Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Planet of the Apes: After the Icarus crashes into dead lake, what date is displayed on the time meter? (month-day-year) ___11-25-3978___________

2. Beneath the Planet of the Apes: Brent tells the Skipper that he took an earth time reading just before reentry. What year does he tell the Skipper he got? ______3955______

3. Escape from the Planet of the Apes: The President tells Dr. Otto Hasslein, “The precise year of which you merely infer, to be earths destruction, is recorded on the flight synthesizer as __3955______ … A.D. presumably.”

4. Conquest of the Planet of the Apes: Caesar arrives at Ape Management in a cage, without clothes, and in the company of three orangutans. What is the shipment number of this container from Borneo? Shipment # __507-I______ for ____Indonesia________, ex-Borneo. (fill in BOTH blanks)

5. Battle for the Planet of the Apes: How many years does Mandemus claim the armory has been his home for? ___27__ years.

:fireworksAnd we have a winner! :fireworks
:fireworksCONGRATS IRONMAN:fireworks

That took about 25 minutes... Did you have to look up each one? Did you know any of them off the top of your head?

(I wish I knew how many people actually played). Thanks to all who played... :)

Last edited:
I never gave up and was in the fray the whole time... frantically trying to read scripts on the internet a la Evelyn Wood.

I tried to get the answer for the "Battle" question first working backward. I couldn't find how many years he was in the armory.

Now I hate that movie even more than I originally did!!

I never gave up and was in the fray the whole time... frantically trying to read scripts on the internet a la Evelyn Wood.

I tried to get the answer for the "Battle" question first working backward. I couldn't find how many years he was in the armory.

Now I hate that movie even more than I originally did!!

:rotfl"Reading Scripts?" :rotfl "in a fray the whole time?" :rotfl

Keep it coming, you having me laughing out loud JJ! :lol

It's time to spring for these movies on DVD JJ. There will be another contest in the future. I'm thinking the next time it'll be more of a drawing, rather than a race. Of course you'll still have to answer a couple questions from various ape movies. :D

Last edited:
I actually did it in about 7 minutes. Knew the first 3 without looking. Took me forever to get my stupid computer to send it thru though.
Great contest Angel!!
And if anyone was contemplating that Lawgiver I have in the commerce section, there's a special running on it tonight only!!

It's a good price... but the girlfriend would kill me if I brought that thing in here! "Too BiGGGGGGGGG" she'd say.

:fireworksAnd we have a winner! :fireworks
:fireworksCONGRATS IRONMAN:fireworks

That took about 25 minutes... Did you have to look up each one? Did you know any of them off the top of your head?

(I wish I knew how many people actually played). Thanks to all who played... :)

Hey, nice job! Sorry I got in late, and have a thousand things to do. Congrats IM

I knew the first three off the top of my head. The last two I had to go to the films... only I couldn't find the Battle reference.

I knew where to look for the Conquest answer... that was easy. Seeing Roddy in a fur suit made me laugh. :rolleyes:

But when it came to Battle, I looked at the two scenes I knew Mandemus was in 1) when Ceasar and company request guns and 2) when Aldo takes them. But I didn't find the answer in those scenes.

All the while I was trying to find the answers I kept getting interupted by costumed youngsters demanding treats.

So... where is the Battle reference at?

The Battle reference is after the battle with the mutants and the guns are being put back in the armory. Last scene before the John Huston Lawgiver concludes his story.

I hate that movie... even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was when Roddy was trying to get the weapons initially

Me too. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I had forgotten about the end scene with the guns returning to the armory. But I would have thought of that last scene if I wasn't answering the door every 20 seconds. I blame these blasted trick-or-treaters for my loss!!! :emperor:emperor:emperor

Oh Man! What an easy one! I wish that I was not appeasing the masses with candy and was in this contest. Oh brotheeeeer! Congrats to IM though. Good job!:bow

IRONMAN, let me know which item you'd like for your contest prize so I can begin working on it for you. :)

The Wagon!! I want the wagon!! Oh, wait, that wasn't a choice was it?
hmmm........
Thats a tough decision. A new ape bugle for the troops? A Fat Man head/mask to add to the mutant population? Maybe opening the mouths on a few of my gorillas? That bugle is nice though. But whoi wouldn't want a Buono in the collection?
A great contest though. I don't know. You decide Angel. Surprise me.

IRONMAN are you sure you want me to surprise you? If that's the case I’ll mail you one (1) tiny ape whistle. That's sure to surprise you, especially if I put it in a really BIG box! You'd be so sad. :monkey2

Back