, and three smiling apes taking a photo. When you're looking to sell please let me know, as I want to embed those works of art into a scene of Stop Motion. I sure miss all the down time I had before, but I'm trying to remain positive and hopefully it will come again soon. I'm almost intimidated by you guys because accuracy so such a key element. I like to just mesh things together. :D

I don't read the SS newsletters anymore, Have they announced anything regarding their APE announcement months ago? If people were to guess is it going to be 1:6th, 1:4, or maybe just a frisbee? :confused:

I hope they make their announcement soon. Is there any big Sci-Fi convention on the horizon or was Comic Con their big show of the year?

Talk to you Ape Freaks soon, I'm going out for a B-Day dinner, I'll check back later. :chew

Hey Sticks...

I just wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday. Hope your dinner was fun and that you enjoyed yourself. I hope the program you are involved with works out for you and is successful.

Well, here's my evening check in. Thanks a bunch Jom, I went out for some Indian food. I'm a vegetarian, so it was good stuff. :monkey3 It would be nice to see some updated photos of that coffin even though you're not happy with the color. How's your son doing with his animation? I'll talk to you soon buddy.

You're only 37 STICKMAN? Why you're still a young punk! Send me an e-mail with your address, I'm going to mail you something for your BD. Happy belated Birthday Kiddo.

500th post for me... I didn't seem like I posted that many, but I guess I did!

I just came across some new and unknown, to me, clips of Galen as a graying and older chimp. I believe the clips are intro's and outtros for the TV series when it was repackaged into two episode "movies".

I believe it is the last time McDowell played an ape.

Here is the link.

https://potatv.kassidyrae.com/Aged_Galen.wmv

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Stickman!! Many more are sure to come your way. We still need to touch base about maybe filming a joint script!!

Jungle, yes they are from the TV series repackaged telefilms. Nice to see but it leaves so much open space yet to be filled in the ape universe. :monkey2

I just came across some new and unknown, to me, clips of Galen as a graying and older chimp. I believe the clips are intro's and outtros for the TV series when it was repackaged into two episode "movies".

Here is the link.

That's a neat footage JJ. Roddy seems to suggest that Burke and Virdon went back in time towards the end of the footage. Was there footage ever shot showing this? If there was I never saw it.

You guys are the best! Thanks a bunch for the great wishes. This will be a great year. All the stars are in alignment!

IM lets do it! If we can get a joint effort with fellow board members of this thread that would be an amazing feat for me.

Angel, Ill send that email for sure.

Currently I'm just starting my pain managment program. It's 9:00AM PST. I'm working on my typing skills for my vocational rehabilitation.

I hope everyone has a great day and will talk to you all soon! :grouphug

Here is the link.

Thanks for posting the link JJ! Now that I have a DSL connection, I've been meaning to watch those clips of Roddy McDowall as the older Galen... would you believe I've NEVER seen them before now. Fascinating.

Strange thing... I was watching those clips today and during them I realized, ironically, that today is the anniversary of Roddy's passing.

Nine years ago today, a great ape fell.

https://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Movies/9810/03/mcdowall.death/index.html

What's up Apes?
Hey, have any of you folks had any experience with this company:

https://apemania.com/main.htm

I really want a Chimp costume and this is the only one I could find. But $2000 is more than I want to spend.

I have had only positive experiences with these guys... and I've heard only good things from others who did business with them as well.

My only complaint was that it took more time than I expected to get the item delivered... I got it just in time for it to be a Christmas present. But the person working on it was really busy at the time doing the make-up for Martin Short's Jiminy Glick character.

Hey Proto...

What exactly did you purchase from Apemania? They sure have a large and varied catalogue.

Last edited:
I have had only positive experiences with these guys... and I've heard only good things from others who did business with them as well.

My only complaint was that it took more time than I expected to get the item delivered... I got it just in time for it to be a Christmas present. But the person working on it was really busy at the time doing the make-up for Martin Short's Jiminy Glick character.

I guess I'll have to get one item at a time and plan on having the costume for next Halloween. That won't as much of a shock for my wife.:monkey3

Hey Proto...

What exactly did you purchase from Apemania? They sure have a large and varied catalogue.

This....

I bought one of the first ones made... one with a bronze nameplate. It was too cool to pass up and it was for a good cause. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Back