Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Brent sure was a bloody mess… even before the gorillas ripped him open with all those bullets!

I sure like that layering effect of the fabric.

Last edited:
Jungle – Remember I was telling you about my theory about Mendez? (i.e. Mendez XXVIII, from the line of Mendez in the 5th movie, etc. ???)

I have no idea where I ever got that idea from… maybe from one of the books (of "Beneath" or "Battle") when it read it many years ago?

While doing some screen captures today, I snagged this photo. The pillar with the bust actually says Mendez XIV on it.

How cool is that? ...and you thought I was wacko!

Last edited:
Last Picture of the night! I have nothing to say... it's just really cool!

Sticks - this is the picture I took when I set all my Sideshow Gorillas all ablaze! (I'm joking)

Last edited:
Where is everyone? If I reach 1,000 posts tonight, without someone else making a post, I'm going to become the new General and Ironman will have to step down. He won't like that! Someone better post!:lol

Jess/Sticks - Here is that "human dying rack" you guys were talking baout building. (After seeing this, I'd use sticks of the proper scale.)

Thanks Angel, I thought that it was a drying rack, but dying rack works too huh?

I was thinking of working on this soon.

Where is everyone? If I reach 1,000 posts tonight, without someone else making a post, I'm going to become the new General and Ironman will have to step down. He won't like that! Someone better post!:lol

Ah, the rumored whispers of a coup d'état are True. I must report this to the General at once.

Thanks Angel, I really like the first photo. I'm torn between another building or trying to make some stairs. I want the other building to be able to connect the skybridge.

I really don't see the problem Sticks. At this pace, you're going to end up building most of these structures anyhow! The skybridge is going to happen no matter what you do. That's a very important feature. :cool:

Jungle – Check out Nova! Word on the street says that you’re the one who actually made the clothes for Linda Harrison! ~Angel~ :angelsmil

Very nice screen caps, Angel. I can never get enough of Nova.

But there is no reason to butter me up, Ha Ha... Because your costume is already under construction!

Last edited:
Jom - Here’s a picture of the front view that you requested. It's painted black because I'm about to start layering various colors on them for a stone like appearance.

It is difficult to see all the details in these sculpts because of your undercoat of black paint, but from what I can discern, it is spot on and just what I imagined the reverse side of the small ape head sculpture. I'll wait for the finished stone painted shots before I really fawn over your work!

Congrats on the 1000th post Angel.

Jom, how long does it take you to make the costumes?

I really don't know how long it takes to make the costumes, Sticks. It is a lot faster since I've made my rudimentary patterns. There is still a lot of fitting the leather to the actual figure. The costume is so form fitting and tight that I can't just cut and sew from a pattern. The pattern is just a rough idea of the general size for pieces. Each piece of leather still has to be trimmed , weathered and distressed.

I try not to spend more than two hours at a clip. My eyes and patients are old and worn out and my attention span is getting shorter! Also this being the third of the same costume makes the boredom factor kick in. I just want to finnish this for Angel before I redo the sleeves on Cornelius and Zira. That's my next project.

Congratulations on the 1000th post, Angel. And it's for one of the best threads ever. I saw all those photos you have posted--thank you for those as I haven't looked into the screencaptures yet but I will--I promise. And also that apoxie sculpt. Gotta order me some of that. I have a doll with a broken nose (and I think it's 1:6 scale), and I want to turn him into a chimp.

Sticks, I really really want to build a mini ape-city up on my hillside, and I will do it soon. I found this clay that you can shape and it will dry by itself--people use it for sculpting plant pots. I'm going to use that, and make sure I have a skybridge. That way it will be permanent, and I wouldn't have to worry about the kids messing with it because it will dry hard as a rock.

On the ape front, the General Ursus custom I made is the Custom Spotlight of the week at the Mego Museum Forum.

Jess.

It's hard to sleep when you've got so many ideas running through your mind...especially POTA-related ideas. I think that's where my trouble lies--can't stop thinking about those apes and what I want to accomplish.

I really don't know how long it takes to make the costumes, Sticks. It is a lot faster since I've made my rudimentary patterns. There is still a lot of fitting the leather to the actual figure. The costume is so form fitting and tight that I can't just cut and sew from a pattern. The pattern is just a rough idea of the general size for pieces. Each piece of leather still has to be trimmed , weathered and distressed.

I try not to spend more than two hours at a clip. My eyes and patients are old and worn out and my attention span is getting shorter! Also this being the third of the same costume makes the boredom factor kick in. I just want to finnish this for Angel before I redo the sleeves on Cornelius and Zira. That's my next project.

Wow Jungle. I didn't know that you were using and distressing leather for the Nova costumes. That takes a lot of effort--plus you are making them removeable so that is awesome in its own right.

Post #1000 for me,

I know this doesn’t look right yet. There’s still more to do, but I can see those artful partitions bringing this entire project together.

I just love that Lawgiver bust in the background! (Thanks to Snickertown for that!) My imagination is working overtime and I can’t sleep. (I can think of 2 people who can relate to that scenario.)

Angel, you have got to send pics of this finished product once finished to Sideshows people there. It would inspire them to continue the line. Great job dude!:monkey5

Back