Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticks, KFog, Jessica and Ironman: Your ape heads are in the mail. Please let me know when they arrive.

I spent about 4 hours today finishing up these jail bars on the ape wagon. The bars no longer look “manmade”. I roughed them up quite a bit for a more rugged of look. You have to look closely at these pictures to see the irregularities, they now look much better because they look like a bunch of gorillas built these jail bars.

JJ would be so proud.

Angel, those are looking fantastic! You have really perfected the rough look of the wagon. It will look gorgeous when put together. Wow. I am speechless (and that rarely happens).

Jess.

A brother has stopped by to stay with me for a while. He's taking up my studio. I haven't been able to take any photos.:monkey2 I have two day long tests to do on Monday and Tuesday so I'm getting very anxious to get back to building my city.:monkey5

Sticks, I can't wait to see Ape City and how it's getting on. Let's get some photos soon!

And Ironman....I'm waiting for those photos!!

Jess.

Can I honestly say that I'm tired of this freaking market tent? I barely dented it and it's limping along. I couldn't even paint the O.R. tables today :monkey2

There's still a lot more to do. I was hoping to get it done this weekend. It is a project of monster proportions. I have a plethora of baskets done and some fruit that need painting.

I need to crack open the apoxie and finish the clothes rack and then make some shelves. It's never gonna get done. :monkey4

Jess.

I love seeing the courtroom scene in it's raw phase.

I really want to start working on the artful partitions for the courtroom scene. I'm thinking bout trying out that Crayola self-drying Clay Jessica was talking about. Jess do you think it would dry okay if it were 1/4" to 1/2" thick??? How strong is this stuff anyways? If it tips over at some point, will it break easily???

Sticks, KFog, Jessica and Ironman: Your ape heads are in the mail. Please let me know when they arrive.

I spent about 4 hours today finishing up these jail bars on the ape wagon. The bars no longer look “manmade”. I roughed them up quite a bit for a more rugged of look. You have to look closely at these pictures to see the irregularities, they now look much better because they look like a bunch of gorillas built these jail bars.

JJ would be so proud.

Angel, whoever purchased this wagon (Sticks and Kfog?) are getting way more than their money's worth...you should count yourselves lucky, whoever you are...

Jess.

I really want to start working on the artful partitions for the courtroom scene. I'm thinking bout trying out that Crayola self-drying Clay Jessica was talking about. Jess do you think it would dry okay if it were 1/4" to 1/2" thick??? How strong is this stuff anyways? If it tips over at some point, will it break easily???

Angel, you would probably be shocked. If it tipped over, it would bounce. It's very light. It would tear if you pulled it. For the partitions in the courtroom scene, I think it would do well--those do not look like they have any weight to support. I think it would be perfect for the partitions. You should test it out and see. It's not very strong so for this application I think it would be perfect. The O.R. table legs are about an inch thick at its thickest part, but I have some weight-bearing foam under there and the crayola clay is just there for looks.

Jess.

A brother has stopped by to stay with me for a while. He's taking up my studio. I haven't been able to take any photos.:monkey2 I have two day long tests to do on Monday and Tuesday so I'm getting very anxious to get back to building my city.:monkey5

I'm getting so forgetful Sticks... you did tell me that already. We've all been wanting to see more of Ape City. I love using your picture as my desktop picture!

What kind of tests do you have to take? More therapy?

Angel, those are looking fantastic! You have really perfected the rough look of the wagon. It will look gorgeous when put together. Wow. I am speechless (and that rarely happens).

Jess.

Whew! I'm glad to hear that you guys can actually SEE the difference. After all that work, I'd be really bummed if you didn't see the those details. It'll show up much better on the wagon once it's painted. Thanks for the positive comments all!

Can I honestly say that I'm tired of this freaking market tent? I barely dented it and it's limping along. I couldn't even paint the O.R. tables today :monkey2

There's still a lot more to do. I was hoping to get it done this weekend. It is a project of monster proportions. I have a plethora of baskets done and some fruit that need painting.

I need to crack open the apoxie and finish the clothes rack and then make some shelves. It's never gonna get done. :monkey4

Jess.

WHOA! Did you really make all that fruit Jess? And the baskets? That stuff is looking so dang good! I can't wait to see this little baby you're building. The clothes rack is going to look incredible amongst this stuff. (I love the architecture of the clothes rack in the movie.)

WHOA! Did you really make all that fruit Jess? And the baskets? That stuff is looking so dang good! I can't wait to see this little baby you're building. The clothes rack is going to look incredible amongst this stuff. (I love the architecture of the clothes rack in the movie.)

I hope I can make the clothes rack look good. Right now it's in its rough stages. I wasn't sure if I should do my regular clay I bake in my toaster oven or crack open the apoxie. I might chicken out and just sculpt it with regular clay. I don't know how smooth I can make the apoxie over the florist wire.

Yes, I did make the fruits and baskets. The baskets are just glued together bits of fabric, and the fruits were easy enough to sculpt. I still have to paint them, but tomorrow they should look better. I even thought of Kfog and made some ears of corn, but I didn't bake them....

Jess.

Jess.

Jessica, very cool ideas. Did you make those baskets?

Angel, whoever purchased this wagon (Sticks and Kfog?) are getting way more than their money's worth...you should count yourselves lucky, whoever you are...

Jess.

That would be Snickertown and me. we are both very excited. I'm building a city for a wagon! :lol

I hope I can make the clothes rack look good. Right now it's in its rough stages. I wasn't sure if I should do my regular clay I bake in my toaster oven or crack open the apoxie. I might chicken out and just sculpt it with regular clay. I don't know how smooth I can make the apoxie over the florist wire.

Yes, I did make the fruits and baskets. The baskets are just glued together bits of fabric, and the fruits were easy enough to sculpt. I still have to paint them, but tomorrow they should look better. I even thought of Kfog and made some ears of corn, but I didn't bake them....

Jess.

What's cool about the apoxie is its strength! That stuff can be made very smooth. Remember to keep a old bowl of water within reach (and an old rag) and keep your hands moist with water when work with it. By applying water, you can immediately make the apoxie very smooth. (Remember to wet your sculpting tools as well as your hands.)

What's cool about the apoxie is its strength! That stuff can be made very smooth. Remember to keep a old bowl of water within reach (and an old rag) and keep your hands moist with water when work with it. By applying water, you can immediately make the apoxie very smooth. (Remember to wet your sculpting tools as well as your hands.)

Thanks for reminding me about the water. I totally forgot about that. :monkey1
Jess.

Yes, you could tear it after it dried. In fact, I could pinch off portions of the O.R. table if I wanted to be mean to myself. It would peel like an orange.

Jess.

Oooooo - I'm not so sure I'll use the Crayola Magic Clay then. I could use apoxie. I could use some sculpy (or clay) and just cast it in resin if I think that others may want these partions. I would think that, in time, STICKS and SNICK would want them. STICKS do you think you'll ever want these artful paritions?

Last edited:
Back