Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angel, I'm so glad you have posted those shots. They are very helpful and anything ape-movie related is beautiful eye candy even if I don't do anything with them. I haven't stepped out of the Mego world yet, guys...you will have to wait a bit before I create stuff for the sideshows.

Sticks what do you need regarding the ape guns?

Sticks, I can't part with my VHS tapes, cruddy as they are. The scenes are grainy and the colors are way too toned down. They have been overplayed, but you're right...we ape lovers just can't part with our stuff. You should just get the ones that are digitally remastered. Those are the ones my buddy burned for me and I love the colors. Zira looks like she even has a light blush on her cheeks with the digital remastering.

I was actually going to try to attempt the operating room scene for the Megos, and those operating room tables look pretty easy. But I've got my General Ursus cooking in the pot and I can't start other stews. I was up until 2 AM last night working on him. I am SOOOO tired. Coffee is not helping. :monkey2 I am going to try to finish his portrait today and consider him officially done and crossed off of my list.

KFog! I haven't heard from you in a bit. Welcome back. What are you working on?

Last edited:
Sticks – Why do you want VHS tapes? I have a bootleg VHS of BATTLE of the POTA with all the uncut scenes in it. I bought it long ago on eBay before they released the extra scenes in THE LEGACY COLLECTION. If you want it, I can throw it in the same package with your camera. Let me know. Actually, I have a bootleg DVD of the same thing also. Which format do you prefer?

Hey! KFog is back! Post those pictures of the corn eating human mutes for all to see. He’s wild!

Last edited:
I've got my General Ursus cooking in the pot and I can't start other stews. I was up until 2 AM last night working on him.

Jess - You put General Ursus in the cooking pot? What are you doing that for? Are you cooking the Sculpy in boiling water? Did you modify his face or are you making him a new helmet?

Oh this is going to be great. Thanks a bunch Angel. I am going to have to get THE LEGACY COLLECTION for sure now. I'm not sure if I've ever seen that extra footage. Now I'm very curious. Can I get this on Widescreen?

Sticks - Yes you can get THE LEGACY COLLECTION in widescreen. That's the one I have.

Sticks...

Here is a link to some nice black and white shots of Ape City. And some behind the scenes shots of the set used for the museum scene! I think Angel could do a great job on this multi level interior set.

https://images.google.com/imgres?im...svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&sa=G

Just click on "APE CITY"

These are some very helpful pictures JUNGLE. This website should help out STICKS quite a bit. I'm really looking forward to seeing all this new stuff you guys create! Keep it coming! :)

https://images.google.com/imgres?im...svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&sa=G

Last edited:
Sticks - Yes you can get THE LEGACY COLLECTION in widescreen. That's the one I have.

Hi Angel! You crack me up! I need to get busy on those pictures that I promised. By the way, can I get the BTPOTA uncut version DVD singly? Is that the one in the black case? Thanks you Ape crazy mutants, Kent.:monkey3

Last edited:
Jess - You put General Ursus in the cooking pot? What are you doing that for? Are you cooking the Sculpy in boiling water? Did you modify his face or are you making him a new helmet?

Sorry. I meant I was busy w/him as a project and didn't want to start anything new. Had my coffee but it's not helping...How is you project coming along? I had to stop & eat because I was famished and thought I would check in...

God I'm rushing through this. Tomorrow it's supposed to be cold, and I don't want to miss the sun today for the photo shoot outdoors. The gauntlets took an awful long time to finish and the tips of my fingers are covered with super glue. I just have to touch up the beard a little bit to make it less monochromatic...and then I'm off to do the photo shoot.

Last edited:
Hi Angel! You crack me up! I need to get busy on those pictures that I promised. By the way, can I get the BTPOTA uncut version DVD singly? Is that the one in the black case? Thanks you Ape crazy mutants, Kent.:monkey3

Why am I cracking you up KFog? Did I go and do something really silly again? Already?

Yes, you can buy BATTLE for the POTA as a single DVD. Just be sure you pick the one from THE LEGACY COLLECTION. It has a picture of an orangutan's eyes and nose on it, and not much of anything else.

On the back it will say that there is an additional 10 minutes of never before released footage! Be sure you get the right one.

~Angel~ :angelsmil

Last edited:
I'm so silly. I truly misunderstood you. :lol I really took what you said literally... about Ursus cooking in the pot.

After you asked that question, I remembered that some people actually boil the stuff, so sorry about that.

Just finished taking photos, so now I'm going to see if any of them live up to my standards. I hope so. Otherwise, I'm going to have to brave the outdoors again tomorrow.

So do those photos live up to your standards Jess, or will you be braving the elements once again tomorrow?

I'm going to have to brave the elements again. You can tell I rushed the gauntlets. Some of the photos looked good, but the gauntlets were ugly, so I have to redo those and then take more photos. I was up on the hillside gluing metal coming off. Here's some of the photos I took. The ones I took with the rifle were horrid because the metal on the gauntlets are crooked.

What do you think of these photos?

I had him posing while pulling the horse which looked really great, but my camera angle was horrible and didn't showcase him actually pulling on the horse. I also had a problem with the steep hillside--the horse or Ursus kept falling over, and I basically had bad camera angles because I was avoiding my shadow. Maybe I should try for earlier during the day...

I also made some carrots that he was feeding the horse with, but the camera angle was bad so I have to try again tomorrow. I'll show you one of those after I post these photos.

Here's Ursus feeding the horsey. It's the only decent one from the photos I took with him feeding the horse. I should have moved the horse more or had better angles. I hope it's not cold tomorrow...

Oh this is going to be great. Thanks a bunch Angel. I am going to have to get THE LEGACY COLLECTION for sure now. I'm not sure if I've ever seen that extra footage. Now I'm very curious. Can I get this on Widescreen? I'll check it out. I have to run a few errands and do some baby sitting in a half an hour. I have all my boxes out, and will start construction today. I love this hobby.

Jessica, if you want to part with your VHS version, let me know, I sent you a PM. Also I'll need your info for the Ape gun. It would be great to see if you could recreate them. My gorillas need a nice cache like the one in Battle. It was Battle that they had all the weapons stored right, before the mutant attack?

Great photos Angel, I can't wait to start.

Stickman, did you want me to recreate the ape rifles 1:6?

O.K. Please know that I have a long way to go. This is just the skeleton of house one. I need to polish it up a bit, add some flora, a ladder, animal skin, and extend the left side of the house down to the ground. I might need a week. :rotfl

There is only one source of light so it looks very flat, and the color is way off.
Photo141.jpg
Photo142.jpg

Time for bed. I'm not tired. Will check in probably late tomorrow so please leave some feedback on suggestions. :sleep

Back