Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Angel...

I can't wait to see the "New York Is A Summer Festival" Poster!

My hope is that it turned out better than mine(Although I think mine was a Home Run... Maybe yours was a Grand Slam!)

I'm almost done with it Jungle. I just finished the melted frame on my poster. The next step is dry brushing the frame with the black, gray and white paint. My plastic looks much different than yours. I’m not sure if I like it or not.

Your poster was a grand slam! I can only hope that mine is going to look as good as yours. If it doesn't come out that good, I'll be tweaking it until it does.

Hey Angel...

The poster came out just great! The frame is almost identical to the one I made, I see you used the exact same technique on it as I did. The only difference I can see is that the frame is a bit thicker than the one on mine.

It took me a long time to settle on the exact type of plastic to use and I went through a lot of experimentation on it. Your use of the Sideshow window box was quite resourceful and ingenious!

Your right yours is no better or worse than mine, but there are differences. I like the way you warped the plastic, I tried that technique also but it didn't work well since I used three layers of plastic on mine. From your shots it looks like you used only one. Did you paint the burn marks on the plastic? or is that the result of melting it with the candle.

How did you get the melted look on the frame? I used wood putty.

No Angel I had to work today at 5:30 in the morning. The rest of my Sundays are usually spent in a sleep deprived daze or napping. I will be having two Sundays off in Feb. though.

I was looking at the Yahoo apes board and they were talking about uncredited actors and it got me to thinking about what happened to Dodge, Landon and Stewart. I haven't delved into it too far so I can't say much for Dodge or Landon but our lovely Lt. Stewart (Dianne Stanley) is very much alive she didn't die in her sleep from an air leak. Here is a link:

https://homeswithdianne.com/

And photos!

Hey Jessica...

I have six snaps left over from a Nova outfit I made if you're still looking for them let me know! I'll send them to you. They are the same size as Sideshows. If you need more I know a store here in NYC that sells them. It's three blocks from where I live. I'm going to e-mail you my address so you can send me that inner sleeve fabric.

JJ - That link you provided doesn't work for me...

Assuming Dianne Stanley (Lt Stewart) was 20 years old in POTA that would make her at least 58 years old in my book. When was that color picture taken of Dianne Stanley? I cannot believe that it is her unless that photo was taken in the in the 60's, 70's, or 80's. Yes - she does have a likeness to that of the lovely Lt. Stewart, but she is WAY young for the photo to be accurate.

Sorry Angel, I fixed that link now.

Please try it again... I think it is her! I'm not saying the photo wasn't taken a few years ago and it was probably retouched. Linda Harrison is 62 and she looks great and they are probably about the same age.

We'll have an answer soon someone on the Yahoo Ape board said he was going to E-mail her to get a definitive answer on this.

Last edited:
Collector Freak, it would be exciting if they revive the POTA series. I don't think they made enough of the characters. I definitely would be buying some more.

Jungle, I would love those snaps if you really don't have any use for them.

Jungle, I saw that link--it was pretty cool. I think it's her, even though she seems to look very young. A lot of real estate agents use very blurred glamour photographs of themselves that aren't very up-to-date--know that from first-hand experience. We were shocked to finally meet our real estate agent in person.

It was not the Dianne Stanely from the movie:

-----Original Message-----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:03 am
Subject: RE: Question

No, not at all me. Real Estate is my business. Would be glad to help
you with any real estate needs!

Dianne Stanley
Hometown Realty
Cell 804-513-2832
Office 804-752-7585 ext. 19
[email protected]
websitewww.homeswithDianne.com

Oh by the way... I'm never too busy for your referrals.

Sent: Sun 12/30/2007 7:37 PM
To: Dianne Stanley
Subject: Question

Dear Ms. Stanley,

Please excuse this interruption of your business, but I was wondering
if you are the same Dianne Stanley who was an actress in the sixties?

Sincerely,
Rory Monteith

Collector Freak, it would be exciting if they revive the POTA series. I don't think they made enough of the characters. I definitely would be buying some more.

Jess, you are new around here... and are unfamiliar with CF's antics. :rolleyes:

Please, pay him no mind. :lol :rotfl :lol

By the way, I've been looking for the proper fabric for the inner sleeve as well. Looks like you nailed it. :D

Back