Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the ground is safe again. Our ship was jolted by a mighty server surge that sent many of my posts far into the past. Wow, I feel sea sick, but I will manage.

It's good to be back Jom!

Now to see if my co-pilot Angel and first officer Jessica are still with us. The hatch was blown on the first impact and we lost cabin pressure. Oxygen levels have evened out. Blood pressure is returning to normal.

Has the server been doing this lately?

This is the first time I've seen anything like this before.

I felt like I was having a bad trip...

and I don't even travel!

This is the first time I've seen anything like this before.

I felt like I was having a bad trip...

and I don't even travel!

I don't know how long your ride lasted but mine was well over a half hour. Angel was telling me about Zira's glyph being upside down, and then it all happened. Jom I posted some photos a couple of pages back, nothing spectacular but it's always nice to see Apes on display.

I think we need to rally up that army again and ask SS what the deal is with the Ape news they posted many months ago.

It looks like we lost, kfog, Angel, Jess, PZ and IM for the night.

Sorry guys. I was busy tucking my boys in bed, the phone rang, and then I got caught up with General Ursus. I know I still have to weather down the saddle bags, but my focus was on his costume.

Ursus_011.jpg

My gorilla soldier never came with a rifle --just the noose on a stick.

And, yes, my Zira pocket has an upside down glyph. Actually, I have two Ziras, and the glyphs on the pockets are sewn upside down.

Regarding Elta posted sometime back--was this outfit dyed? Or was it sewn from scratch?

Angel--I like the black thread around the pink flags. They add a nice touch.

I missed the flurry of activity in such a short span of time!

Jess.

Last edited:
I wish SNICKERTOWN was with us... I think he left us. He hasn't posted in about 3-4 weeks.

I think it started when I questioned him about his constant referring to Sideshow as "Slimeshow". Sure there were mistakes made with their POTA line, but I believe Sideshow's heart was in the right place. Talking with Mat Falls over the past few SDCCs, I know the POTA line was a labor of love for him. As long as Mat is with Sideshow, POTA will always have an Ape advocate there. :D

I guess... overall, I just thought the company deserved more respect than being called "Slimeshow".

He didn't and went on a tirade with Angel and deleted most of his posts.

And I was looking forward to getting those raised chimp glyphs from him too. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Sounds to me you scored an Ape Marauder instead of an Ape Enforcer. :D

Sideshow had two versions of their Gorilla soldier. One was the Ape Enforcer, which came with a gun and club and was limited to 4,000 pieces. The other was a Sideshow Website Exclusive of the Ape Marauder, which came with a whistle and "mancatcher" and was limited to only 500 pieces.

Hope this helps. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Sorry guys. I was busy tucking my boys in bed, the phone rang, and then I got caught up with General Ursus. I know I still have to weather down the saddle bags, but my focus was on his costume.

Ursus_011.jpg

Regarding Elta posted sometime back--was this outfit dyed? Or was it sewn from scratch?

The Elta outfit was dyed Jess. I didn't sew it from scratch. I think I have several extra ape rifles from Sideshow. If you're willing to pay for the shipping of one, I'll send you one. I'll check into that. In the meantime, let me know if you want one.

Sounds to me you scored an Ape Marauder instead of an Ape Enforcer. :D

Sideshow had two versions of their Gorilla soldier. One was the Ape Enforcer, which came with a gun and club and was limited to 4,000 pieces. The other was a Sideshow Website Exclusive of the Ape Marauder, which came with a whistle and "mancatcher" and was limited to only 500 pieces.

Hope this helps. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Yes, I think it's the marauder that I have. It's a bummer that I was not aware of any of these beautiful sideshow dolls when they first came out! Anyway, I'm glad I have some. I think my Cornelius needs some tightening of his joints because he can't stand well but other than that, the apes they have are outstanding. The only thing that bugs me is General Ursus' hat on the sideshows.

The Elta outfit was dyed Jess. I didn't sew it from scratch. I think I have several extra ape rifles from Sideshow. If you're willing to pay for the shipping of one, I'll send you one. I'll check into that. In the meantime, let me know if you want one.

Angel, even if it was dyed, the outfit came out beautifully. What did you use for Elta's head? That Marcus you have is one little sweetie pie. Let me know about your rifles if you have any extras, as I would like to have one. I really loved that photo of the gorilla in the grass with the rifle. Can't remember who posted that.

Jess.

I think it started when I questioned him about his constant referring to Sideshow as "Slimeshow". Sure there were mistakes made with their POTA line, but I believe Sideshow's heart was in the right place. Talking with Mat Falls over the past few SDCCs, I know the POTA line was a labor of love for him. As long as Mat is with Sideshow, POTA will always have an Ape advocate there. :D

I guess... overall, I just thought the company deserved more respect than being called "Slimeshow".

He didn't and went on a tirade with Angel and deleted most of his posts.

And I was looking forward to getting those raised chimp glyphs from him too. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Ahh...that answers my question about the chimp glyphs. Do they have to be a specific material? Can't you just make them?

Holy Smokes, I forgot Kfog!!

I apologize. No by all means, you are part of the Ape Order.

Kfog, during my down time i finished Dee Browns "Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee, and Stephen Ambrose' "Crazy Horse and Custer" all the time thinking of Pre Civil War, Mexican War. You said you sold all your uniforms?

I hope you're able to hold your job down Kent.

Hello, Hello! I appreciate the support! Hey Stickman, are you still on the CW forum?:cool:

Yes, I think it's the marauder that I have. It's a bummer that I was not aware of any of these beautiful sideshow dolls when they first came out! Anyway, I'm glad I have some. I think my Cornelius needs some tightening of his joints because he can't stand well but other than that, the apes they have are outstanding. The only thing that bugs me is General Ursus' hat on the sideshows.

Jess, I fixed the General's helmet by just popping a Hasbro helmet right on top of the Sideshow helmet.

Other than Sticks and I, did anyone else experience that Hasseline curve that occured last night?

Does anyone know if it occured on the entire site or was it thread specific?

I'm just curious. It was the weirdest thing. Very disconcerting. A sense of deja vu over and over and over again!

Back