Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jess - here are a few pix I just came across in light of you mentioning The Hunt Leader. (Snick nailed it when he made that bandolier.)

Here are also a couple of the huts. I never noticed there were so many…

Thx! I'm becoming a bandolier expert. If you take a close look at the Hunt Leader figure you'll also see ANG's whistle. If you guys have any specific questions about the figure or need parts just email me. To do the "hairdo" you just need hair and glue and that head from Frontline.

What is SDCC?

I hate knowing that the available apes at Amoktime is steadily dwindling. :monkey2

Jess.

SDCC stands for the San Diego Comic Convention held in July. I don't know if you have heard of it but it is an amazing multi-media event. Sideshow is always there and will be showing their new product for the year. Perhaps we might get a peek of something Ape related. rolleyes:

This is gonna be my fifth time going. The first time I went was in 2004... I went mainly to see the Sideshow POTA prototype figures in person and to take TONS of photos. You must understand, I have been for YEARS for quality 12" Apes and this was going to be there first public showing (their first being Toy Fair held for toy insiders) and I wasn't going to miss it. And it was worth the pilgramage... I couldn't stop hovering over their display case. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

In 2005, I went and saw the last wave of POTA prototype figures on display and talked to Mat Falls and found out what a die-hard POTA fan he was and that is was he who was mostly responsible for getting the POTA line green lit.

Since then every time I go I like to stop by the Sideshow booth and at least say hi to Mat. I've had him sign a fgiure for me (the first Zaius I recieved and kept in the box) and a couple of POTA figure stands.

Perhaps this year he might have some news to share concerning any ape related movement from Sideshow. Or heck, I might just score a sweet deal from some seller who wants to get rid of his Ape stock.:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Thx! I'm becoming a bandolier expert. If you take a close look at the Hunt Leader figure you'll also see ANG's whistle. If you guys have any specific questions about the figure or need parts just email me. To do the "hairdo" you just need hair and glue and that head from Frontline.

Someday I will have to try making that hairdo.
Jess.

SDCC stands for the San Diego Comic Convention held in July. I don't know if you have heard of it but it is an amazing multi-media event. Sideshow is always there and will be showing their new product for the year. Perhaps we might get a peek of something Ape related. rolleyes:

This is gonna be my fifth time going. The first time I went was in 2004... I went mainly to see the Sideshow POTA prototype figures in person and to take TONS of photos. You must understand, I have been for YEARS for quality 12" Apes and this was going to be there first public showing (their first being Toy Fair held for toy insiders) and I wasn't going to miss it. And it was worth the pilgramage... I couldn't stop hovering over their display case. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

In 2005, I went and saw the last wave of POTA prototype figures on display and talked to Mat Falls and found out what a die-hard POTA fan he was and that is was he who was mostly responsible for getting the POTA line green lit.

Since then every time I go I like to stop by the Sideshow booth and at least say hi to Mat. I've had him sign a fgiure for me (the first Zaius I recieved and kept in the box) and a couple of POTA figure stands.

Perhaps this year he might have some news to share concerning any ape related movement from Sideshow. Or heck, I might just score a sweet deal from some seller who wants to get rid of his Ape stock.:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

PZ, you lucky guy. I hope there is good ape news regarding Sideshow.

Jess.

Check out the picture below. I've always thought that the Sideshow Cornelius looks a bit more like Galen (the surgeon) rather than Cornelius.

I don't know if any of you have seen this but it's a picture for an old Sideshow Catalog (it appears in both Volume 7 and 8) of Mat sculpting Cornelius with one of the reference photos he used for the sculpt.

matfallssculptingcornelxw1.jpg

I don't know if any of you have seen this but it's a picture for an old Sideshow Catalog (it appears in both Volume 7 and 8) of Mat sculpting Cornelius with one of the reference photos he used for the sculpt.

Wow. That is so neat to see him sculpting like that. I always thought that the paint job on the Cornelius SS does not show his soft side. He looks great but he also doesn't look very friendly, which makes him look awesome as a sharpshooter.

Jess.

PZ do you have any early photos of the Dr. Zaius sculpt before it went into production? I read that the prototype had more details than what went into the final production.

Jess.

PZ do you have any early photos of the Dr. Zaius sculpt before it went into production? I read that the prototype had more details than what went into the final production.

Jess.

Unfortunately, I do not have any unpainted wax sculpts of the good doctor. The only prototype shots I've found are the painted resin prototype ones posted back at the Sideshow web site. For some reason, they never replaced the proto shots with shots of the line product. Note the sculpted shoulder glyph on Zaius rather than the stamped production version.

zaiusprotoir5.jpg
zaiusproto2sk3.jpg

I just thought I'd post some of my pictures of SDCC of the past. Sorry if you've seen these before. :rolleyes:

SDCC 2004:
Sideshow Booth:
apestn7.jpg

apes2kz2.jpg

Portraits in History Booth: The Mort Haack Zaius Production Painting:
mortonhaackszaiusandmewg3.jpg

SDCC 2005:
Sideshow Booth:
moreapespn0.jpg

Meeting Mat Falls:
matwithzaiustz6.jpg

SDCC 2006:
Meeting Don Perdo Colley:
donperdocolleyje1.jpg

meandthedonkt6.jpg

Last edited:
I just thought I'd post some of my pictures of SDCC of the past. Sorry if you've seen these before. :rolleyes:

SDCC 2004:
Sideshow Booth:
apestn7.jpg

apes2kz2.jpg

Portraits in History Booth: The Mort Haack Zaius Production Painting:
mortonhaackszaiusandmewg3.jpg

SDCC 2005:
Sideshow Booth:
moreapespn0.jpg

Meeting Mat Falls:
matwithzaiustz6.jpg

SDCC 2006:
Meeting Don Perdo Colley:
donperdocolleyje1.jpg

meandthedonkt6.jpg

PZ, that is so awesome. So do you just go there because you are in the area--or is it job-related? In any case, you are so lucky to be able to be there. How exciting to be part of the unveiling of decent 12" figures of POTA--and hob-knobbing with the movers and shakers.

Jess.

PZ, that is so awesome. So do you just go there because you are in the area--or is it job-related? In any case, you are so lucky to be able to be there. How exciting to be part of the unveiling of decent 12" figures of POTA--and hob-knobbing with the movers and shakers.

Jess.

I live in Portland Oregon so San Diego is a bit of a trek. I am indeed lucky... my brother works in the film industry (he's a CGI artist) and he able to get Industry passes for the event. Plus, it has been the combined birthday gift from all of my family members to send me there for the past few years. I could not afford it any other way. :D

But the event is getter bigger and bigger every year. Last year every day of the SDCC four days, attendance hit over 100,000! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Here are the pix of Gorilla #5 and #6 that’ll be going out in the mail tomorrow. KFog is getting the 2 painted ones of gorillas #5 and #6. Stickman is getting the other painted #6 gorilla. (The last one belongs to me.)

The other 3 unpainted heads belong to Ironman and Jessica. The orange material on them is apoxie sculpt where I cleaned up the small imperfections. Once painted, you’ll never see it and the apoxie is stronger than the resin.

I’ll offer to make more heads for all you guys after I’m done making the Ape Wagon for Snickertown and Stickman. I want to start putting my time into that project so they don’t have to wait as long for it.

I hope you guys will be pleased with these heads.

~Angel~ :angelsmil

Angel this is exciting! I can't wait to put paint on mine. I think I'm going to get myself a Valentine's day present (ape-related, of course)

Jess.

That Mego Zira is now at $8K. That's crazy.

Hi Mark! I am anticipating getting them in. Wrap them up nicely as allways please. Nice work brother man! Thanks, Kent.:monkey5

Back