Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Mike V. - Great work on the Planet of the Apes collectibles. Are there more coming out ever?

Sideshow Collectibles: Our design and creative teams really enjoyed working on Planet of the Apes. There's a good chance that you'll see more Apes in the future."

Thanks for the reminder, Sticks. This Q&A should be re-posted every so often to remind us that Sideshow has not totally abandoned POTA! :D

I wonder if this year's SDCC will offer any Ape surprises? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

I feel your pain Angel, Jess, Sticks. The site was messed up for the better part of today. I kept trying to check in today at work and it was just intolerable. Things here haven't been the same since Sticks and I experienced that Hasseiline curve some nights ago. Those bends in time can be so troublesome.

Sticks... Where do I go to voice my concerns? Who do I alert to the problems?

Sticks...

I finally tracked down that publicity photo I was trying to emulate when I made my apes movie back in high school. Now I have to find the one from my movie. I know it's around here somewhere........

Angel...

I agree with Sticks, If you are planning to make those wooden racks that held up the dead hunt victims from the first film just use twigs and sticks. They worked so well in size and scale when we all made our protest signs.

Wow, the site is a lot better now. i had to leave for a while, I just couldn't take it. Jom let me retrace the exact route you should take for leaving word to Dave.

P.S. I love that shot. I hope SS does do Burke and Virdon, I like their outfits.

I'll be right back.

Angel...

I agree with Sticks, If you are planning to make those wooden racks that held up the dead hunt victims from the first film just use twigs and sticks. They worked so well in size and scale when we all made our protest signs.

Oh that was a fun time wasn't it Jom.

Ok. Maybe this quick address will work:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

if not just go to: "Home," "Forums," "forum Questions," to "What's wrong with the forums?"

I have now added my voice to the the rest of suffering masses.

:clap

Thanks jom, now I don't look like a disgruntled ape collector.

I've been trying to come up with some ideas for my ape buildings. Does anyone have any close-ups? I don't own the movies and there are very limited pictures on the web that include the houses.

PZ. I'll re-post that SideShow quote regarding upcoming ape merchandise every couple of weeks to keep them on track. Good suggestion.

Angel...

Gee Jungle Jom, those picket signs you made look pretty nifty. :stooge

Are there any special pictures you're looking for Sticks concerning the ape buildings? I could get some of these pics for you. Interiors? Exteriors? Any special buildings you want? Let me know, I'll hook you up with some pics that you want.

Jess - Actually I believe there are 3 artful partitions in the trial room scene. There is one on each side of the orangutan table and another one behind the table of Cornelius and Zira. You’re right; they are all different from each other! Dang - nothing comes easy.

I don’t plan on making the human dying rack. (No time soon anyways– that idea was Jessica’s. That would mean getting more humans and that means more expenses.). I think I have enough things to do before I move onto doing that. I’d love to see someone else take that project on.

I'm about to relocate my creative supplies back into the dining room so I can sit at a table and work on that long table from Taylor’s Trial scene. I hope to tackle a few other projects as well. I'll talk to you guys later. ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Thanks Angel, some exterior shots would be great. I'm not going to get too fancy, I just want some ape like houses or buildings. I thinking the ones that connect the sky bridge for Taylor's capture would be cool to try and make. Just let me know and I too will check back later.

Have fun Angel.

By the way STICKS, if you do buy any of the apes flicks, you do know you MUST get THE LEGACY COLLECTION right? It offers the most complete footage! "Battle" is so much better with the extra doomsday bomb footage in it! I've seen Wal-Mart selling the complete TV series and the cartoons for less than $15 each.

Oh this is going to be great. Thanks a bunch Angel. I am going to have to get THE LEGACY COLLECTION for sure now. I'm not sure if I've ever seen that extra footage. Now I'm very curious. Can I get this on Widescreen? I'll check it out. I have to run a few errands and do some baby sitting in a half an hour. I have all my boxes out, and will start construction today. I love this hobby.

Jessica, if you want to part with your VHS version, let me know, I sent you a PM. Also I'll need your info for the Ape gun. It would be great to see if you could recreate them. My gorillas need a nice cache like the one in Battle. It was Battle that they had all the weapons stored right, before the mutant attack?

Great photos Angel, I can't wait to start.

Back