Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that the light temperature changed in between some of those shots, but I thought everyone would know that it was mutant blood coming out. Especially when we get the c-ockpit (I can't beleived that this word is censored here) Point of view. You see the blood splatter on the window before it goes back to the Roman's point of view.

Jess/Sticks - What's with all the coffee drinking lately? Did you guys meet near the coffee dispenser at the local 7-Eleven?

Pretend these two are drinkings coffee. :duff

Jess/Sticks - What's with all the coffee drinking lately? Did you guys meet near the coffee dispenser at the local 7-Eleven?

Pretend these two are drinkings coffee. :duff

7-Eleven? That's blasphemy here in the Heartland of Starbucks. Actually I don't drink Starbucks. Hey, i need my coffee in the morning, especially when I already don't sleep well. :lol

Here's some things that I'm checking out.

It only makes sense to make a head sculpt of Dr. Maximus, or a small table for the lawgiver bust. I must admit. I do look forward to seeing the Orangutan in a purple robe though.

Last edited:
Here's some things that I'm checking out.

It only makes sense to make a head sculpt of Dr. Maximus, or a small table for the lawgiver bust. I must admit. I do look forward to seeing the Orangutan in a purple robe though.

I love the color scheme of POTA. The arid landscape I think was perfect. I'm glad that they had the apes on horseback instead of driving automobiles and Tanks as was intended. Sometimes a tight budget can do wonders. How big do you estimate the Courtroom Scene is going to be?

I'm still wondering how big Dr.Z's Mutant Jail dio is. Can't wait to see more of his photos.

Kfog should also have some more photos soon.

Angel, I am soooo tired and sick feeling that I had to make some more coffee. Not the best thing for you I know but I'd rather talk Ape than sleep. :sleep

What do you mean Sticks? Is there something else? What's on your mind?

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW ALREADY, APE STUFF INSPIRES ME THE MOST! :)

Sorry, I drifted back to the wild west. I've been watching a lot of Clint Eastwood films lately. I love those spaghetti westerns. In the Good, bad, and Ugly, I like the way they distressed the wagon. For my upcoming western film the Ape wagon will be perfect. It's almost like the one they use in Hang'em high.

So with the Court Room scene under way, and the bits and ideas you have for the mutant lair what else is there. I still don't own any POTA films. I wanted to get the DVD collection that PZ owns, the one that comes in the Caesar Head, so I can have the films and tv shows in one set, but with regular DVDs getting phased out over the next couple of years to BlueRay-or HD, I don't want to have to buy everything again, so I was planning on waiting. But it's driving me crazy not be able to come up with ideas.

I remember in the film, when the gorillas take their picture, there is a human hanging rack in the background. How hard what that be? Is there anything else they have going on? Were there dummy bags, (or were they humans) that were being used for bayonet practice?

I pulled out all of my empty boxes that I've been collecting for my ape city and plan on putting something together soon, Then I will apply paper mache over the boxes to give the clay like appearance. I really want to make the skybridge scene.

We also need to make human displays for the ape museum. Was that Little Marcus in that scene?

I love the color scheme of POTA. The arid landscape I think was perfect. I'm glad that they had the apes on horseback instead of driving automobiles and Tanks as was intended. Sometimes a tight budget can do wonders. How big do you estimate the Courtroom Scene is going to be?

I'm still wondering how big Dr.Z's Mutant Jail dio is. Can't wait to see more of his photos.

Kfog should also have some more photos soon.

Angel, I am soooo tired and sick feeling that I had to make some more coffee. Not the best thing for you I know but I'd rather talk Ape than sleep. :sleep

There’s something attention-grabbing about their time-consuming trek through the forbidden zone. It was a great way to start that story and learn about the character of Taylor. The entire set up was very well done.

You’re right Sticks. The colors (or lack thereof) and the arid landscape really feeds into the whole primitive idea. I love that long intro! To me, it’s an very impressive setup for the story.

Is KFog posting more pics? Cool!

Dr. Zaius has an awesome mutant jail. Check out this pic I recently found.

For extra ideas outside the Hollywood films I'm going to go cruise the comic covers. Heres one ( I think it was number 37) will try to get some more Ape ideas.

ApeGorillas.jpg

This one is already on your list:
BPOTADoomsdaybomb.jpg

And this one?

BrentshotinheadBPOTA.jpg

Check out this pic I recently found.

No pic attached.

I wonder why SS didn't include a miniature American flag with Taylor. Actually who plants the mini flag? I forget.

Oh, never mind,I see the picture now.

That's a real photo right or is that his dio? I know that he has a shot just like that one.

Sorry, I drifted back to the wild west. I've been watching a lot of Clint Eastwood films lately. I love those spaghetti westerns. In the Good, bad, and Ugly, I like the way they distressed the wagon. For my upcoming western film the Ape wagon will be perfect. It's almost like the one they use in Hang'em high.

So with the Court Room scene under way, and the bits and ideas you have for the mutant lair what else is there. I still don't own any POTA films. I wanted to get the DVD collection that PZ owns, the one that comes in the Caesar Head, so I can have the films and tv shows in one set, but with regular DVDs getting phased out over the next couple of years to BlueRay-or HD, I don't want to have to buy everything again, so I was planning on waiting. But it's driving me crazy not be able to come up with ideas.

I remember in the film, when the gorillas take their picture, there is a human hanging rack in the background. How hard what that be? Is there anything else they have going on? Were there dummy bags, (or were they humans) that were being used for bayonet practice?

I pulled out all of my empty boxes that I've been collecting for my ape city and plan on putting something together soon, Then I will apply paper mache over the boxes to give the clay like appearance. I really want to make the skybridge scene.

We also need to make human displays for the ape museum. Was that Little Marcus in that scene?

Believe me when I say... I've never seen the Good, Bad, and Ugly. I don't know what wagon you're referring to. That human rack idea is a really good one STICKS. I remeber that rack being right beside the cornfield that KFog keeps telling us about. (He has this fascisnation with corn. Did he ever post a picture of his mute human eating corn? It's very funny/cool!)

If I remeber right, I think the gorillas were using hay bundles in the movie that resembled human bodies for the bayonet practice.

You have a box collection and you're going to turn them into ape city! How cool is that!? If done right that'll loo great! You could put a thin layer of apoxie sculpt (or something like fiber glass) over them and paint them. When you're done shooting them in your next ape film you can bring them to my house and put them in my backyard!

Last edited:
Back