Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mark. I will know by the end of this month if I will keep my job or not. I am in survivor mode for now. I need to know that I have job security before I can really enjoy my hobby. I will also need to get back into a house. This hobby needs some room and I like to lay my collectibles out and then get going on them.:cool:

Oh man, that completely slipped my mind Kent. I hope that you continue to be employeed.

You are right , feedback is always a great motivator. That is why I always try to say something even if it isn't positive. I'll always try to see if there are ways to improve something. That suggestion I made on how to improve the Buono mutant mask really helped you make it that much more accurate.

Jess - Are you making a rifle for your Mego or Sideshow figures? I'm guessing Mego huh? Those Mego rifles aren't even close to the ones actually used. You can use the Mego rifles when you make the outfits from Conquest though.

Angel, I'm currently working on a Mego Ursus costume, so for that I am going to make a pistol and I will use a photo from Simianarms.com for reference.

When I make my rifle, it will be for the sideshow gorilla.

Jess.

I have seen all the lists posted--wow. Lots of stuff to do. Looks like 2008 is going to be a great year.

Hey Guys, I'm finally back!!!

Happy New Year Everyone.

Welcome to the board Jessica.

Jom, Angel, PZ, Ironman, and Dr. Z, I sure missed you guys. I can't wait to catch up.

I know I promised some new photos so here you go. I think it's time I get a new camera. Nothing special here just my apes on a bookcase. I wasn't able to do any real fancy work so there really isn't any 3 point lighting scheme. Enjoy!

Apes_livingroom_1_9_08_58.jpg
Apes_livingroom_1_9_08_52.jpg

Apes_livingroom_1_9_08_17.jpg
Apes_livingroom_1_9_08_20.jpg

Apes_livingroom_1_9_08_32.jpg
Apes_livingroom_1_9_08_36.jpg

Apes_livingroom_1_9_08_23.jpg
Apes_livingroom_1_9_08_45.jpg

Apes_livingroom_1_9_08_55.jpg
Apes_livingroom_1_9_08_2.jpg

Hey Angel, thanks again for the props. I love the flags, bugle, and Man Catcher!

Glad to see you posting again, Sticks... I hope everything is going well for you. :D

Stunning photos as usual. I especially like the one with gorillas holding the flags and Lawgiver in the background. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

And, hey... I had that Star Wars belt buckle! Once. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Welcome back, Stick. Hopefully 2008 will be the year to get this thread back on track and fully active. January is already chock full of setbacks but I'm trying to look past them and not let them get to me. With a little luck everyone will be producing POTA items in record numbers!!

Thanks for the welcome, Stickman.

Can I ask you question? That Ursus closeup you have--did you make that hat?

Jessica.

Thanks a bunch fellas. 2008 is already looking up for me, I hope it continues.

I'm very glad that you guys enjoyed the photos. :chew Hopefully I can do more soon.

Jessica, I'm glad you like Ursus' helmet. I altered the original by adding some black Gaff Tape. That's it. :lol His helmet does look a lot better when the flaps are elongated.

Angel, those mutant robes like excellent. Tell your wife she did a wonderful job.

Oh, and PZ, I also had that buckle when I was younger. My brother gave it to me for Christmas.

Last edited:
Sticks – Welcome back! It’s great having you back here once again. You’ve been missed.

Love the photos buddy. Great stuff, as usual. That red background in your photos really makes the background "pop" You should fix those ape flags up with some black thread as I told you long ago. I like mine much better now. I also see that Brent has the high quality dog chains that Snickertown was wanting to get for his revamped Nova.

Great having you back! :)

Jess – Why not just use the Sideshow rifle? :confused:

You don’t like that rifle that came with the Gorilla? I think SS did a great job with the details on it. I did change the color on all of my ape rifles so that they looked more like wood, but I love the details.

Where is Jungle? We can't have a party without Jim.

Angel, do you still have that ape camera and tripod? I got some good news today from my lawyer, and I'm looking to Ape it up a little! :monkey5

Thanks a bunch Angel, it's great to be back. I guess I missed the black thread comment. What should I do?

Brents dog tag chain is the very one that SideShow issued. I think they look smaller with the bending of light. I agree, the chain is too bulky.

How have you been? I saw that list you composed. That's a pretty long list my friend!

I looked at the post IM put out regarding the Mego figs. The one with Dr.Z has an awesome looking backdrop. An ape city look to it. I also love the low angled light giving the sinister look on those gorillas.

wow, I was writing a reply and got kicked from the thread. :confused:

I just looked at both Crony and Zira and the are opposite. Should they be the same. I may have to send mine out to one of our fine tailors in the Group. Maybe Kfog, Jom, or Jessica?:monkey3

Angel, Is that Camera and Tripod still available? I got some good news today, so I can get back to Aping Around!

Something weird is going on here. Every time I reply I get booted backed seveal pages and my reply is gone. Here goes my third try. :confused:

I just looked at both Cornelius and Zira and their glyphs are opposite. Should they be the same. I may have to send mine out to one of our fine tailors in the Group. Maybe Kfog, Jom, or Jessica?:monkey3

Angel, Is that Camera and Tripod still available? I got some good news today, so I can get back to Aping Around!

Oh man, that completely slipped my mind Kent. I hope that you continue to be employeed.

That's o'kay! I am still gaining experience with every day worked there. They are going to change our titles to quality assurance. If I could just hold on for another year or two, it would change my employment status.:cool:

Hey Stickman, welcome back. What am I, chopped liver? Take care dude, Kent.:rotfl

Something weird is going on here. Every time I reply I get booted backed seveal pages and my reply is gone. Here goes my third try. :confused:

I just looked at both Cornelius and Zira and their glyphs are opposite. Should they be the same. I may have to send mine out to one of our fine tailors in the Group. Maybe Kfog, Jom, or Jessica?:monkey3

I hope this doesn't duplicate 100 times. What is going on, Is this Lag?

Something WEIRD is going on here! This should post on PAGE 362/363, but it's posting several pages before that.

Yes - I've still got that tripod & camera for you.

I never paid that much attention Sticks...

Jessica says the emblem on Ziras shirt is upside down also.

I hope this doesn't duplicate 100 times. What is going on, Is this Lag?

Holy Smokes, I forgot Kfog!!

I apologize. No by all means, you are part of the Ape Order.

Kfog, during my down time i finished Dee Browns "Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee, and Stephen Ambrose' "Crazy Horse and Custer" all the time thinking of Pre Civil War, Mexican War. You said you sold all your uniforms?

I hope you're able to hold your job down Kent.

Last edited:
Back