Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming soon... TV series Virdon in human attire.

Also working on plans for my own wagon and an Icarus, not to mention a whole new crew sent out on one final rescue mission.

It doesn’t add up, thunder and lightning but no rain. Cloud cover at night, that strange luminosity, yet there’s no moon. If we could just get a fix... :)

Speaking of "needing a fix." IRONMAN, When's the unveiling of Virdon in his human attire? Can we see your plans for the wagon and your Icarus? :horse

Last edited:
Any Ape fans following the goings on at the Spooktacular?

The only thing that came up that was of any interest to me was the 1/6th Creature frm the Black Lagoon. It seems that most of the things being discounted or given away as prizes really do nothing for me.

I am interested to see what new figures and licenses will be unveiled!

What I wouldn't have given for sets of shackles, lanterns and torches. :mummy

IRONMAN - I wanted you to know that the torches you want could actually be made fairly easily...

I was into superheroes when the first Spiderman movie came out because my son was really into superheroes. We picked up a game called HEROCLIX. (It's like playing chess with superpowers.) Anyways, they didn't have some of the heroes we wanted so I made them.

I transformed Hobgoblin into Green Goblin.

Changed Shadow Cat into Night Crawler

Chopped up Wasp and changed her into the fiery Phoenix complete with eagle head.

...and I made plenty more Superheros not shown here.

If you're really interested, I could talk you through it and you could make some fiery torches. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
I've been toying with the idea of taking a couple of the Sideshow gorillas, hanging them upside down on an inverted cross, with a little blood on their faces, and putting this "fake fire" on them. Make a few like that and put them infront on the Bloody Lawgiver Statue.

Oh, oh, and how about this? Taylor was burned by a firey torch also!

Last edited:
Hey! I'm almost at my 500th post! Time to have another contest giveaway!

Somewhere between post number 500 and 510, I'm going to have another CONTEST and give away something ape related. Just be the first person to correctly answer my quiz question on this thread and I'll hook you up with something special. Stay tuned in, or you'll miss out.

I'll be asking this question anytime... day or night.

Last edited:
I just love your contests Angel...

Lots better than those of the Spooktacular in my opinion, and always an ape related prize!

Tell us a litle more about how you invented fire! You must have been around for a long... Long.... LONG time!

Yes, another contest. Can't wait. Great job on those heroclix's. One of my friend's friend paints those for the company. He also helped invent the Axis & Allies board games.

Hey Angel...

I'm so excited about your contest and prize, I guess this means you've finished the Ape Wagon.

I can't wait to win and add it to my collection! Very generous of you!

(Snicker)

I just love your contests Angel...

Lots better than those of the Spooktacular in my opinion, and always an ape related prize!

Tell us a litle more about how you invented fire! You must have been around for a long... Long.... LONG time!

The Spooktacular contest isn't catching my attention this year either Jungle. So you're not alone.

By the way, what did you mean when you said, "tell us a little more about how you invented fire?" Is that an OLD joke, or just a curiosity how I actually put the "fire" on the Silver Surfer & Phoenix?

Either way, I have an answer for both. I didn't actually invent the fire... that was my wife. :rotfl

I'm sorry those HEROCLIX pictures are so blurry. My camera doesn't take very good close ups.

I made the fire on Silver Surfer & Phoenix using UV Bondo. I dripped it across the figure(s) a few thin strands at a time and exposed it to sunlight. The sunlight’s UV rays hardens it really fast! I'd put a few strands on and expose it to sunlight repeatedly. (I also used Ultraviolet Bondo on the missile head of my Doomsday Bomb and sanded it into a cone shape.)

Last edited:
Yes, another contest. Can't wait. Great job on those heroclix's. One of my friend's friend paints those for the company. He also helped invent the Axis & Allies board games.

I love playing board games with friends & family STICKS! That's always a good time for me! It would be pretty neat working for a toy company... if they allowed me to be creative!

Thanks for the pic Angel!

Better not let your wife see that fire comment, I'd edit that post quickly if I were you!

So when does the contest begin... I bet that when I win that wagon of yours the paint will still be wet!

(Snicker, Snicker, Snicker)

I've been LONG waiting to find this garage kit on Ebay... I believe it is in the 1:6 scale. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Yeah Proto... Way to go, I was planning on making that. It seems to be all on one level!!!!!!!!

These are great reference photos and quite a help to me. I've just got to make sure that it is screen accurate before I begin construction.

Yeah, I know I could just buy it, but I enjoy the whole construction process.

I was just drafting up some questions. I'm seriously considering one question from each of the five movies. There will be five (5) questions in all. Make all the ape fans scratch their heads and watch all 5 of the movies to get the correct answers.:newangel

I'm going to kick this off on Halloween. :winkpumpk I need some time to put all the pieces together. (Hopefully, I put this contest together quicker than that ape wagon that I'm still building.)

As far as a prize... I'm considering a CHOICE to the WINNER. Perhaps I'll let them choose what they want me to make for them. One (1) flag of their choice, or perhaps the ape horn, or perhaps even the tripod camera. We'll see what unfolds as I think more on this.

This is about to happen. Start watching all your ape movies! :blissy

Way way back in this thread someone said they popped off Gen. Ursus helmet and replaced it with the Hasbro helmet.

Well, I've always been bothered by the Sideshow helmet and never had the guts to "just pop off the helmet". I was afraid the whole head would come off with the it.

Last night I discovered that the Hasbro helmet with a little force (not much) actually fits over the Sideshow one, perfectly concealing it! I did have to remove the skirt though.

An easy fix without the worry of ruining the figure. It looks 100% better!

Way way back in this thread someone said they popped off Gen. Ursus helmet and replaced it with the Hasbro helmet.

Well, I've always been bothered by the Sideshow helmet and never had the guts to "just pop off the helmet". I was afraid the whole head would come off with the it.

Last night I discovered that the Hasbro helmet with a little force (not much) actually fits over the Sideshow one, perfectly concealing it! I did have to remove the skirt though.

An easy fix without the worry of ruining the figure. It looks 100% better!

Boy, it never occured me to just slip Hasbro one over the Sideshow one. Do I feel like one dumb monkey. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

The Sideshow helmet, mine anyway, did pop off as much as peeled. It is glued to the forehead of the figure (the head has a raised ridge that fits in a slot on the inner front of the helmet.) I just pulled in back enough to apply Goo Gone (or you can use ordinary lighter fluid) with a Q-Tip. Then you can slowly peel the helmet away from the head.

Of course, all of this is moot since you found an easier solution than this. :D

Also, (I know that these pictures were posted on this thread before) there is this helmet (below) that is 100% custom made for the Sideshow Ursus. It looks a tad big... but I like the overall look of it. As much as I like the Hasbro one over the Sideshow, I wish the helmet flaps weren't molded plastic. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Yeah that custom helmet is just about as close to perfection as you could possibly get, Proto.

I know what you mean about the plastic skirt of the Hasbro helmet but it is a great improvement over the look of the Sideshow model.

Yeah that custom helmet is just about as close to perfection as you could possibly get, Proto.

I know what you mean about the plastic skirt of the Hasbro helmet but it is a great improvement over the look of the Sideshow model.

Post a picture of that JJ, I'd like to see how your Ursus helmet looks now. Did you ever notice what I did to mine? Mine was also a very simple fix.

I wonder... what if your idea were combined with mine? That just might be the best!

Yeah Snick, the Alpha Omega bomb is on page 132 there is also on that page my reworking of Taylor and Nova's costumes!

Back