Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironman, outstanding collection! I just love how the simians in the back appear to be straining their necks so they can be spotted by the camera. I don't recognize the makers for the Zira, Cornelius and Dr. Zaius up towards the front.

Thanks Jessica. The Zira, Cornelius and Dr. Zaius up towards the front as well as the Ursus on the left by Zira are old ApeJoe figures. They were made by Polo Moreno in Mexico [iirc] and the only 1:6 apes available for the longest time. His ads used to run in the old Toy Shop trade paper. Is that even around anymore since the internet?
I will try and update that photo soon. I know there are more mutants, gorillas and astronauts that aren't in that one.

Thanks Jessica. The Zira, Cornelius and Dr. Zaius up towards the front as well as the Ursus on the left by Zira are old ApeJoe figures. They were made by Polo Moreno in Mexico [iirc] and the only 1:6 apes available for the longest time. His ads used to run in the old Toy Shop trade paper. Is that even around anymore since the internet?
I will try and update that photo soon. I know there are more mutants, gorillas and astronauts that aren't in that one.

I used to buy out of the old Toy Shop Trader long ago and I have bought from Polo Moreno, but not Apes items. I do remember that he had them available on his website, but a bit pricey as I recall.

I really like the Gorilla with the brown face paint. That is the desired look that I need for at least a couple of my gorillas. Where is he from IM?:monkey5

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd say that the good ol' general has always had the largest 1:6 Ape collection.

Kfog, what are you waiting for? We need to see your pictures! Like Jessica said earlier, we should keep feeding this thread with our photos. I will be taking more later this week. Maybe have my gorillas invade the Star Wars universe. :monkey3

Jessica regarding your question about stop motion, here is an excellent forum for you to visit, https://www.stopmotionanimation.com/

During my filming experience I used digital video cameras such as the Sony DVX100 (great color) and a Canon XL1S (my personal camera unfortunately the standard lens suffers from soft focus.) Now normally this wouldn't be appropriate because these are video camcorders meant to capture live action, not single frames. However, I used a software program to capture single frames and basically used the cameras for their lenses. I hope to sell my camera soon and get a still SLR camera, and a nice prime lens package. I'm thinking 10-12mb pixles will be good enough. Due to the high resolution I will have to set up the files as 4kb prints so when they're all together they won't overload the drive on the computer. This way the resolution will stay when the picture is enlarged to fit on a standard 35mm movie screen. My stop motion piece was only about 5 minutes long but had over 7,200 still frames in it. :monkey1

Here is another site that is holding a 1:6 scale stop motion festival this year. Last year I won fourth place for audience favorite. I flew out to Denver, CO.
https://www.gijoefilmfestival.com/ If you check the prevois posts on the bottom and go to the October 2007 link you will see an interview with me. Unfortunately I severely sprained my ankle at that time and was on crutches. :monkey2 Oh, that sprain lasted three months. Ouch. Just another nail in my coffin. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask more questions if you have any. - Adam

That gorilla is from Frontline's heroHeads assortment, painted by Phantom11.

I love it! I need one just like it. Now get all of the Apes together and get that war chant going with Ursus.

Hey Stickman! Just a little whil longer and I will get some pics on today. Patience, you know how unpacking is in a new place.:chew

IM, I'm going to try to paint my Mego ape soldier's face, and that is someday what I hope to accomplish. Yes, aiming high so that if I fail at least I can say I landed on the moon.

I love it! I need one just like it. Now get all of the Apes together and get that war chant going with Ursus.

Hey Stickman! Just a little whil longer and I will get some pics on today. Patience, you know how unpacking is in a new place.:chew

WooHoo! Kfog, I can't wait. I'm going to be gone most of the day starting at 1PM PST time to watch the Green Bay - Seattle game, and then watch the New England game at my brothers. I'm also going to be spending time with my goddaughter and niece. Here is a quick photo of us which I will delete later.

Last edited:
Oh, Thanks for the heads up on the games! I am a huge football nut! Unfortunately, my Bears did not get in this year.:monkey4

Oh, Thanks for the heads up on the games! I am a huge football nut! Unfortunately, my Bears did not get in this year.:monkey4

KFog, you'd be more than welcome her in the NW. Maybe you, PZ and I could all meet up and hit the SCI-FI museum? Yeah she's a cutie, she has brought me much needed joy in the past several months.

Bears fan huh? Oh we'd make a good rivalry because my #1 team is the Minnesota Vikings! Go NFC!:D

KFog, you'd be more than welcome her in the NW. Maybe you, PZ and I could all meet up and hit the SCI-FI museum? Yeah she's a cutie, she has brought me much needed joy in the past several months.

Bears fan huh? Oh we'd make a good rivalry because my #1 team is the Minnesota Vikings! Go NFC!:D

That sounds great! Minnesota Vikings ehh! We have the most exciting division as far as history goes. I like your idea of the Sci-Fi museum. I will indeed keep you posted.:cool:

I always did like how Taylor turned out here. The other is a made up Astronaut.:monkey5

I always did like how Taylor turned out here. The other is a made up Astronaut.:monkey5

Kfog, that is a great Taylor sculpt. Where'd you get it? I think DR.Z had one of those to. I think that figure would look great in the custom smock that Jom made from the liner of one of his spare coats.

Kfog, that is a great Taylor sculpt. Where'd you get it? I think DR.Z had one of those to. I think that figure would look great in the custom smock that Jom made from the liner of one of his spare coats.

I bought him from Frontline. He is on the same site that Ironman just sent me a while ago. I had the paint done by DarkSpawn who works for Red Planet Toys.:D

I bought him from Frontline. He is on the same site that Ironman just sent me a while ago. I had the paint done by DarkSpawn who works for Red Planet Toys.:D

Wow, Yes I know the site. I have the gorilla sculpt but I painted it myself. :monkey4 Well DarkSpawn did a great job. Signing off now. Be back tonight. Go Hawks!

Hey Kfog...

I think that Taylor head and paint is even better than the Sideshow version!

Yes it is! The only thing is that the guy charges $20.00 just for the paint job. He used to charge $15.00, but went up. Now the last time I have had contact with him was a coupl of years back.:D

Back