InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Nazgul 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As everybody who was reading my recent posts probably already expected by now, I just caved and ordered the deluxe from kit with the sword.

What did it for me was turning on FOTR and watching the prancing pony and weathertop scenes. It immediately reminded me why I wanted this in my collection. Similar to Sandtroopers for SW, the Nazgûl embody everything I love about Lord of the Rings, so I need this in my collection.

I have one customized Asmus V1 Nazgûl, and bought the hands, feet, sword and belt from the V2 from toyanxiety a few years ago with the plan to build another at some point. If I still decide to go this route, I figured having the InArt in hand will also make it easier to copy their clothing template to make 2 more (I'll have to upgrade my V1 custom then as well).

Anyway, very excited for this!
Congrats. Respect you took the time to think about what you were doing, and why. (y)

Not like I every got just glassy-eyed and and leaped on a figure, that's why I ended up with 2 Artisan Black Widows on order and haven't even had the conversation with myself about letting one of them go. 😁

Plus, once it's in hand, you'll have a pattern of sorts to make more of the reins etc., so you can get different horses and customize if u want.

I'm opting for Legolas now and keeping things open for that Thorin later... because that figure sure does look fantastic.

Yeah, not like I need another Thorin, but I WANT that one. Plus picking up ASMUS' new Thranduil. And I've blown enough money on Aragorn including a horse and hair stuff AND picking up the Ranger cloak since InArt *&^$. But if they put out a stellar Thorin I'll say nice things about them. In 4 years when I get my figure.

Prefer a all in one pack but you never know. Might be separate releases
I’d prefer separate releases. These are classic characters that stand on their own; I don’t think they need to be locked behind a 2-pack or 4-pack.

Edit: but I personally wouldn’t care if Frodo and Sam are a 2-pack, those are the two I want and that’d be it for me for LOTR representation. Bonus points if they included Sméagol/Gollum despite the Two Towers/ROTK design not being in FOTR.

Last edited:
TBH - since just cruising through this thread - IMO buy the DX.

I like dioramas and buying my figs stuff. I bought Aragorn a horse. That will run you around ~200 minimum like for a Mr. Z horse.

Then there's the problem of the right kind of horse. Not every breed is out there as a 1/6, including an Andalusian which was Shadowfax.

The cost of well made tack is up there in 1/6 unless you plan to make your own. That's not "normal" tack either; not with all the straps, rings, etc. Save yourself the pain and get the Deluxe.
Yeah the price of the Nazgul himself doesn't seem worth it at all to me. So it's either get the deluxe or skip this altogether.

Fully agree, in terms of package vs price this is a deluxe or bust scenario for me as well.

Ok after checking out some Wonder Festival videos, I'm starting to think I might need one of these after all. The size of the horse is looking a lot better from a distance, and it gives you a better idea of how much presence this would have next to other figures and in a display.

View attachment 730695

View attachment 730698
Main problem with this (aside from the price being so high for a headless figure with only a few accessories), is that the preorder window happens at the same time with Legolas.

People will review the pricing and put their budget on Legolas instead, one of the main characters, with a great likeness of the actor.
Maybe people will just compromise using the asmus Nazgul instead and placing it at the background..

If that’s the case, will this be a rare figure in the future.. that I regret not having?

One click away from preordering the dx here. Please stop me.

Looks damn good there and it has so much more presence than the Legolas next to him....

am I the only one here who prefers the deluxe Nazgul to Legolas?

Well, assume a decent 1/6 horse is ~200$. A good set of 1/6 tack another 100$. Probable 150$ in this case, since it's specialty.

In Art is charging 30$ for an extra sword, so 3 diecast swords ~ 100$. (Edit - I guess if you can order through InArt the extra sword is free, but who knows about their shipping and I would want insurance and tracking).

So that's roughly $200 for the fig, even if they use cheap fabrics it's a lot of cloth; and ~100 for InArt, tho I left out their fancy box and the base. They're probably factoring in whatever molds they need to develop.

Not horrific, overall, at today's 1/6 prices. Probably overpriced; but the only pieces comparable are WETA and ASMUS both long sold out.
The set by default has presence; creepy Nazgul IMO have that.

I'd never encourage anyone to SPEND money. There's times - not often - I've picked up a piece and I know I'm getting gouged. But it's like a crusty old car mechanic told me once, "it's worth it to you". E.g. I know I got gouged but too happy with my purchase to care.

So yeah, of course you'll get gouged. Not as much as buying resale tho. Question is, will this piece make you happy 1 year from now, 3 years from now, 5 years from now? The other question being are you so strapped for cash that buying any "luxury good" is questionable.

This is a really solid take and breakdown on this set, I really appreciate it.

I still can't decide what to do.

It's really the price of the Nazgul itself. Almost $400 is just do damn high. The steed is about $300 on top, which is roughly what I was expecting.
So if I get him, I should go for the deluxe as I wanted - I feel it wouldn't make sense to only get the single.

But $720 (OSK, with sword) is just so much. I realized I've never spent that much on a single release. I've customized and upgraded figures where the sum of the parts was more in the end, but it was never in a single payment like that.

But as you said @davejames, the Nazgûl on steed will have so much presence. I love the look, and it would be a real eye catcher on my display.

But do I love the look and character that much to spend this amount of money on?

Yeah, I'm getting nowhere no far. :lol

I'm right there with you mate, this is such a hard decision and I came to the exact same conclusions as yourself.

Choosing Fred Armisen GIF by IFC

I’d prefer separate releases. These are classic characters that stand on their own; I don’t think they need to be locked behind a 2-pack or 4-pack.

Edit: but I personally wouldn’t care if Frodo and Sam are a 2-pack, those are the two I want and that’d be it for me for LOTR representation. Bonus points if they included Sméagol/Gollum despite the Two Towers/ROTK design not being in FOTR.

Fair enough. I just need the hobbits to go with the display, prefer to have all 4 at once. But two two packs sureley would be great for those who dont want all 4. These and Gimli are the ones i am hoping for are going to be next.

Back