Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ANGEL - It's a deal. How about a big ole ape chair or the one Caesar used in Battle duiing the arena scene. Either way no rush. I'll place an order for some resin. This will take a couple weeks.

Next we'll get JOM in the action for some fancy ape threads.

KFOG - Once the resin arrives I'll peddle some ape heads.

Snick - Which one would you prefer? I'll start working on it tomorrow for you if you tell me which is your first preference.

Ironman - I'll start building your "surprize prize" for being a winner in my recent contest this weekend.

KFOG - I'll start working on a couple of ape horns. I seem to recall you and Ironman both wanting to buy one from me.

Snick and Jungle - Are you guys wanting ape horns also? If so, I'm NOT selling to you guys. [We have to trade!] That's much more fun! :)

Last edited:
ANGEL - It's a deal. How about a big ole ape chair or the one Caesar used in Battle duiing the arena scene. Either way no rush. I'll place an order for some resin. This will take a couple weeks.

Next we'll get JOM in the action for some fancy ape threads.

KFOG - Once the resin arrives I'll peddle some ape heads.

Hi Snickertown! I am not a very good painter. Will these be painted for anyone interested. Maybe Matt could help a tad!:rolleyes:

I could be persuaded into doing some work as a tailor... Taylor... Whatever...

Are you serious JUNGLE? I'll mail my NOVA to you so you can get started on her custom "JUNGLE" clothes. Taylor also wants some new duds and a blanket poncho!

What can I make for you in return for the Taylor & Nova garb? ~Angel ~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
I'm currently trying to get my wife to make the colored robes that the Mutants wore in Beneath the POTA. Wish me luck as I pursue this with her. :)

Making clothes is NOT something I do and this area of creativity is out of my control. Once she's done, and you actually see the robes, perhaps you guys might be able to make an offer to her for your own colorful robes.

Last edited:
Hey! Does "Anyone" have any custom Apes stuff to sell? I am ready for something! It has been along time since I have added anything to my collection. Jungle, Angel, Ironman?:monkey3

The only POTA related items I have left is the custom General Urko "set" I made for ebay, but it didn't sell. :monkey2
It consisted of the Urko figure, white horse, rifle and scabbard, stand, 2 collectors cards, the 1:6 poster from the TV episode "The Trap", and a CD of the old Power Records stories.
If anyone is interested in it, email me. I was thinking about trying it on ebay again anyway as I need the $. I'd rather it went to an ape from here if possible.

I really like the glyphs you made for your Cornelius, Snick! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

One of the areas that was disappointing about the Sideshow POTA line with the way the glyphs were reproduced... especially Zaius. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I had a request to post the custom Urko pix. I hope the one you wanted is here:
mycustom-Urko07.jpg

mycustom-Urko06.jpg

mycustom-Urko04.jpg

I still have others I'll look for. I can't remember which ones I used in the auction and they aren't visible any longer s that I could tell.

Hi Snickertown! I can have the heads painted by Matt, but I also know of a really good painter that I found through Red Planet toys. He just needs a reference to go by.

Hi Ironman! I was lucky enough to get the Urko pictured off of Ebay and I will tell you that it is pretty nice. Pictures do not do the sculpt justice. Thanks again!:cool:

Ironman - If you really want those torches, this is the product to use.

https://www.jamestowndistributors.c...familyName=Bondo+UV+Sun+Activated+Body+Filler

It costs $8.72 (pint size) + actual shipping + $2.50 handling fee.

I can't find this product anywhere around here. If you still want these torches, and if you want me to make them for you, you can buy this UV Bondo and have it shipped directly to me.

If you're still interested how many torches are you wanting?

If you don't want them because you've changed your mind, that's fine also. Just wanted to put it out there for you. ~Angel~ :angelsmil.

WOW!!
I would be interested in these heads:
Lawgiver head (John Huston)

Fat Man mask (Victor Buono)

Chimp head without Beret.

Virgil head

The President of the Assembly

Various gorilla heads. (Some have long hair/beards/open mouths)

Pete Burke

The Mendez bust

Little Marcus, Elta...and MAYBE Dodge
BTW, Angel, any chance we could see pix of any of these that might help folks decide what they want or perhaps which they may want first?

I'm also intriqued by Chris' glyphs and would like to vary some apes with those. I just need to win the lottery and buy a house just for the collection. :D

Angel, what is the process for making the torches with the Bondo? Is it something that takes great care and patience?

Last edited:
This is totally off the subject but looking at that photo made me think...

Why do manufacturers insist on putting curly hair on horses? It really dosen't look right

Hi Angel! I will have to mimic Ironmans request.

Virgil head

Pete Burke

The Mendez bust

Now is this the price unpainted or painted?:cool:

Hi Angel! I will have to mimic Ironmans request.

Virgil head

Pete Burke

The Mendez bust

Now is this the price unpainted or painted?

:cool:

That's a unpainted price. I really hate painting. It takes way to much time and the only ones I would even attempt to paint for other people are the gorillas. They are the easist to "fake". If I painted your gorillas head(s) I'd charge $20 each, you're on your own for the other apes and humans. I won't even conisider doing those. Bottom line: If you don't like the paint job on my gorillas don't ask me to paint yours. :)

Are you serious JUNGLE? I'll mail my NOVA to you so you can get started on her custom "JUNGLE" clothes. Taylor also wants some new duds and a blanket poncho!

What can I make for you in return for the Taylor & Nova garb? ~Angel ~ :angelsmil

Don't mail me Nova.

I am going to start on a design for her outfit that will be removable. It will have a snap behind her neck for the top and a series of snaps (like the Landon Loin cloth) for the bottom half of the costume. I'm not sure if it will work.

It seems like just rags but it is a fairly difficult thing to make removable.

I am starting to work at a new place begining tomorrow at 5am so I don't know how much time I will have to give this endevor.

Be Patient.

By the way... I'm interested in any heads from the first two films depending on how they look.

Back