Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:fireworks:fireworksAPE CONTEST:fireworks:fireworks

:winkpumpk The contest will begin on October 31, 2007 at 8:30 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) This contest will not run any longer than 24 hours, unless a tiebreaker* is required.

:winkpumpk There will be five (5) questions - one question from each of the five Planet of the Ape movies.

:winkpumpk The winner will be the first person to accomplish a perfect score of 100%. Your answers are to be posted right here (at Sideshow Freaks and on this string) in order to qualify.

:winkpumpk *In the event that no one receives a score of 100% within a 24 hour period, two (2) tiebreaker questions will be given to the group of people with the next highest score. If necessary, the tiebreaker questions will be scheduled for November 3, 2007. Time to be disclosed later.

:winkpumpk As far as a prize... I'm offering a CHOICE to the WINNER. I'll let the winner choose what they want me to make for them. One (1) flag of their choice, or perhaps the ape horn, or perhaps even the tripod camera.

This is about to happen. Start watching all your ape movies! :blissy

I like the sculpts you have displayed for us. I'm afraid with my limited skill as a painter I could not do them justice.

I am pretty happy with Sideshow's Zira and Cornelius.

Do you have any of the ape council or Lucius, Zira's nephew?

:chew:chew:chew Happy Halloweeen my Ape Brethren!!! :chew:chew:chew

To celebrate , I'm offering to the first two Freak Members who PM me a $10 SDCC gift card to help with any Spooktacular purchases. :D

I would have posted this sooner but I misplaced the cards and have only today found. Hurry... Spooktacular is almost ended.... :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Thanks for the generous offer, Proto.

At the moment there is nothing that Sideshow is offering that I really wish to purchase. Hopefully someone else who regularly frequents this thread will be able to make use of your kind offer. I wish there were some apes left in Sideshow's storage facility so I could make use of the gift card.

Thanks anyway!

When I got back from SDCC, they had the Ape Enforcer (gorilla) listed in their GC eligible purchases... but when I clicked on the link, it was sold out. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Thx Angel. Personally, I think your LG is way better. If you ever want to trade lmk. I have copies and silicone molds of everything.

Pasted below are copies of the Cornelius and Zira heads from that resin kit that came out years ago. They are perfect for the 12 inch figures and give a more Escape-ish look to Cornelius. The sculptor gave me permission to do this.

SNICK - I'd be up for some trading at some point. I'm curious, where do you get your resin and silcone mold rubber from? I bought mine from Micro-Mart and it's about $70.00 for the kit. That's quite a cost huh? How much to you pay for the resin & the silcone mold rubber? Where do you get it from? PLMK

I'm getting set for your contest, Angel...

I expect difficulties since I don't own the final three movies of the set. I'll have to rely on the old (and I do mean old) memory. It's not as relyable as it was in my younger days!

Hey Angel...

If you're on the level about that free Buono casting... I've won already. REALLY!!!

I love that Buono sculpt you did. I tried to do one myself and am ashamed with the outcome.

Let me ask you a question about it though. Is it a cast of the whole Buono head or just the front of the face so it will fit over a mutant face like the Sideshow mutants?

PZ - Contest starts in an about 10 minutes...

JJ - At the moment it is just a mask, I can easily turn it into an entire bald head with a neck. Like you, I'm not ever pleased with my painting abilites.

No... No... No

Leave it a mask. I'll have to pick up another mutant. I'd rather have it as a mask than a full head. It fits in with my other two that way. I'll just have to fatten up a mutant. I'll make him drink a lot of milkshakes!

Or buy some foam rubber for padding.

Let the contest begin!

1. Planet of the Apes: After the Icarus crashes into dead lake, what date is displayed on the time meter? (month-day-year) ______________

2. Beneath the Planet of the Apes: Brent tells the Skipper that he took an earth time reading just before reentry. What year does he tell the Skipper he got? ____________

3. Escape from the Planet of the Apes: The President tells Dr. Otto Hasslein, “The precise year of which you merely infer, to be earths destruction, is recorded on the flight synthesizer as ________ … A.D. presumably.”

4. Conquest of the Planet of the Apes: Caesar arrives at Ape Management in a cage, without clothes, and in the company of three orangutans. What is the shipment number of this container from Borneo? Shipment # ________ for ____________, ex-Borneo. (fill in BOTH blanks)

5. Battle for the Planet of the Apes: How many years does Mandemus claim the armory has been his home for? _____ years.

I'm finished...

No reference material for the last three movies...(supressing a whimper)

I don't see KFOG, SNICKER, Dr. Zaius or STICKS even logged on... If you're out JJ it looks like Ironman and PZ are the only ones I can think of that might be playing. Let's see if they get it or if an outsider beats out the ape fans.

So true Angel that Buono mask makes me the grand prize winner.

Still trying with the use of the internet!

Back