Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticks, FIRST cup of coffee? WOW!! have you got some ground to make up!! :monkey5
Jess, The gherkin is the vest.

I'm going to get my first cup, too, then try to finish the work I took home, and then try to get those operating room tables completed. Ciao until later guys.

Jess.

These are the Yamato figures:
oji2846e.jpg
oji2847e.jpg

They are similar in style to the old Captain Action figures from the 60's. In fact I can't be certain that they didn't use Ideal's old molds. These figures are shorter than the average 1:6 figure out there today and work well for the apes as well as more youthful humans if you have the need. I am toying with the idea of Kryloning one to see if that would take care of the body color "problem". These bodies sell for $4.95 each thru OJI. Shipping from there can be killer and sometimes prohibitive, but maybe if we buy all together, the split the shipping...
Anyway just an idea, no need to rush it at this moment.

Hello IM! Who is OJI (A store)? Also, Could the hands be changed out for other types of hands? Thanks, Kent.:cool:

Last edited:
OJI is Old Joe Infirmary, a 1:6 figure and parts dealer. I've dealt with them in the past, the only deterrent, as I mentioned was the shipping costs. The forearms can be modified with a little work to accomodate other hands.

Thanks IM! I look forward to hearing the results of the cost of these items. Kent.:D

Well Jom, here is the brown haired version of the Wild Human with corn.

Jess, here are the Heiroglyphs that Snickertown made for me.:cool:

Well Jom, here is the brown haired version of the Wild Human with corn.

Kfog, those hieroglyphs are awesome! What are they made out of? That reminds me that I better make some corn for my market scene...I think I have a handle on how to make them.

Last edited:
These are the Yamato figures:
oji2846e.jpg
oji2847e.jpg

They are similar in style to the old Captain Action figures from the 60's. In fact I can't be certain that they didn't use Ideal's old molds. These figures are shorter than the average 1:6 figure out there today and work well for the apes as well as more youthful humans if you have the need. I am toying with the idea of Kryloning one to see if that would take care of the body color "problem". These bodies sell for $4.95 each thru OJI. Shipping from there can be killer and sometimes prohibitive, but maybe if we buy all together, the split the shipping...
Anyway just an idea, no need to rush it at this moment.

I think that's a great deal! The only problem I would see in the future about using these bodies for soldier apes are the boots and then the rest of the outfit. (I've done a removeable pair of leather boots for my Mego Ursus)...but they did take awhile and that's something you would have to think about if you go for these bodies.

How about buying a case of Ursus and splitting the costs including s/h fees? The Ursus bodies would take care of the body color, would have the ape boots, and the black hands that could be remedied (Angel knows the process), and it would already have that purple/grey outfit that matches the rest of the other soldiers. The only items that need to be made would be the vests, gauntlets and bandoliers. We should band together and take advantage of the supplies at Amoktime before they go. Even if I use an Ursus body for an Armando, having a black body underneath the outfit won't bother me at all.

Jess.

Last edited:
Here are the OR tables for the Mego scale. I still need to paint them but I really like how they are coming along. :chew

Someone cracked open their new jars of white Apoxie... :bunnydanc

Whoa! Very nice job on those sculpts Jess! Those operating tables look incredibly accurate! I love the melting rock effect on the base!!! In the movie, do the tables have some kind of hooks hanging from on them??? I'm thinking they do, but I could be very wrong.

It's so good to see all this new stuff being created. Maybe there are some others who'll get the apoxie and give it a whirl soon?!

Someone cracked open their new jars of white Apoxie... :bunnydanc:bunnydanc:bunnydanc

Whoa! Very nice job on those sculpts Jess! Those operating tables look very incredibly accurate! In the movie, do the tables have some kind of hooks hanging from on them??? I'm thinking they do, but I could be very wrong.

It's so good to see all this new stuff being created. Maybe there are some others who'll get the apoxie and give it a whirl soon?!

Angel, that's just cheapie Crayola Magic Clay. I am saving the apoxie for other good stuff--probably the nosejob on that Asian head and probably to tighten up the joints on some of the sideshows so that they could stand on their own.

I'm not sure about the hooks, but I was going to put some nails on the sides near where the hands are so the leather could hook there. Thanks for the compliments--I'm kind of pumped up about the tables. I was using my sketches as a reference--since I am so technically challenged and can't get my screencaptures to work. :monkey2 Well, time to put the movie on again. I'm going to try to work on the tent for the market scene now.

Jess.

What's giving you problems with the screen capture?

Tell me about this Magic Crayola Clay? Is it expensive, where to you buy it, and do you have to cook it in the oven?

Last edited:
I just plugged in the movie and captured these 2 pix of the operating room. I thought there was a hook mounted on the table. I was right. I don't know what it's for. I hope these help you. One table is even taller than the other.

Last edited:
Crayola Magic Clay feels rubbery and it's nontoxic. It's paintable and is very lightweight. It costs about $2.79 for 4 ounces. It took about 6 ounces total to cover up the two tables (there's green flower foam under there) including the legs (there's also flower foam under there supporting the structure). You can buy it at Michael's or Joanne's (I think even at Target) near the Crayola section for kids. It air dries in about 24 hours. I got white because it came in a big pack but it comes in other colors. It's not great for details, but for big stuff like the tables, it's a cheap way to go plus I don't have to bake it. It's definitely paintable with acrylic because I've done that before for my halloween costume.

When I try to screencapture, I get the black screen. I can hear it click as it takes a screencapture, and I can see the image. I click on another portion of the movie to screencapture another image--and when I look at the first image I took, it's the same as the newest image--they keep overwriting each other. When I exit out of the DVD and try to review the anycapture, whatever I took photos of are black. There is some kind of adjustment I have to do in the options of my display screen, but when I do that the DVD won't play. :monkey2. So basically, I play the DVD and when I get to a part I want to screencapture, I hit the pause button and I draw it on a scrap piece of paper and use that as a reference. Pretty damned sad.

Last edited:
I just plugged in the movie and captured these 2 pix of the operating room. I thought there was a hook mounted on the table. I was right. I don't know what it's for. I hope these help you. One table is even taller than the other.

Angel, thank you! I see things on your screencaptures that I could not see when pausing the DVD! These are very helpful. I didn't realize that the leather had two sets of holes for the arms and legs...and definitely I will put those hooks on the tables.

And it looks like I'm going to have to add more holes to the General's Nova costume that I didn't see before...

Can you do a quick screencapture of the tent at the market? There's also this piece of furniture in the operating room that also shows up at the market scene with some baskets on top. I'm not going to make that (actually it's behind the assistant on your first screencapture), but I just mentioned it because maybe you didn't notice it before.

Last edited:
THE GIANTS WIN AND THE PARTYING IS STILL GOING ON HERE IN GLENDALE ARIZONA!:fest:clap:clap:fest:fireworks:fireworks:duff:drink:ted:chug

THE GIANTS WIN AND THE PARTYING IS STILL GOING ON HERE IN GLENDALE ARIZONA!:fest:clap:clap:fest:fireworks:fireworks:duff:drink:ted:chug

The game was playing in the background but I was zoned out working on my O.R. tables. :monkey1 couldn't wait for them to dry so I have already painted them, and punched holes in the leather strapping too. When the kids came home they turned the tv to Nickelodeon somewhere in the fourth quarter and I didn't protest.

Jess.

If I still lived in the City it would probably be full of revelry, but out here in the boonies there's no hint of any sports madness.

What's giving you problems with the screen capture?

Tell me about this Magic Crayola Clay? Is it expensive, where to you buy it, and do you have to cook it in the oven?

Angel, maybe it's because I have a bootleg copy? I keep forgetting to bring home the DVD from the office...I'm going to try to do some screencaptures of another movie to test out this theory...Tested it out. I think I have to go with another screencapture software, like WinDVD or PowerDVD (as it says on the help of the AnyCapture site)...

I never noticed it before, but it looks like Nova is lying down on top of some padding, and Taylor is not--unless his body is so wide and you can't really see it from the angle of the camera.

Last edited:

I REALLY wanted those glyphs, darn it! How much did Snick charge for them?

Just like I was the last to arrive at the Super bowl party today, I'm now officially throwing my hat in the Armando ring. That makes 9!

So... what gorilla head is being produced again? Lots of pages of posts to read. You monkeys have been busy in my absence. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

I'm still holding out for that Rebel Chimp Che head without beret. Is there anybody else interested? :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Back