Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Ok now I see. IM suggested DML bodies, but they are true 1:6 scale and are too big for our simians. Angel, what are you going to do regarding the black vests, or will regular gorillas not wear them? I am now very tempted on going in for some more Ursus figures for more gorilla troops.

P.S. Angel you did get my response about your spare bridgekeeper right? I need one. He looks perfect for a savage human.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the black gorilla vests. I have plenty of the brown clothing that went underneath the SS gorilla. I gave away all of the extra black vests I had to people like KFog and Harry. I painted silver stripes on many of them and gave those away as well. They were all leftovers from hoard of Conquest apes I created. I never thought I'd need them STICKS.

Angel you did get my response about your spare bridgekeeper right? I need one. He looks perfect for a savage human.

I haven't had any time to check that out yet. I'm sure it's there. If you don't hear back from me soon, ask me again. I'm getting old and forgetful about some things. We'll talk soon... I THINK I'm catching up to you guys!

These are some nice scenes. I wonder how much other footage they may have that was never used, especially from the television series, which I also want to get. The television series has one and the final shot of the Icarus before it was retired for good.

STICKS: Have you ever bought from BUY.com ???

I buy tons of stuff from them.

You can get THE POTA TV series for $10.97 with free shipping if you use the Google checkout...

New Google Checkout Customers: Instantly receive $10 off your first Google Checkout order! Limit one per customer.

https://www.buy.com/prod/planet-of-the-apes-tv-series/q/loc/322/202862784.html

Check out the web address.

Well, I made it to the end and all of you have logged off. :(

I wish I was here to actually talking with you guys instead of being 5-6 pages behind the conversations.

It would be great if we all got together at 9PM on a Friday or Saturday night. It was great fun being here tonight! Sorry I was so late. :rip

Here are a couple of screen grabs I did regarding the female ape the Jessica saw... There are also a couple of cool pix here for Stickman to check out.

Last edited:
Ironman can someone be banned from this a thread for such talk???

Banished to the Forbidden Zone. Never to return! :monkey5

Stickman, the DML [Dragon] bodies work pretty well if you bend the knees a bit. I've also used BBi and Eversparkle bodies. Hey whatever works to keep the Apes alive, right?

Good morning - I'm just hanging out and playing in blue liquid rubber this morning. (Yawn) Need some brunch and some OJ.

Dang - There goes that tumble weed once again!

Jess - Did you work on those operating tables last night?

Sticks - more pix coming? I want to see the top portion of the amphitheatre near your Lawgiver Statue. I really like the idea of a few vines and some minor shrubbery. Perhaps even a little moss. I was in a store a couple days ago that sells train sets buying some paint. They sell many types of green grasses and mosses that would be just perfect. Rub some glue on your amphitheatre in the selected area and sprinkle the moss or grass on! Simple. It would look great!

IM suggested DML bodies, but they are true 1:6 scale and are too big for our simians.

BTW, I also had suggested the Yamato male bodies. Shorter than Dragon, a similar neck to Sideshow's POTA but only in caucasion. Shouldn't present a huge problem to the wonderful customizers here. Hell, most of the bodies are covered by the outfits anyway. If we could get a group deal together it might even be more feasible/financially beneficial.

Here are a couple of screen grabs I did regarding the female ape the Jessica saw... There are also a couple of cool pix here for Stickman to check out.

Angel, the female gorilla would be sitting at the right-most panel of the circular stone/room separators. She sits more to the right of this female on another bench by herself and she stands up and turns around briefly when Taylor runs behind the panel.

I was too tired to work on the operating room tables last night--will do this today. I have started them though and have a pair made. I need to work on the stands today and glue them down, and then paint the tables grey so they look like they are made of stone.

Jess.

Oh...I'm also working on the market scene (all in Mego scale) and have the supplies but haven't started yet except for some vegetables made out of clay that has already been baked. I'm kind of excited about this one but I haven't taken the plunge yet.

Last edited:
BTW, I also had suggested the Yamato male bodies. Shorter than Dragon, a similar neck to Sideshow's POTA but only in caucasion. Shouldn't present a huge problem to the wonderful customizers here. Hell, most of the bodies are covered by the outfits anyway. If we could get a group deal together it might even be more feasible/financially beneficial.

I'm in for a group deal if somebody can secure something feasible. I only need two bodies (one for Armando and one for Angel's gorilla). I also agree that the color of the body shouldn't be a major deal since they are always in costume. It's just the hands that need to be replaced.

Angel, I sent payment this morning for the gorilla head to your e-mail address.

Jess.

Last edited:
I'm in for a group deal if somebody can secure something feasible. I only need two bodies (one for Armando and one for Angel's gorilla).

Angel, I sent payment this morning for the gorilla head to your e-mail address.

Jess.

Great, hey, I'll go in to. IM Where, and When can we do this? It's all in your hands General. :lol

I'll take two for now as well. Armando and Gorilla #6. Maybe now I can use the Hasbro soldier uniform. :clap Angel, I guess those red boots will come in handy after all.

Jessica, After you finish with IM's Nova outfit, would you mind conquering the mighty task of creating a Gorilla Jerkin? No rush of course. :rolleyes::monkey3 I'm very excited to see the operating room tables. Does that mean you'll be getting Slave Taylor/Nova 2pk and Zira for sure? :monkey5 Amoktimes has some great prices and if you want to go in bulk, ask some of us, we may go in with you and split the cost. The Taylor/Nova 2pk sounds very tempting right now.

Angel, Thanks for the update on the POTA television series. I'm getting it for sure. Also, I know I need to email you, I will, I'm very busy today so maybe later tonight or tomorrow. I neglected to touch up on my city repairs last night so I have to jump on that. Also, I have a brother coming to stay with me for at least a month, He arrives today at 2pm and he'll be staying in my Studio/Livingroom. This creates a heavy traffic zone. :monkey4

General,
My troops report that last night they witnessed a strange amount of tumbleweed drift by the city. My guess, it was the filthy work of the evil mutants. They're helping to feed the dirty humans. I suggest we attack the corn fields soon.

Jess - Did you work on those operating tables last night?

Sticks - more pix coming? I want to see the top portion of the amphitheatre near your Lawgiver Statue. I really like the idea of a few vines and some minor shrubbery. Perhaps even a little moss. I was in a store a couple days ago that sells train sets buying some paint. They sell many types of green grasses and mosses that would be just perfect. Rub some glue on your amphitheatre in the selected area and sprinkle the moss or grass on! Simple. It would look great!

Hey Angel, I'm going to go work on it now and touch up all uplifted corners and overlaps. I can't wait to do the dressing of the set. I going to enjoy my first cup of coffee, read some Ape news, and then get to work. I have to put my case of mutant leaders away. I don't know why I got a case of these guys. :confused::lol I think I was hoping to make a cut out wall dio of a Mutant choir. All I need - two pews. I have plenty of wall space. Hmm. This may be my next project. By next, I mean next year. :rotfl

Great, hey, I'll go in to. IM Where, and When can we do this? It's all in your hands General. :lol

I'll take two for now as well. Armando and Gorilla #6. Maybe now I can use the Hasbro soldier uniform. :clap Angel, I guess those red boots will come in handy after all.

Jessica, After you finish with IM's Nova outfit, would you mind conquering the mighty task of creating a Gorilla Jerkin? No rush of course. :rolleyes::monkey3 I'm very excited to see the operating room tables. Does that mean you'll be getting Slave Taylor/Nova 2pk and Zira for sure? :monkey5 Amoktimes has some great prices and if you want to go in bulk, ask some of us, we may go in with you and split the cost. The Taylor/Nova 2pk sounds very tempting right now.

Angel, Thanks for the update on the POTA television series. I'm getting it for sure. Also, I know I need to email you, I will, I'm very busy today so maybe later tonight or tomorrow. I neglected to touch up on my city repairs last night so I have to jump on that. Also, I have a brother coming to stay with me for at least a month, He arrives today at 2pm and he'll be staying in my Studio/Livingroom. This creates a heavy traffic zone. :monkey4

General,
My troops report that last night they witnessed a strange amount of tumbleweed drift by the city. My guess, it was the filthy work of the evil mutants. They're helping to feed the dirty humans. I suggest we attack the corn fields soon.

Sticks, I'm working on the Mego scale for the operating tables, including the market scene. I don't know if I will finish it in time---I need to complete by next weekend at the latest, photography included.

What is a gorilla jerkin?

Jess.

Back