Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, Hello! I appreciate the support! Hey Stickman, are you still on the CW forum?:cool:

Hey there Kfog, I'm currently catching up with all the news I missed over the past several months. I recently took down my BOA collection and replaced it with the great POTA line. I like to switch my collections around every few months. During the fall season I like to display my Monsters collection, which reminds me, Jom, how's that casket? Did you ever finish. I remember you weren't too happy with the fabric liner. Kfog, I did make some inquiries regarding the BOA CW 3" Ordinance rifle canon. I was surprised that no one has posted any pictures. IM sent me a Crazy Horse HS which I think SS did a great job on, seeing that there are no historical pictures on the historic Oglala Sioux. Thanks again IM. I'm still planning on working on a, late 1870's Indian Wars stop motion piece this Spring. I was informed that the 2nd Annual Gi Joe Stop Motion Film Fest will be taking place in CO, CA, and WA (Grand Illusion Theater here in Seattle) this year. There has already been a film that is over one hour long, and I hear its a great piece of work. So, I guess I have my hands full, if I want to get in this year. I'd rather work with the gang and make an Ape City, so we can do a real POTA stop Motion piece. :monkey5

Jessica, If Angel doesn't have a rifle for you, I'm sure i can get you one. My gorillas will make sure that Slave Taylor will never get to use the rifle he came with. Just let me know, and I can get it out to you ASAP. :D

Jom, regarding last night, apparently in the forum, regarding forums there were a few people that did complain last night about the lag, or Server overheating. :confused: I guess they had to reboot, and apparently that wasn't the first time that it happened.

Other than Sticks and I, did anyone else experience that Hasseline curve that occured last night?

I did post something here on this thread at about 2:25 yesterday. Right after I submitted the post I was checking my spelling when I noticed that the post was timed in at 3:17. Very odd.

Jess, I can send you one of my extra ape rifles if interested. I have one that I'm not using, just let me know.

FYI - I sculpted the head of Elta using apoxie sculpt. The female ape face was sculpted on top of the Sideshow figure of Dana Scully. [X-files]

Jess, I can send you one of my extra ape rifles if interested. I have one that I'm not using, just let me know.

FYI - I sculpted the head of Elta using apoxie sculpt. The female ape face was sculpted on top of the Sideshow figure of Dana Scully. [X-files]

Angel, you are too talented! Is there any reason why you chose the Dana Scully figure? I'm going to try to have to do that someday if I ever get enough nerve. I have this ugly doll that I bought as part of batch that has a broken nose, and I think someday I might have to change him into an ape. This apoxie...do you have to bake it?

Jess.

Last edited:
I agree, those are some really unique photos. I really like the ones with little Marcus. Thanks for sharing Jom.

Angel has made many great customs and has kept things here alive. I really like the pictures of each and every custom that he has made. I think that he needs a little corn field to recreate the hunt scenes. How about that idea?:monkey5

Angel has made many great customs and has kept things here alive. I really like the pictures of each and every custom that he has made. I think that he needs a little corn field to recreate the hunt scenes. How about that idea?:monkey5

Yes, I agree. Angel, I look forward to seeing your work. And everyone else's too. More pics, everyone! That's the only way for me to learn.

Yes, I agree. Angel, I look forward to seeing your work. And everyone else's too. More pics, everyone! That's the only way for me to learn.

Hello Jessica, Kfog is right. Angel has created many great custom pieces for this whole group. He has really helped all of us by expanding our collection. I used to take many photos of my collection, you can find them under the "Show your shelves" section. My collection is under "Stickman'a POTA" Unfortunately the "a" is supposed to be an "s" and I don't know how to fix it. Anyway if you ever get bored and want to look at them, they are there. The pictures are not movie accurate, I hope you don't mind. I'm glad you're here, there are a lot of great people in this forum. P.S. I can send you and ape rifle if you still need one.

That Jessica is going to end up with an arsenal with the rate you guys are going! I've never seen such generosity in one group.

Way to go, guys and gal. This is why this is the best thread in the forum!

It's you people who make it what it is. Many thanks to the General for starting it all!!!!!!

That Jessica is going to end up with an arsenal with the rate you guys are going! I've never seen such generosity in one group.

Way to go, guys and gal. This is why this is the best thread in the forum!

It's you people who make it what it is. Many thanks to the General for starting it all!!!!!!

I agree, but hey, that's what we do. :D

PZ, I was cruising back many pages and saw your photos of Dr. Zaius with your Lawgiver. Great, clear photos. PZ, I think you're the only one here that has the Exclusive Bloody Law Giver. Did you ever open that one? What do you think of it? Does the blood feel tacky? One day I really hope to pick one up. I rarely see one on ebay.

OK, many thanks to the offers guys but I just need one gun as I only have one gorilla. I am glad one of you guys flushed me out of lurkdom!

OH NO! It's server SLOW Down Time :monkey4

Jessica, if Angel wants to reconsider, I have no problem giving you a spare ape rifle, and of course it would be free. Seeing that you already had plans with Angel I'll let you two decide. If you ever need one just PM me.

Ironman may be on furlough, as he has been very busy as of late. I think I can answer your question. I believe PZ was giving another member, Aerosmith, his personal preference on the buying order of the POTA characters. Ironman suggested that he possibly go for a gorilla as collectors seem to army build with them so they are a little harder to come by. If you ever decide to collect more of these figures you can still get them at Amoktime.com
About a year ago Sideshow cleared their warehouse and Amoktime got almost everything from them. Believe it or not you can get many of the POTA figs for $19 - $24. each. They even sell 6 pack cases for only $113.99

If you're interested just go to their site and highlight Planet of the Apes 12" in their browser window, and you'll go right there. They used to sell gorillas for $19. but that's when I bought like ten of them, and since then they went up to $24.

I hope that helps you.

Stickman, I was just browsing through your POTA photos. They are amazing. I love the dioramas that you have. I think I'm going to have to get me a Leutenant Uhura now (where can I get one?)...I really love the photos where Trek is on the Planet of the Apes. I didn't realize that amoktime still had gorillas!

Thanks a bunch Jessica. I'm very happy that you liked those photos. Believe it or not the the Star Trek part is from a stop motion piece I did last summer. I think at this point your best bet for getting an Uhura would be Ebay. The company that produced her is Playmates. Try typing in Playmates 12" Uhura in Ebay's search browser and see what you get. I have Kirk, Spock, Dr. McCoy, Uhura, Scotty, Checkov, Sulu, and the Andorian. The sculpts are a little soft, but Uhura's and the Andorian's are very well done. They even made a Gorn. There is another slight problem with these figures and that is their body. There is not much articulation with these figures. So I popped off their heads and put them on some spare bodies that I had that had better articulation. Kirk was released in a box set and once sold for $100. You can probably find him for about $20-$30. Another thing I did was use the Boots from SideShows Han Solo and Ceremonial Luke because they are perfect. Tight fitting, and really glossy. Just like the real thing. I hope this helps.

And yes, Amoktime still has gorillas, but like PZ said earlier, you have the gorilla that was limited to only 500 pieces. Very rare indeed.

What? You think I have a rare gorilla? How can I check? I don't think it came with a whistle--I'll have to see the box now but it's at work. Bummer.

I really like how that Uhura looks--just like she stepped out of the TV. I was thinking about getting some Mego ones but the hair stops me. The one you have is beautiful. I just saw one on Ebay for $48--is that a good price?

Last edited:
What? You think I have a rare gorilla? How can I check? I don't think it came with a whistle--I'll have to see the box now but it's at work. Bummer.

I really like how that Uhura looks--just like she stepped out of the TV. I was thinking about getting some Mego ones but the hair stops me. The one you have is beautiful. I just saw one on Ebay for $48--is that a good price?

I looked as well and I saw those prices.:eek Those prices are way too high. Try and wait. I think a good price is around $20. I also added black stockings from a BBi CY Girls outfit that I had. I wanted to try and hide her leg joints. I can understand about the Mego hair. As a child it always drove me crazy because it would be all over the place. SideShow's Nova almost suffers from the same dilemma, but our friend Jom used some thread to control her hair and he did a great job. Sometimes I use small clear rubber bands, that may work as well. Actually now that I think about it. I switched Uhura's head onto a Cy Girl body which I spray painted light brown. Luckily the color matched the head sculpt. I forgot that on the Playmate's figure you can't remove their boots so I used the soft pleather boots that also came with the Cy Girl Outfit. The Cy Girl body does suffer from one flaw and that would be the ankle joints, they're too flimsy.

I'm glad you're enjoying this hobby. I'd say wait and you'll be able to score some great deals. I'll also keep an eye out for you, as I always check for a Scotty figure because i need more Red Shirt, security figures. I only have one.

Good night for now. Time for :sleep

OH NO! It's server SLOW Down Time :monkey4

Jessica, if Angel wants to reconsider, I have no problem giving you a spare ape rifle, and of course it would be free. Seeing that you already had plans with Angel I'll let you two decide. If you ever need one just PM me.

Ironman may be on furlough, as he has been very busy as of late. I think I can answer your question. I believe PZ was giving another member, Aerosmith, his personal preference on the buying order of the POTA characters. Ironman suggested that he possibly go for a gorilla as collectors seem to army build with them so they are a little harder to come by. If you ever decide to collect more of these figures you can still get them at Amoktime.com
About a year ago Sideshow cleared their warehouse and Amoktime got almost everything from them. Believe it or not you can get many of the POTA figs for $19 - $24. each. They even sell 6 pack cases for only $113.99

If you're interested just go to their site and highlight Planet of the Apes 12" in their browser window, and you'll go right there. They used to sell gorillas for $19. but that's when I bought like ten of them, and since then they went up to $24.

I hope that helps you.

Hi Stickman! They have shown sold out for a while on the gorillas. Could that be a mistake on their part or does this ring true? :confused:Thanks, Kent.

View 1
View 2
View 3 Product ID: sspota5 Category: Planet of the Apes Super Section-Planet of the Apes 12" Figures
Gorilla Soldier 12in Figure
Description: The Gorilla Soldier has over 30 points of articulation for full range of motion and comes with a rifle, club, bandolier with ammo pouches, and a 12 inch 'Planet of the Apes' figure stand. CLEARANCE PRICE FINAL SALE.
Price: $44.99
Sale Price: $24.99
Savings: $20.00

Quantity:

Back