Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jess...

With your sewing skills I wish you could take some of the burden off of me and help these guys by making some proper leather clothes for their Novas. Everyone here, from the start, wanted me to make her outfit for them. I am so busy with work I really can't produce the costumes that are wanted in a timely fashion.

Jom - Did you notice the layering effect of the loin cloth in that bloody Brent picture I posted today? I really like that. How come Sideshows didn't look like that?

Jess...

With your sewing skills I wish you could take some of the burden off of me and help these guys by making some proper leather clothes for their Novas. Everyone here, from the start, wanted me to make her outfit for them. I am so busy with work I really can't produce the costumes that are wanted in a timely fashion.

I would love to do Jungle, but you've captured that market :D

Anyway, I don't have a Nova to try it on, and it would look way too creepy on Zira. Come to think of it, why don't I just try that and freak everyone of y'all?

Jom - Did you notice the layering effect of the loin cloth in that bloody Brent picture I posted today? I really like that. How come Sideshows didn't look like that?

It is really not layering, it is just the way the leather is bunching up.

Sideshows don't look like that because Sideshow didn't care about the slave outfits, and put no care into their design. They thought no one would notice.

Angel, if I don't see you when I come back from a late dinner, good morning to you. Gotta run fellas.

Jess.

I really don't know how long it takes to make the costumes, Sticks. It is a lot faster since I've made my rudimentary patterns. There is still a lot of fitting the leather to the actual figure. The costume is so form fitting and tight that I can't just cut and sew from a pattern. The pattern is just a rough idea of the general size for pieces. Each piece of leather still has to be trimmed , weathered and distressed.

I try not to spend more than two hours at a clip. My eyes and patients are old and worn out and my attention span is getting shorter! Also this being the third of the same costume makes the boredom factor kick in. I just want to finnish this for Angel before I redo the sleeves on Cornelius and Zira. That's my next project.

Well you always do a wonderful job, I can't wait to see the finished products.

I’d love to stay and chat guys, but I need to go to work in 5-1/2 hours. I'll talk to all of you really soon.

Good night. Is it Midnight now? I think it is, so good morning and good night gang. :rip~Angel~ :angelsmil

Jom, Angel, and Jessica, Good night to you all. I'll hold the fort and will ring the bell tower if my troops notice anything suspicious. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow.

What's up you POTA nuts? Everything is going great I see. Let the Ape March begin! Roll Call-Ironman, Sticks, Jungle, Angel, Chris, Jess, ProtoZaius, ect.:monkey5:monkey4:monkey3:monkey1:monkey2:monkey5:monkey4:monkey3:monkey2:monkey1

And, that completes my final report until we reach touchdown...

We're now on full automatic in the hands of the computers...

I've tucked my crew in, for the long sleep... and I'll be joining them soon...

You who are reading me now are a different breed...I hope a better one.

One more thing... if anybody's listening, that is, Nothing scientific it's... purely personal. Seen from out here... Everything seems different... Time bends, space is boundless. It squashes a man's ego...

I feel lonely...

One more thing... if anybody's listening, that is, Nothing scientific it's... purely personal. Seen from out here... Everything seems different... Time bends, space is boundless. It squashes a man's ego...

I feel lonely...
What's that flashing red light mean?

Who needs a hug from Nova?:lol

Jom, I just got a 10 mega pixle SLR and 2 lenses for under 1k. Canon Rebel XTi

Maybe now I can get some really good shots. I think the 10 MP will be more than I need. Do you know of any good macro lenses?

Sticks, congrats on your purchase. I can't wait to see what you post.

Uh Oh, It's slow server time. It seems to always happen around 10PST every night. I bet Angel or Jom have something to do with this. It's funny how it's only after they log off that this slowdown starts. :rolleyes: :lol

Jessica, this will probably be my last post of the evening. I will be sending your rifle out tomorrow. WooHoo!

Angel I will send out a red pair of Gorilla boots tomorrow. Alright!

Jessica you brought up an interesting point regarding the glyphs on Zira.

I did a little digging and came up with two different styles for her.

3888571020A.jpg
2344731020A.jpg

SS apparently copied the later version and did indeed get the first symbol backwards. Nice catch. Too bad that simply inverting the glyphs won't correct this problem.

Good night and see you all tomorrow.

Last edited:

I feel lonely...

I wish I'd have wrote that, instead of you JJ. You think you should change your handle from JUNGLE JOM to WORDMAN... you sure have a way with them.

Back