Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironman - Ape loving from Sideshow? If you want something new and ape related, it'll have to be made by the fans. I don't see SS making anything else ape related. [If they do, boy will I be suprized!] Just because SS happened to include some old ape figures in their new catalog, I wouldn't say they are putting out any love for our apes.

Like I said, "Trying to get into the spirit of things and all :santa"
Afterall, they could have excluded the apes completely like they did with Highlander.
Besides, the fan made stuff isn't so easy to ones' hands on either. :D

Afterall, they could have excluded the apes completely like they did with Highlander.
Besides, the fan made stuff isn't so easy to get ones' hands on either. :D

Ironman -How can you say that? I think it's very easy to get your hands on the fan made ape stuff. [i.e. what do you want and what are you willing to pay or trade?] If Sideshow came out with something that was ape related, people would find a way and pay for that. Right?

The only thing left to do with Nova is to find a chain for the dogtags that is in scale.

Speaking of those dogtags... where were they when Taylor was fighting for his identity in the original film. Instead of grabbing Zira's note pad he should have simply handed her his dogtags. :rolleyes:

But I do love these films... plot holes and all. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

I have been hunting for the last 3 hours; searching the Internet for the 21st Century set featuring the Smith & Wesson SW Model 76 submachine gun. I have also heard that 21st Century made a Seal NAM weapons set with this weapon.

Have any of you guys ever seen this particular weapon? I want it for my custom Robert Neville. I’m all fired up, as this has always been one of my favorite movies!

Last edited:
OMG! I can't stop looking at that damn Nova figure. If you glue down Nova's hair it makes the head sculpt 10 times better. Plus, JOM's outfit is perfect.

The only thing left to do with Nova is to find a chain for the dogtags that is in scale.

The pix will be posted tomorrow morning. I ape-ol-ogize for the delay. Once again I had car issues. Insert the icon for crying like a lil' biz-natch. Poor me. I sat at home and worked on the figures. :lol

JOM and ANG - Daggnabit, where were you guys 7 years ago?

You glued Nova's hair down?

I simply tied a loose loop of brown thread around her hair at the neck to keep her hair from being wild.

And 7 years ago I think I was still futzing with my Hasbro apes... Not knowing Sideshow was going to get the Ape License.

Hey Angel... I hope you are planning the Heston "Omega Man" to be dressed in the outfit shown in the photos you posted.

I love those sunglasses and outfit from the start of the film as he rides around a desolate and empty LA.

And PLEASE make an Anthony Zerbe mutant Zombie/Vampire to go along with him.

Good luck!

Hey Angel... I hope you are planning the Heston "Omega Man" to be dressed in the outfit shown in the photos you posted.

I love those sunglasses and outfit from the start of the film as he rides around a desolate and empty LA.

And PLEASE make an Anthony Zerbe mutant Zombie/Vampire to go along with him.

Good luck!

You have me all figured out JJ. That's exactly what's going to happen! I love the intro, from the minute CH turns the music on in his car. Perhaps I'll make the bust of Caesar wearing his hat and/or the chess board, or perhaps the giant sculpture that he dies under. It's all in the works... Thanks for asking. :)

Last edited:
That's the same gun that Caesar uses in Battle. Mine came from a pack of guns I bought years ago. I'll check tonight to see if I still have the package. I recall it being expensive.

I got news for you Snick - That is NOT the gun Caesar uses in BATTLE POTA. Just take a look at the barrel on that weapon and then watch the movie. The submachine gun that your Caesar is holding is very cool, however, it's not the right one. I'm not joking, you got it wrong buddy. What can we trade for that? You need to make it right!

Last edited:
Snick...

It is an honer to see the Nova outfit so nicely displayed by you in your collection! Where is Heston as Taylor? It would be great to see him displayed next to Nova with the gorilla towering above them, recreating that famous publicity photo where they are both wearing leachs.

Thanks so much for posting the photo. It's nice to see my work shown off so well.

Last edited:
Attached are the photos that I've been promising all week. You can see ANG's chair, Milo in the spacesuit and an overall (blurry) picture of the entire collection.

The Chimp/chump in the Caesar box is actually Cornelius. I need more display boxes.

If you guys could only see the Hunt Leader! It will take a while but the wait will be worth it.

Snick, the back of the chair looks rocklike. However, the front of the chair still looks like gray clay. Get your brushes out again and get back to it some more. You need to think ROCK, ROCK, ROCK. :)

I have been hunting for the last 3 hours; searching the Internet for the 21st Century set featuring the Smith & Wesson SW Model 76 submachine gun. I have also heard that 21st Century made a Seal NAM weapons set with this weapon.

Have any of you guys ever seen this particular weapon? I want it for my custom Robert Neville. I’m all fired up, as this has always been one of my favorite movies!

Nice looking pictures there Angel!:chew

That's the same gun that Caesar uses in Battle. Mine came from a pack of guns I bought years ago. I'll check tonight to see if I still have the package. I recall it being expensive.

Snick - I'm going to cast a canteen just like this in resin. Then it'll look real after being painted. (The plastic canteens I have don't take paint well and are always tacky.)

I think that green plastic canteen of yours, looks really cheap and takes away from this awesome figure. He's Caesar! He deserves much better than that.

Boy, your little Marcus turned out VERY well. (Anakin, we hardly knew ye :lol) He's simply amazing! That's quite a handsome family of gorillas you have there. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Seeing those pictures got me thinking... are there any female apes in either the movie or TV series that wasn't a chimp? Any She-Gorillas or She-Orangutans? Perhaps in a crowd scene in Conquest... or in an obscure TV episode. For the life of me I can't remember. :eek:

Or are female chimps "the only girls in town"? :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Boy, your little Marcus turned out VERY well. (Anakin, we hardly knew ye :lol) He's simply amazing! That's quite a handsome family of gorillas you have there. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Seeing those pictures got me thinking... are there any female apes in either the movie or TV series that wasn't a chimp? Any She-Gorillas or She-Orangutans? Perhaps in a crowd scene in Conquest... or in an obscure TV episode. For the life of me I can't remember. :eek:

Or are female chimps "the only girls in town"? :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Thanks much PZ, I appreciate that. He's definitely a unique little ape in the world of 1/6 scale. That makes him not only special, but also really cool to me. I'll have to try doing Caesar's son, Cornelius someday.

The only others female apes that we actually see are in CONQUEST. I think it was Zelda, a female orangutan, that gets scolded in a beauty salon when she retrieves the wrong book from the bookshelf.

Last edited:
SNICK - Caesar, Virgil and McDonald actually use this type of submachine gun in the city which is forbidden. Notice the narrow gun barrel as opposed to the one you have.

Thx for the pix! Those barrels are different. That's an easy fix, which is, good because that gun wasn't cheap.

I'll print out these photos and get working.

Thx for the pix! Those barrels are different. That's an easy fix, which is, good because that gun wasn't cheap.

I'll print out these photos and get working.

NO SNICK NO! You really need to trade me for that gun! Don't change it! Here's a thought. Cast it, then modify the resin one. You're going to need 3 submachine guns with narrow gun barrels anyways...right?

Last edited:
Back