Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JOM - The ULTIMATE Omega Man is back at OSW. (and a mutant!)

Check them him out!

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?p=670914#post670914

Thanks for the heads up on the shots of the "Omega Man" figures. I know where he got the black robes from... they are from a Hasbro "Star Wars" Emperor figure. The material that was used for that is a Knit and sort of sweater like. It is similar to the texture of the inner sleeves of Cornelius.

It's not quite right. In the movie the material was a shiny black, maybe a polyester, if I recall correctly.

Luckily I took a before shot. Here is the fugliness in all its glory. He looks bright orange because I just scrubbed his face down with dishwashing detergent to get all the clay gunk off of him and took a photo before he dried. Yeah, I know these heads are just not up to today's standards, but I get a kick out of making them look better than what they started with. I think he looks loads better now. Goodnight guys. I was off the computer because I was watching junk tv and filing stuff I took home from the office.

Jess...

I'm glad you had the presents of mind to take a before shot of the figure. It really shows how you vastly improved him and turned him into Ursus. Showing the before shot really showcases the work you have put into him!

Sticks...

I know this thread is devoted to our beloved apes, but I wouldn't mind seeing your shots of your Star Wars figures.

I-man...

Glad to hear you are going to "jump back in feet first". I think we all can help motivate each other by showing what we have done on our own.

Some of us (Angel) just happen to be more talented at things than others (Me). I think, though, we each contribute in our own way.

Ironman- I've already made around 6 resin casts of the FAT MAN mask. I won't be selling them until I reveal my finished fat man in his red robe. Good for you guys huh? Depending on my paint job, I may trade and sell them them as painted also. That Galen figure which I shared with you guys came out so good that I want to try a human face! If I pull it off, you all can get painted apes/mutants at a great price!

As far as the opened mouth apes for you guys, I really need to think a tad about that. Rather than taking on each ape individually as a custom job, it would be much easier (for me) to just cast mine in resin and sell those to you guys. Again, I think I'd be willing to paint them in groups of three or more. It would take far less time and I'd charge less. I still need to think about this some.

Last edited:
Guys, I'm so glad to be here! Everybody inspires me to get better! Angel, I tried the "open mouth" technique on this Mego guy, and I actually cut his mouth open for surgery...but I couldn't find my glue gun and just gave up and sutured him back with some super glue. You will see that once I finish the Mego stuff I can accomplish, I will work full swing on my sideshows...and by that time I will be much better. It's just that these Megos are so not right that I HAVE to tweak them. Plus, they don't take up as much space as the sideshows. Don't know what I could do to the SS apes--they're practically perfect...

Last night I went to bed sooooo late, about 1 PM...and then I woke up at five waiting for the alarm to ring. Too many ape ideas running through my head... GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!

Jess.

Jess, I must say, you have given that Mego gorilla a new life!
Angel, what can I say? Your stuff is, I think, the inspiration that drives all of us here now. PLMK if you're going to be casting those Mendez busts and Fatman heads.
I hope that soon I will be able to dive back into this feet first. I have brainstormed a few other ideas that are not on my list but I'd like to accomplish. Time and room permitting.
I think maybe I'll see if I can't find a different way to get some open mouths on the apes as they really do add a whole different dimension to them.

Ironman, as a newbie, can you please tell me what PLMK means? I can't figure it out....Sorry.

Jess.

Sticks...

I know this thread is devoted to our beloved apes, but I wouldn't mind seeing your shots of your Star Wars figures.

Hey Jom, I posted them in the Star Wars section, They not great by any means. No dio scenes. I simply shot them on the shelf. I need to get an updated capture program soon as I loose a lot of resolution. My camera is mainly for live action not still shots. i can't wait to get a new camera soon.

If you want I can still post those photos here, just let me know.

Coffee time, be back in an hour.

My, Angel... You have been quite a busy beaver. I have to say I am stunned by your work... I can't begin... It's just...

TOTALLY AWESOME! You rock, my friend!

You're gone from this thread for a few days and you produce... ALL OF THIS!

Please take a month off of this thread and give us all APE CITY!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in awe!

No wonder you have been lost, Angel! I was wondering where you had gone. Yes, can you please make us APE CITY????

Jess.

Good morning gang, I'm back.

We need to get Jessica to upgrade to the 1:6th worlds. :rolleyes: :lol

Jessica, how many Mego apes do you have? You did a great job on your Ursus figure.

Angel I replied to your PM

Jom, do you want those SW shots over here?

Jessica, how many Mego apes do you have? You did a great job on your Ursus figure.

Stickman, I have only the main players: Zira, Cornelius, Zaius, ape soldier who mutated into General Ursus. That's 4 total. And I have two men: a Taylor which hasn't come in yet and a Burke. So I have 6 total POTA figures. I'm not really a collector. I am a crafter who just LOVES Planet of the Apes. My pleasure is in the creation of the outfits or the props that come along with it, and taking photos of them.

Stickman, I have only the main players: Zira, Cornelius, Zaius, ape soldier who mutated into General Ursus. That's 4 total. And I have two men: a Taylor which hasn't come in yet and a Burke. So I have 6 total POTA figures. I'm not really a collector. I am a crafter who just LOVES Planet of the Apes. My pleasure is in the creation of the outfits or the props that come along with it, and taking photos of them.

Ah O.K. Jessica. Are there any plans on making or getting some civilian clothes for Zira and Cornelius to represent Escape from the POTA? I'm really tempted to getting the retro Mego Star Trek line and POTA line when those come out, simply for nostalgic purposes.

Stickman,

I have created an Escape outfit for Zira in civilian clothes, but I need to rework her swing jacket with a finer fabric because the fabric I used doesn't have a fine-enough drape for the scale. I haven't encountered a fine-enough houndstooth for Cornelius. I found something in a small check, but it's black and white, not grey and white...so I haven't put any effort into making that into a suit. But if anybody has a fine grey houndstooth in a lightweight fabric, PLEASE let me know and I will send $$ for it.

I sent you a PM.

Jess.

No need to repost them here, I went to the Star Wars section and checked them out. Very nice collection there. You dropped a wad of cash for them. That is the reason, although tempted, I never started collecting the Sideshow Star Wars line. There are just too many essential characters with too high of a price point, which would be a strain on any budget. Besides over the past few decades I've given too much of my hard earned cash to Mr. Lucas!

Jess, the Ursus head looks great. How about some full body shots like in Beneath? Any chance those ape rifles could be made in 1:6? They'd look great in any garrison!

Ironman,

He's still my WIP, but here's a full body shot. I still need to replace his hands and make a gauntlet so this is not really a great portrait.
IMG_2132.jpg

I'm sure I could make those rifles 1:6. They are easy and fun to do.

Check out those real leather boots he is wearing. They have a toe dent and they are removeable and I crafted them not too long ago. I also like how the metal on his cuirass reflects the sunlight.

Really nice job there Jessica. Another board member Dr. Zauis has a collection of mego figures. When he checks back in I know he'll really get a kick out of what you've done. I too love the way the sunlight glimmers, that cuirass is better than SideShows! I sent you a PM.

Here are some quick photos of the damage my Mutant garb sustained while filming. I don't mind as I still have two of these figures boxed. I just figured that I might be able to hide the stains under a robe like Angel has.

DeadAlienCUFace.jpg

BirdseyeDeadAlien.jpg

ReverseBirdseyeDeadAlien3.jpg

:lolJessica, here are some more stills from my short. I think everyone here has already seen these. Sorry for the repost fellas.

Taylor_Scavenging_ApesII_Stopmot-2.jpg
Taylor_Scavenging_ApesII_Stopmotion.jpg

Taylor_Scavenging_ApesII_Stopmot-1.jpg
startrekanimationGorillaAttack.jpg

startrekanimationKirkSpockwalkingII.jpg
TheCave4UhuraNet2.jpg

TheCavePick-upShots.jpg

How about the little cuckoo clock on the shelf behind those mad scientists.

P.S. Jessica, I received an email stating my mailbox was full. Jom once told me my mailbox was full because he couldn't PM me either. I deleted all old PM's, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
Back