Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Hello all! I have got my computer running in my new place. Did I miss anything the past week? Is anyone trying to contact me?

Angel! I would like to get some good reference for the LG. My brother received it the other day and I have yet to retrieve it at my old address:cool:. Thanks again!

I'll post some LG pictures later tonight for you and PZ.

Hey Snick...

You're Nova Outfit is finished! Done and complete! I've posted a photo here and another one next to the original Nova.

I think I have managed to top the first outfit. I hope you like it.

Now E-mail me your mailing address and the next time I'm at the post office I'll put this in the mail for you!

Damn! That's smokin' HOT Jungle! I LOVE IT! You definitely have the Midas touch with that leather! I know everyone's going to want one… I might as well start working on that other mask that you’re wanting so we can trade!

Hey Snick...

You're Nova Outfit is finished! Done and complete! I've posted a photo here and another one next to the original Nova.

Now E-mail me your mailing address and the next time I'm at the post office I'll put this in the mail for you!

That outfit is amazing! Thx for your hardwork. It looks like it fell from the screen onto a 1:6 figure. I'm very lucky to have something you made to be displayed in my collection.

Snick...

I'm so glad you like it.

And thanks again for the Luscius head. Just waiting for Angel's casting project to be completed, so he can mail it to me!

No hurry Angel.... Take your time and get that head right for the rest of the people on this thread.

Great pictures Angel! Does anyone know what type of paints to use for the sculpt?:monkey3

Hey Snick...

Soooooo, exactly who do I have to kill to get one of those?

Soooooo, exactly who do I have to kill to get one of those?

Sorry I-man, The wardrobe department is closed for the time being.

I'm afraid I'm in over my head with work and the holidays. Angel will be next in line when he comes up with the appropriate trade and I come up with some free time!

Snick... Private message received and your package is in the mail as we speak!

Sorry I-man, The wardrobe department is closed for the time being.

I'm afraid I'm in over my head with work and the holidays. Angel will be next in line when he comes up with the appropriate trade and I come up with some free time!

Snick... Private message received and your package is in the mail as we speak!

:monkey2 somedays it doesn't seem to pay to have started this thread :monkey2

Getting back to "The Omega Man" we were discussing a while back...

Someone over at OSW has created the ultimate Heston "Omega Man" figure.

Here is the link:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74288

Wow Jungle! That's a great "Omega Man" bash that guy did over at OSW. I love ALL THOSE DETAILS that were added!

For those of you who haven't checked it out, you really should!

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74288

I never heard of OSW Jungle - thanks for sharing that! ~Angel~ :angelsmil

This idea came to me last night, I don't know if it would work or if it is possible.

Would it be possible to create a Natalie Trundy, Albina mutant by using a Prophesy Girl Buffy and a Sideshow Mutant figure? I think the female figures with rooted hair have a larger head than a standard figure and they are hollow. Do you think that head could be modified into a mask to fit over the mutant male head? Now could that male head fit on the female body neck post of the Buffy figure?

The rest would be easy the blond hair would be fed through a hole in the mutant scull cap. The shoes could be reused and the robe would need to be shortened and taken in. A whole new under robe suit would have to be made since her costume did not resemble the outfits worn by the male mutants.

Do you guys think this would work?

This idea came to me last night, I don't know if it would work or if it is possible.

Would it be possible to create a Natalie Trundy, Albina mutant by using a Prophesy Girl Buffy and a Sideshow Mutant figure? I think the female figures with rooted hair have a larger head than a standard figure and they are hollow. Do you think that head could be modified into a mask to fit over the mutant male head? Now could that male head fit on the female body neck post of the Buffy figure?

The rest would be easy the blond hair would be fed through a hole in the mutant scull cap. The shoes could be reused and the robe would need to be shortened and taken in. A whole new under robe suit would have to be made since her costume did not resemble the outfits worn by the male mutants.

Do you guys think this would work?

It certainly will work Jungle. However, it won't be film accurate. If you study her clothing, Albina actually wears a light gray dress, or gown. It comes up and across her neck in a flattering kind of way. I love the necklace she also wears. Although we never see her feet (or shoes), we do see the other mutant woman as the gorillas invade the underground. The other mutant females wear both light tan and gray with high heel shoes. Just do what you think looks best and what works for you. Tastefully done, it'll still be cool!

I finally have a new 'Apes" post! My rework of Ursus! I love the figure overall, but it's always bugged me that his cuirass was too short by 1 row, front and back.Why this is has always confused me, as making it the proper length wouldn't have been all that difficult. A bit of thought provided the method to fix this; a bit of bartering with a fellow inmate offered the materials.Without further ado...
PICT0004-1.jpg

the armor, with extra pieces...
PICT0005.jpg

The altered back. My technique is simply to cut the bottom off the 'base' piece, cut the extra 1 row higher, then CAREFULLY attach the longer bottom piece with flexible cyanno-acrylate(better known as Super-Glue)..,
PICT0015-1.jpg
PICT0016-1.jpg

Front and back views;the difference is surprisingly noticeable...
PICT0017-1.jpg
PICT0018.jpg

Side details, and a closer shot of that mug.I have to thank Angelofmusic2112 for being a true hobbyist-packrat(never throw away anything!) and being willing to part with some of that accumulated booty...PS

I finally have a new 'Apes" post! My rework of Ursus! I love the figure overall, but it's always bugged me that his cuirass was too short by 1 row, front and back.Why this is has always confused me, as making it the proper length wouldn't have been all that difficult. A bit of thought provided the method to fix this; a bit of bartering with a fellow inmate offered the materials.Without further ado...
PICT0004-1.jpg

the armor, with extra pieces...
PICT0005.jpg

The altered back. My technique is simply to cut the bottom off the 'base' piece, cut the extra 1 row higher, then CAREFULLY attach the longer bottom piece with flexible cyanno-acrylate(better known as Super-Glue)..,
PICT0015-1.jpg
PICT0016-1.jpg

Front and back views;the difference is surprisingly noticeable...
PICT0017-1.jpg
PICT0018.jpg

Side details, and a closer shot of that mug.I have to thank Angelofmusic2112 for being a true hobbyist-packrat(never throw away anything!) and being willing to part with some of that accumulated booty...PS

That looks great waxmurderer! What a clever idea you had in doing this. I’m going to give that a try someday! Thanks for sharing this with everyone here! I applaud your creativity! GO APES!

Last edited:
Hey there Ape Freaks. Wow, so much going on in here it's great to stop in and read. That Omega Man figure pages back looks awesome. Wax murderer your alteration is very cool. Angel, I can't wait to see those photos, you sure have been busy. I'm very happy for you guys. Till next time...

Back