Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice work, Angel. Your attention to detail is the key to your success!

Nice start on the Mutant Robe. I can't wait until you put those metal pieces on.

Snick - When are you going to post some pics of the BATTLE chair. I'd like to check it out. Did you seal it in a MATTE finish?

I'll probably post mine tomorrow night. It's always cool to see the subtle differences.

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0015-1.jpg
PICT0016-1.jpg

PICT0017-1.jpg
PICT0018.jpg

Great work with Ursus, Wax! I purchased an extra Ursus to do the very thing you have done... I just haven't been "gorilla" enough to try it as of yet. That why I had the extra gorilla boots Angel. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

And Angel, thanks for posting the pics of the Lawgiver. As it looks in the pics, he had the same coat as Dr. Zaius. I had somehow forgotten that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes. I used a Flat Matte Finish. I'm thinking we should stay away from a varnish. I'll get some pix posted in the next couple days. I apologize for the delay.

I used a Matte Finish as well. But yet it shines a bit much for me. I may try another brand of matte finish. Whatever I used on my horses was perfect.

I hope to post pictures of some more finished items tonight. Amongst them will be Elta, Little Marcus and the Battle Chair.

Where's everyone been? (KFog, Ironman and Sticks are all MIA.)

I just received the Sideshow catalog #10 (the Ape two page spread is GREAT! :D) and with it I also received the Sideshow Wall Calendar. Very nice.

I like the inclusion of release dates for films they have products for... sprinkled through the calendar. They even included the original Planet of the Apes. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

But they list it with the wrong release date. It was released on February 8, 1968. However, Sideshow has it opening on April 3rd... which so happens to be MY birthday. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

What are the odds? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Was it a Flat finish?

Snick - Neither can says flat, just matte. One of these 2 cans sprays Flat as I have a flat finish on my horses. It's just a matter of different manufactures with different products. Guess I'll zap it with the other can. Easy enough.

Denise is now beyond the first prototype and just finished her first ceremonial robe. Ongaro will be getting the yellow robe for Christmas! Nice.

Here are those catalog pics:
img1111eb2.jpg

img1110tg2.jpg
img1112hl6.jpg

Sure there are some notable omissions... namely the Slave Taylor and Nova two pack and the Lawgiver statue (either version) but a nice spread never the less. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

The really nice thing about this spread is the diorama that the Beneath figures are posed in. Any chance that Sideshow will be offering this dio any time soon. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Here are some detailed photos of said dio:

img1117ck8.jpg

img1116hf7.jpg

img1118dt9.jpg

Snick...

I'm glad the Nova costume arrived safely! I almost blushed while reading your gushing review. I'm so glad you like it so much.

As far as charging money for it... Forget about it, you guys are friends. I'll only deal in trades when the time comes and I find a little time. It is so scarce now, I barely have time to breathe. It's very strange, while at work I have a lot of down time but really can't get involved with sewing there. Once out of work and at home... I'm preparing for work and sleeping. So for the time being as I told I-man, the wardrobe department is temporarily closed.

Angel will be next in line followed by I-man.

Thanks again for the kind words, Snick. I'm glad you're thrilled with it.

Hey Angel...

So your wife's name is Denise. My better half is Denize with a Z!

Except, I'm the one doing the sewing in this household!

Very nice to see some ape love coming from Sideshow. Now if there was only something new to brag about.....

Ironman - Ape loving from Sideshow? If you want something new and ape related, it'll have to be made by the fans. I don't see SS making anything else ape related. [If they do, boy will I be suprized!] Just because SS happened to include some old ape figures in their new catalog, I wouldn't say they are putting out any love for our apes.

Jungle - My casting supplies arrived yesterday. I'll be making the rubber mold for Lucius. Lucius will be mailed to you before the week is over, along with that other thing you wanted.

I'll try to post some more new ape projects today or tomorrow. I really love the way Little Marcus came out. I just may try making another child ape in the near future.

Last edited:
Thanks Angel... Again, no hurry! I don't know when I'll find the time to paint it and work on getting a body for that head.

Back