Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just answered my own question. I actually called Amoktime and they said that they are sold out and will not be receiving anymore, but that they have all the rest available. :monkey5

Is what is great for anyone starting the POTA'S line is that you can still get every 12" figure available minus the gorilla for $215.00 + shipping on Amoktime. I mean the
1.Beneath the Planet of the Apes Mutant Leader $19.99
2.Caesar $24.99
3.Astronaut Brent $19.99
4.Taylor Astronaut $19.99
5.General Ursus $24.99
6.Dr. Zaius $24.99
7.Cornelius $19.99
8.Zira $19.99
9.Slave Nova & Taylor 2-pack $39.99

You could still be able to pick up Gorillas on Ebay!:rotfl

Last edited:
I'm slowly getting things back together. My 6yr old has surgery on Monday so we're readying all the pre-arrangements to make that smooth. Its out patient so, barring complications, it shouldn't be a bad day, just long.
I hope to get back into more full tilt customizing soon. I have taken the time to draw out some plans for certain projects/additions and hopefully they'll work out accordingly.

Jessica, do you make the saddle bags just for Mego sized garrisons?
The best Ape related news is that on New Year's eve, the last possible chance for 2007, my son suddenly decided that he couldn't get enough of the POTA marathon on AMC. Now, he wants to watch the whole series of films all the time [although it may just be a ruse to get out of doing homework.]

I'm slowly getting things back together. My 6yr old has surgery on Monday so we're readying all the pre-arrangements to make that smooth. Its out patient so, barring complications, it shouldn't be a bad day, just long.
I hope to get back into more full tilt customizing soon. I have taken the time to draw out some plans for certain projects/additions and hopefully they'll work out accordingly.

Still a hard thing to go through though! Especially at 6!

Jessica, do you make the saddle bags just for Mego sized garrisons?
The best Ape related news is that on New Year's eve, the last possible chance for 2007, my son suddenly decided that he couldn't get enough of the POTA marathon on AMC. Now, he wants to watch the whole series of films all the time [although it may just be a ruse to get out of doing homework.]

Good luck on the surgery. Even if it's outpatient, it's still scary.

My sons do the same thing, too. But how can I refuse when I myself love anything POTA-related?

I just glued together those saddle bags. They're easy. I'm sure you can do it. Just get an oblong strip of leather that is large enough to hang over the horse. Glue the side and front pieces of the saddle bag, and then glue the top part. When you glue the top part of the saddle bag, you can fold the leather over to form a lip, and then only glue the "seam" part of the bag so that your saddle bag can open and close.

Last edited:
Another night of poor sleep. :monkey2

Yes IM, Good luck to your son on his surgery.

You are right Kfog. :monkey2 I could have sworn just last week that Amoktime still had apes. I was thinking of getting a few more mutants, as I destroyed the cloaks of two of them for my movie. I also wanted to pick up another Cornelius and Zira, as I only have one piece of each.

Jessica, nice job on the saddle bags.

I'd like to hear from the whole gang, on which figures you would rate the best, and rarest of the whole line.

For me it is the Mutant Jailer, BTPOTA Taylor, and do I dare say... Slave Brent.

It's Seahawks Day here in Seattle so the whole city is alive with NFL fever.

Stickman, I was wondering if you would be willing to share your knowledge regarding stop-motion photography. I am sure it's expensive with the equipment necessary, etc.

Jungle, you will have to show me the hair treatment. I missed out on that one.

Jess...

Here is the way I was able to tame Nova's mane:

I'm sure there are other ways to accomplish getting her hair to lie down flat but my method is quick and easy. I got some brown thread close to her hair color then I tied a loose loop around her head and hair at about the neck line and tightened the loop until I got the desired effect of giving her hair some weight. It's that easy!

I-man...

My thoughts and prayers are with your family and young son. I'm sure everything will work out well. It's still a nerve racking time.

I feel like taking all of my Apes collection out and taking pictures and placing them on the forum. Anyone else here with me?:monkey1:monkey5

I feel like taking all of my Apes collection out and taking pictures and placing them on the forum. Anyone else here with me?:monkey1:monkey5

Thanks for the well wishes gang. I am sure everything will be fine. I don't know who will be more nervous that morning, him or my wife and I.
Kfog, I don't have time to take them all out right now but here's a pic of how it looked a while back:
POTA-mygroup01.jpg

Thanks!! At that point I had a 2nd Lawgiver that was marked for repainting into the bloddy version. He's gone now but in his wake have gathered many more simian brethren.

Back