Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. Put me down for a canteen if you mold/cast them. If anything I can offset the costs.

The gorilla family looks great! Excellent job.

Thx for showing off your Battle chair. You have shown me what went wrong with mine and how to fix it. What a great site. It's like a lesson in making apes.

Thanks SNICK, I appreciate the positive feedback. They're a very happy gorilla family. By the way, Jungle and I will tell you what we know. We want to see you, and everyone else, making neat ape stuff.

Last edited:
The thread is a good idea but don't think it would work for me but silver thread might be a good substitute for the dogtag necklace.

SNICK - If one thin strand of silver thread doesn't work, perhaps you can braid 3 strands of the silver thread together (to have it just a little bit thicker)...thus resembling a thin chain for the dogtags.

Thanks SNICK, I appreciate the positive feedback. They're a very happy gorilla family. By the way, Jungle and I will tell you what we know. We want to see you, and everyone else, making neat ape stuff.

I'll always tell you what I think and know...

And speaking of that, I love everything you've done thus far, all of it mind blowing! But...

Angel, that female gorilla, there is something wrong she has white hands, her hands don't match the skin color of her face.

And one more thing, if I may, Little Marcus's duds are a bit too vibrant of a purple in your pictures. Is it more subdued in real life?

All in all this has been a productive and active day here at I-man's "Save the Planet". All you guys rock! I go to work for nine hours and all creative hell breaks loose!

SNICK - If one thin strand of silver thread doesn't work, perhaps you can braid 3 strands of the silver thread together (to have it just a little bit thicker)...thus resembling a thin chain for the dogtags.

Snick... Maybe try silver thread and the smallest silver beads you can find.

I'll always tell you what I think and know...

And speaking of that, I love everything you've done thus far, all of it mind blowing! But...

Angel, that female gorilla, there is something wrong she has white hands, her hands don't match the skin color of her face.

And one more thing, if I may, Little Marcus's duds are a bit too vibrant of a purple in your pictures. Is it more subdued in real life?

All in all this has been a productive and active day here at I-man's "Save the Planet". All you guys rock! I go to work for nine hours and all creative hell breaks loose!

The colors on Marcus are much more subdued in real life. (I used that picture of Little Marcus sitting on the lap of the Soldier gorilla for reference, not the movie.) The flash does brighten his clothes up an awful lot. His shoes and clothings match perfectly, yet the flash and camera don't see it that way.

As far as Elta's hands. Those hands were taken from Zira. I haven't tried painting them yet. Sometimes painting the rubber hands makes for tacky (sticky) hands. I guess rubber and paint don't really jive all that well. I guess I could cast her hands and then paint the white resin to look like gorilla hands.

Last edited:
BTW, your Ceasar gun is wrong too. What we both need is a Danish Madsen M50 and if we're going to nitpick we need a new Caesar head.

I'm thinking about getting a gun for my Caesar figure. Is this Danish Madseon M50 available in 1/6 scale or is Angel's the closest we are going to get?

Currently, my Caesar is both unarmed AND thirsty. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

... I miss Sticks and his wonderful photography.

Hang in there Pal! We're all with ya!

Here is a link to someone who is doing some Mego Ape costumes.

https://itchingtobeknitting.blogspot.com/

If you go to November... I think she hijacked Angel's Baby Milo!

Whew! Zira’s baby wasn't high jacked after all! That lady did a good job customizing those ESCAPE clothes for Zira Jungle Jom. However, her red cloak, it's way too thick and bulky.

STICKS, where are you? Sit down and do some therapy at the computer! Talk to us buddy!

Last edited:
Back