Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While not a new POTA figure, I was able to score the Winson Apexplorers T-Rex figure. Should have him in a couple of weeks :rock Still trying to find a decent price on the first one :monkey2

297t%20rex%20accessories%2012_3x4.jpg

Can't wait to see the pics... you are going to post them in this thread aren't you? :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Hey guys at long last I've finished lineing Drac's Box. I'm still not hap[py with the color of the lining. I'm thinking of useing some white fabric paint. I'm just afraid of flakeing and of coverage. Does anyone have experience with it?

Well, the next step is to try and get the Dracula crest on the lid. Angel spoke of making decals... I think I will look into that.

Here are some shots, I wish I had a better camera and a lighting rig so I could improve onb the quality of the images.

I wish someone would make Abbott and Costello 1/6th figures to go along with my monsters who are right out of "McDougals House of Horrors"!

And why not a couple of more!

Last edited:
Hey there JJ. Awesome casket. I know what you mean regarding the material, but it still looks great. It would look great in a movie!
LondonafterMidnight1.jpg

Alright, got in the Apexplorer today and it is simply awesome! I don't have any other figures in my collection that can compete against this guy in terms of quality. The outfit and accessories are top notch and just amazingly well executed.

My only issues relate to his poseability... which there is pretty much none. I suspected that being on a HT Muscular, but this one is different and even more restrictive. However the figure still looks great.

trexa.jpg

One of the limits of the articulation is the head is reduced to a cut joint because of the design of the neck​
trexi.jpg

trexb.jpg

Some of the components of the outfit are diecast, like this chestpiece...​
trexh.jpg

And pick-axe thingy. Notice the weldmarks... very detailed items.​
trexg.jpg

A nice tattoo​
trexd.jpg

And just a lot of generally nice touches on the backpack and other items.​
trexc.jpg

trexe.jpg

trexf.jpg

And did I mention this figure is HUGE!!!
trexj.jpg

I really like this guy, g-boy, congratutations on your purchase!

There is a great attention to detail, and the size... WOW! No wonder Taylor looks so taken aback! Thanks for putting this figure next to him for scale.

Would you mind me asking how much the Apexplorers go for?

I don't think they fit in with my collection but I am curious.

Glad you like him jungle, the cheapest retail I've seen was $159 and that was from Toys2.

I got a deal on mine off eBay for $104... still a lot, but he's really worth it. The first figure (whose name is jungle) sold for about the same, but I'm having a real time trying to find it for sale right now. I think collectors have taken notice and are snapping them up.

Also, I did find out that the neck does in fact articulate. I was just moving the head which is just side to side. But their is a ball joint at the base of the neck that adds some great personality.

Jungle - I'm in agreement with you. Your casket would look best with white material. I don't know what to suggest at this point. It still looks really great, but the white would look better in STICKMANs movie.

Sticks - You're very welcome. Glad you like the ape horn.

Happy Birthday to me - today I get a little older. :monkey2

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have something great planned for you and the family tonight!!

Any one know the reason why the POTA page on Sideshow has only 3 more dfays left on the Spooktacular excitement soars!
I can't see to find it on the other pages for other lines. Could it be???????
More Apes!!!! :drool

Glad you've returned Dr. Z!!

Thanks for alerting me to the three days left note from Sideshow!

I agree... I too looked on the other lines for similar things on their pages, and found nothing.

I hope... I hope... Dare I say?... No I can't.

Very criptic, We Ape fans can only hope.

Happy, but belated, Birthday wishes from me as well!!! :chew

Any Ape-related gifts received??? :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

As for the "3 Days to Go" posting... I fear it was just the monkeys at Sideshow testing their web equipment. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

I think there is a much longer wait ahead of us. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Back