Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Dought! Chris, that thing is awsome! Who said that you have to be exactly screen acurate. It complements your total collection and is eye candy for the rest of us. Keep up the great work bro. Later, Kent.:monkey5

Jessica, Snickertown

Thanks a bunch guys. My brother wants to help out. We both watched POTA and Beneath yesterday so we're both really motivated. I'm glad this stuff doesn't need to be movie accurate. I'm pushing on!

Gee, I wish I had that kind of support! Lucky guy...

Your Ape City ROCKS! I can't wait for more photos. They are the coolest.

Jess.

I'm just not always pleased with the way she looks. I'd love to see a good Linda Harrison done by someone.

Do you think somebody could repaint that face and make her look more like Nova, or is it a facial structure kind of thing that a good paint job could not mask? I would love to see a side-by-side comparison of the SS Nova and closeup of Linda Harrison to see what the differences are--if it's structural or if it's a question of a better paint job.

Jess.

Last edited:
I'm sure a good paint job would help, but for me, sometimes its the face, sometimes the body and other times the whole package.

Here is the current state of the market scene.

Angel, I am starting to really love the Apoxie. The wobbly clothes rack is now very strong. It needs some more Apoxie, a smoothing down with sandpaper, and then a nice paint job.

The fruits need some more drybrushing, but they are looking so delicious! I am leaving the melons as they are--I think they're perfect. I am taking the market scene slowly so that I don't become overwhelmed. It's coming along nicely and I'm getting excited!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Give your mates a little sweetness today.

Jess.

Last edited:
Hi Mark! I have checked my mail today and no Gorilla sculpts yet! :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2Were they sent out late Saturday by chance? Thanks, Kent.

They were sent out 1st class mail on Saturday. 1st class doesn't move as quick as Priority. Hang in there buddy.

Did anyone else receive thier gorilla heads yet???

Jessica, Snickertown

Thanks a bunch guys. My brother wants to help out. We both watched POTA and Beneath yesterday so we're both really motivated. I'm glad this stuff doesn't need to be movie accurate. I'm pushing on!

Hey Sticks - your ape wagon isn't movie accurate either. So it'll fit in just fine with your inaccurate city. :rotfl

Jess is right, they have to capture the feeling.

Angel, I got mine. THANK YOU!!
The Urko looks good. I don't know whether to keep him for talking/yelling scenes or to make a whole new ape of him, maybe Urko's long lost brother. :lol

Here is the current state of the market scene.

Angel, I am starting to really love the Apoxie. The wobby clothes rack is now very strong. It needs some more Apoxie, a smoothing down with sandpaper, and then a nice paint job.

The fruits need some more drybrushing, but they are looking so delicious! I am leaving the melons as they are--I think they're perfect. I am taking the market scene slowly so that I don't become overwhelmed. It's coming along nicely and I'm getting excited!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Give your mates a little sweetness today.

Jess.

Absolutely Incredible Jess! That fruit looks so real to me and that clothes rack is a real eye catcher! I love the design of it! I'm glad you're getting used to the Apoxie! You can work miracles with that stuff!

You're right Jess - It's funny how you have to really pace yourself so you don't get overwhelmed. (If it's not FUN, it's often not worth doing.)

I got mine late yesterday due to the weather.
Yes they both look GREAT. I wasn't expecting that the Urko could be that much better but the open mouth sure does add a whole new dimension to these figures!!
And, don't be so touchy! :monkey5

LOL, no you're touchy!! :monkey5
I'm an Urko fan if you hadn't noticed!! If I didn't think the other gorila worth it I wouldn't have ordered him. Or maybe he was going to be praised seperately in a forthcoming post.
Touchy! :monkey3

KFog, I forgot to say that I like your new avatar better than the last one because even though I knew it was Brent and Nova, it was too small to see all the details.

Jess.

Back