Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ape collectors here definitely have some beautiful work that would look awesome in a collector's card!!

That looks nice and all...

Now please put him back in the other jacket I like that look much much more!

Two Omega Men? Very cool!

About those jewels...

After seeing the stills, I think you got them just about right. Not having them attached to the costume throws off the look. Also on Mendez they seem to be clustered closer together and do not run down the front as much as yours. I think it will be an easy fix to correct that.

Here's something interesting:
https://www.megomuseum.com/pota/index.html
Click on each figure's name on the left and a "collector's card" is shown.
Maybe we should try this with the Sideshow's and the customs!

Thanks for posting the link, Ironman! Amazing stuff!!!

I would love to see this level of creativity with graphs given to the Sideshow Ape line as well. Maybe some cool wallpapers. :D

Too bad Maulfan doesn't collect the POTA line. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Thanks for posting the link, Ironman! Amazing stuff!!!

I would love to see this level of creativity with graphs given to the Sideshow Ape line as well. Maybe some cool wallpapers. :D

Too bad Maulfan doesn't collect the POTA line. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I have put it on my "to do" list. However, if someone else gets to it first I won't be overly upset. :monkey5

Jess...

The six remaining snaps will be included in the letter I am sending off tomorrow. I hope they will be included in an Ape related project!

Jungle, I got the package--thank you. I'm going to be using the snaps for General Ursus' outfit. I will post photos when I'm done. I hope you got your package, too. I gave the envelope to my sister when we went out to lunch on 12/31...and she said she forgot to place it in the mail. Sorry about that--it didn't get into the postal system until January 2.

Jess...

No package yet, probably on Monday. Hey, I can wait. I don't know when I'll find the time to replace the sleeves as it is. I'm working a double shift Tuesday through Thursday this week as well as working Monday, Friday and Sunday. Yes, I don't know how I do it either but I'm about to find out!

Nice to hear the snaps will be part of the Generals outfit! If you need more I know where to find them.

Kfog – You’re welcome, have you picked up your paints yet?

Ironman - I received the e-mail concerning those figures, but I’m going to pass on the idea of more figures for now. I’ve already got way to many figures and too projects going on right now. I could just kick myself, I haven’t even started the Statue of Liberty or the other two orangutan head sculpts yet. Beyond that stuff, I’m still plugging away on the trial scene and the ape wagon.

ProtoZaius - Speaking of packages not yet mailed, Denise forgot to mail your package. She say’s she’ll do it tomorrow.

Jungle Jom – Are you going to be sending those heads back to me or did you decide to tackle the eyes?

Sticks: Where are you???

Oh those heads will be making the return trip back to you alright! I'm just too intimidated by those eyes.

When they will be making the return trip I can't say. Things have gotten even busier with work. I thought things would slow down after the holidays. No such luck. As I told Jess... Three double shifts next week Tues, Wed, Thurs, plus regular shifts Mon, Fri, and Sunday and Sat I have to catch up on errands and things that make up real life.

I'll give you a heads up when I can get to the post office.

KFog - Just stumbled across this to help you with your painting techniques...

It also talks about some others interesting things as well. Check it out.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13801&highlight=apes

Angel, I could not view the photos on page 8--maybe they removed them? I am about to try painting myself, so finding this treasure trove is excellent for a newbie like me.

Jungle, those hours you posted do not sound healthy at all...

Jess.

Greetings and Happy New Year, fellow Ape-o-philes!
Thought I'd start the new year off with a couple of new desktops of some great Sideshow Apes!

2174263970_563e033e3c_o.jpg

2173475761_204f80d4a9_o.jpg

Here's to '08 being an ape-o-naut kind of year!

Angel, I could not view the photos on page 8--maybe they removed them? I am about to try painting myself, so finding this treasure trove is excellent for a newbie like me.

Jungle, those hours you posted do not sound healthy at all...

Jess.

Jess - I can't view those either for some reason... do pictures EXPIRE if they're old?

Last edited:
Those are some really nice shots Jedibear! They remind me of the work Sticks has done in the past! I'm looking forward to his return.

I have put it on my "to do" list. However, if someone else gets to it first I won't be overly upset. :monkey5

What exactly are you working on Ironman? I can't remember seeing anything you've been working on with the exception of your Omega Man. And that was a very long time ago. It seems as though many people say they have a list, but never seem to move forward with the items on the list. Others say they wish they had this figure or that figure, yet they do nothing about it.

It seems to me that anyone can wish for something and anyone [and everyone] can have a list. But if you don't act on those, you really have nothing.

I'm very curious. I would like to know what items are on your "to do" list. We all know that the ape cards are on your list now. We also now about the Icarrus you're planning to build, and your ape wagon, and your doomsday bomb. Are you making any headway on any of these projects or are they just on the wish list?

I have an actual list on my computer of around 50 ape related items. I try to cross off at least one per week. If I didn't do that, nothing would ever get done with me. If anyone is interested in seeing my "to do" list, just ask.

What's on your list?

I know Jessica has a list, I’ve seen it.

Back