Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a cool piece, but what was the good cause? Let me guess... you couldn't sleep until you owned it? :rotfl

Yeah, well there's that.... :D

100% of the proceeds of the sale goes to one of Roddy's favorite charities... the Motion Picture and Televsion fund. It's a charity that... well, this will better describe it:

https://apemania.com/CaesarFund.htm

I visited Roddy's Rose Garden myself a few years back and had my picture taken by the statue. VERY cool. Perhaps one day when I finally get a Photoshop program to re-size my photos I will post pictures here on THE THREAD. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Last edited:
TGIF!!! The Pain Management program is tough.

Angel, I'm glad to hear that you would be excited to partake in the film project. It will be very cool. We need to get IM to finish his script,and then we'll see just how many props we'll need.

Proto - I remember that photo of you in Roddy's garden. You're lucky you got that off, If I remember correctly, as they don't allow pictures to be taken there. You were standing right by Caesar, right? It was very cool.

Hey Sticks... If there is anything I can help with on the film, let me know.

I would like to participate as well, if I can.

What's up Ape freaks? Just checking in on everyone. Hey Stickman, Hang in there man! I know how it is to be out of commision for awhile. Did someone say anything about needing help on a film? Here is one for everybody! How about Dragon (DML) making a Brent figure, Armondo figure, some chimps and Orangatan's. Is there a way to throw some ideas at them? Later Ape Brothers.:cool:

I knew I can count on you guys!

Lets wait for IM to finish his script. Then we'll deconstruct it and see how many props we'll need. Hopefully there won't be too much dialog. Those guys at that GIJOEfilmfestival.com will be having another contest next year and it would be awesome if we could all participate. Maybe we could all meet in Denver next year, to collect our 1st Place Award?!, and finally all meet in person. I still wanted to make my 1870's film and have written to the owner of Dog Soldiers so I'll see what comes of that. It would be amazing to get everyone here involved in this.

Hey Kfog, the 2nd place winner of that stop motion film fest had a sequence representing the Spanish American War, and some of those outfits reminded me of your work. I even wondered if those were the outfits you made before selling them. I told Angel that there were so many Sideshow figures in that festival, I just couldn't believe it.

I would be honored to work with all of you.

P.S. Kfog I am going to make more copies of my stop motion piece this weekend and if you would like a copy just PM me your shipping info.

GO APES!!!

Does anyone know what Kfog is talking about?

He's talking about going to DML's side!!!!!
(Take heed SideShow)

SideShow currently owns the rights of POTA but they haven't done anything with it for a couple of years, and supposedly there is something in the works, so hopefully we'll hear about it soon.

OOOOOoooooo!

Now that IS exciting!

Where did you hear these rumors Sticks???

A Link If You Can.

I knew I can count on you guys!

Lets wait for IM to finish his script. Then we'll deconstruct it and see how many props we'll need. Hopefully there won't be too much dialog. Those guys at that GIJOEfilmfestival.com will be having another contest next year and it would be awesome if we could all participate. Maybe we could all meet in Denver next year, to collect our 1st Place Award?!, and finally all meet in person. I still wanted to make my 1870's film and have written to the owner of Dog Soldiers so I'll see what comes of that. It would be amazing to get everyone here involved in this.

Hey Kfog, the 2nd place winner of that stop motion film fest had a sequence representing the Spanish American War, and some of those outfits reminded me of your work. I even wondered if those were the outfits you made before selling them. I told Angel that there were so many Sideshow figures in that festival, I just couldn't believe it.

I would be honored to work with all of you.

P.S. Kfog I am going to make more copies of my stop motion piece this weekend and if you would like a copy just PM me your shipping info.

GO APES!!!

Hi Stickman! I would much appreciate that! Also, maybe competition from another company such as DML may be enough to set a fire under Sideshow's proverbial buttox. Any other company's suggestions? I am still a strong supporter pf Sidshow, so do not worry folks.:rolleyes:

Oh, by the way Stickman. I sold the Spanish uniforms to a Gentleman out of Florida. I wish that you could of gotten some pictures of them for me. Thanks for the info though!:D

Morning all.

I was trying to interpret Kfog's post for JJ, It seemed that Kfog was stating that Dragon-Models should take on the Ape license because they make better figures. At least, that is how I understood it. Kfog should be the one to clear up this mess. :sancho :confused:

Kfog?

Morning all.

I was trying to interpret Kfog's post for JJ, It seemed that Kfog was stating that Dragon-Models should take on the Ape license because they make better figures. At least, that is how I understood it. Kfog should be the one to clear up this mess. :sancho :confused:

Kfog?

O'kay y'all, don't go Ape on me! All that I was saying was that if DML started selling Planet of the Apes figures, that would not only compliment the Sideshow figures but get the other companys on the ball with our favorite hobby. Now calm down and have a bannana. :cool:

Last edited:
So in other words, you were just wishing that another company would pick up the ape line and haven't heard anything at all about another company that had any interest in the line.

So in other words, you were just wishing that another company would pick up the ape line and haven't heard anything at all about another company that had any interest in the line.

:joy:banana:joy

There you have it!

I guess he has a longer way of saying it!

Kfog, I got your message and will reply as soon as I make more copies.

That would be correct! How about the idea though? I also would like to have a variety of Gorilla sculps!:monkey1

I was searching the internet today for DML, Dragon & Planet of the Apes over KFOGs "wish"??? Man o'man... that's not how I read it either. :(

KFOG... from now on state it clearly.

Examples:

I wish I had the Statue of Liberty.
I wish I had the other Mutants.
I wish I had the Icarus.
I wish Sideshow would make more apes.
I wish Angel would stop already. :)

LOL...

I understood you Kfog!:family
I wish SideShow would start understanding him though. SOoooo many people at the filmfest were anti SideShow that it was amazing to hear their stories, even though so many of the films included their merchandise. Back in 99 When DML first started getting big, I enjoyed their merchandise but they never strayed from WWII, which will always be big for me, but only SSC offered variations like Planet of the Apes, and I must admit, since then, SSC has just gone down. SSC's target audience seems to be at the level of Sesame Street (sorry SS.) I've cancelled all of my pre-orders from this company and don't really care for what their starting to offer, especially, when they're getting so close and cozy to Hot Toys Inc. No thanks SSC and shame on you!

Last edited:
I am sorry! I guess that I lack the intelligence for everyone to understand me. I will from now on speak in lamens terms. Oh Brother!:chew

Back