Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Angel...

I'll post a shot of Ursus in his helmet in the future... The girlfriend has the camera at the moment.

What exactly did you do to make the helmet look better?

:fireworks:fireworksAPE CONTEST:fireworks:fireworks

:winkpumpk The contest will begin on October 31, 2007 at 8:30 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) This contest will not run any longer than 24 hours, unless a tiebreaker* is required.

:winkpumpk There will be five (5) questions - one question from each of the five Planet of the Ape movies.

:winkpumpk The winner will be the first person to accomplish a perfect score of 100%. Your answers are to be posted right here (at Sideshow Freaks and on this string) in order to qualify.

:winkpumpk *In the event that no one receives a score of 100% within a 24 hour period, two (2) tiebreaker questions will be given to the group of people with the next highest score. If necessary, the tiebreaker questions will be scheduled for November 3, 2007. Time to be disclosed later.

:winkpumpk As far as a prize... I'm offering a CHOICE to the WINNER. I'll let the winner choose what they want me to make for them. One (1) flag of their choice, or perhaps the ape horn, or perhaps even the tripod camera.

This is about to happen. Start watching all your ape movies! :blissy

Last edited:
Yes, thats a much better shot.

I think you may be right... A combination of my technique and yours would probably be the best solution.

I like the way my helmet is a bit larger, but I like the leather that yours has beter than the molded plastic of the Hasbro helmet

This is the General Ursus that Matt Sotis and I put together. The helmet is pretty good. The head and armor were sculpted by a friend of mine who worked for The Franklin Mint. If you guys think you can use the head I'll make some casts.

Jungle do you have a photo or know what page the Alpha Omega bomb is posted on?

Snick - I sold of all my Hasbro Figures once I saw the Sideshow figures. I didn't like the big clumsy hands of the Hasbro figures. The Hasbro figures didn't blend well (to me) with the Sideshow apes, and I had to sell all of them. I converted a Hasbro gorilla by removing all it's hair and sculpted the hair on it like a SS figure. Although it looked much better to me, it still didn't seem to blend well with the SS figures. I'm very particular and it has to be just right in my eyes. Thanks for offering, you did a good job, but I'll pass on the offer. The scale is just a little different.

Last edited:

:winkpumpk The contest will begin on October 31, 2007 at 8:30 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) This contest will not run any longer than 24 hours, unless a tiebreaker* is required.

:winkpumpk There will be five (5) questions - one question from each of the five Planet of the Ape movies.

:winkpumpk The winner will be the first person to accomplish a perfect score of 100%. Your answers are to be posted right here (at Sideshow Freaks and on this string) in order to qualify.

:winkpumpk *In the event that no one receives a score of 100% within a 24 hour period, two (2) tiebreaker questions will be given to the group of people with the next highest score. If necessary, the tiebreaker questions will be scheduled for November 3, 2007. Time to be disclosed later.

:winkpumpk As far as a prize... I'm offering a CHOICE to the WINNER. I'll let the winner choose what they want me to make for them. One (1) flag of their choice, or perhaps the ape horn, or perhaps even the tripod camera.

This is the General Ursus that Matt Sotis and I put together. The helmet is pretty good. The head and armor were sculpted by a friend of mine who worked for The Franklin Mint. If you guys think you can use the head I'll make some casts.

Absolutely!!! Let us know when its ready!!
And Angel, PLMK your plan for making flames and torches. Thanks!!

Hey... I remember that Ursus! I saw an auction for him on Ebay a few years back. Here's the pics I copied from that auction. In fact, I do believe I actively bid on him... but, alas it was not meant to be. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Like Ironman, I am interested in acquiring the head as well... is it possible to post pictures of just the head? :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

I can't take credit for the bomb or Frank those are Angel's works of art.

I did do the redo of Taylor and Nova's costumes, those pictures are on the same page as the bomb that Angel made.

You'll have to harass Angel to make another one for you!

Thanks Snick! Have you seen my "New York is a Summer Festival" poster yet?

Last edited:

In case I didn't mention it, Welcome Snicker.

I'd agree that Jom has the best outfitted slave humanoids in this thread. I'm going to have to rent some films. :monkey5

Angel, I'm going to be shooting for that camera on tripod set!!!!!!

I'm really digging the bugle.

Hi Sticks! I appreciate the disc that you sent me! I have not yet viewed it though. As far as the Ursus sculpt! That is the same one that is on Matt Sotis website. He has sold mainly mego type Apes figures for years. I have bought many Apes items from him over the past 10 + years.:monkey5

The Brent costume and poster are dead-on. Did you rework his head?

Aldo and Julius heads are 12" scale.

Angel, truely superb work on Frank and the Alpha Omega. You guys don't need Sideshow you are doing just fine by yourselves.

I apologize about getting the names screwed up. Jungle is making the base while Angel made the bomb. For now on I will use the term JANGEL. :)

No, Snick the head is the original Sideshow one

JANGEL I kind of like that name for the shop Angel and I are opening up!

Wow! This is another great sculpt Snick! Whoever is making these for you is doing a really great job! I really like this Lawgiver, your Aldo and Julius sculpts!

Back