Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems inappropriate to sculpt any PotA items out of anything but APE-poxy Sculpt.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I need a couple ape clubs SNICK. I just started making one last night because I'm in need of a couple more. Think of me next time we make a trade.

ANG - How many clubs do you need? If you want to trade, how about some interior cockpit screen grabs of the icarus? There would be no rush. We're both inundated with projects.

KFOG - A club was in that envelope with the glyphs. Don't feel hoggish. Do you need more?

JESS - A photo of the egg crate type material I'm looking for is attached. Also, the first set of Zaius glyphs are finished. Now it's off to do the Zaius Beneath glyphs.

Last edited:
ANG - How many clubs do you need? If you want to trade, how about some interior cockpit screen grabs of the icarus? There would be no rush. We're both inundated with projects.

KFOG - A club was in that envelope with the glyphs. Don't feel hoggish. Do you need more?

JESS - A photo of the egg crate type material I'm looking for is attached. Also, the first set of Zaius glyphs are finished. Now it's off to do the Zaius Beneath glyphs.

SNICK - What kind of screen grabs are you needing of the Icarus? Interior? Exterior? Anything particular? I can do that for you.

Jess, I don't want folks getting too excited on my surprise. it nothing big and cannot compare to anything like the great stuff all of you have been showing.

Snick, if you happen to have any extra glyphs or clubs, PLMK. I am always in need of items to differentiate my apes.

Kfog, does the Bridgekeeper have the same short body as well? And, is he any easier to find?

Snick--the glyphs look fantastic! They are awesome! To me, the first set of glyphs at the very top always looked like a girl jumping rope. This is day and night compared to the first set you showed us. Other than the shine, as Angel has mentioned, they look perfect to me. They deserve a dancing Chewy: :chew

I will be on the lookout for that egg-crate type material, or something that resembles it. You never know where you may find it--or you may just have to make your own.
Jess.

Last edited:
SNICK - Is this material of teh Zaius glyphs sculpy? Why's it so shiny in the picture? Are you going to cast it so it's more durable?

The glyphs were sculpted in a clay that never cures. He used that material because it was easier to sculpt. It looks shiny because he had just sprayed them with a varnish to protect it during the molding process.

Once I have the Beneath glyphs finished I'll send them both out to be cast in a flexible rubber. Matt S. is casting it and anyone interested can pick up a set through him. I'll post when they are ready or you can contact Matt S. The more interest generated the quicker he'll move on it.

ANG - The interior spaceship cockpit shots are the screen grabs I'm after.

Iron/ANG How many gorilla clubs do you need? Just shoot me an email.

JESS & ALL - Thx for the nice compliment and the help on getting them straightened out. Now it's time to start the Beneath glyphs...so get your critical eyes ready.

More Nova:
MycustomPOTANova03.jpg

MycustomPOTANova04.jpg

and my "surprise", such as it is:
mycustom-POTAgorilla03.jpg

The glyphs were sculpted in a clay that never cures. He used that material because it was easier to sculpt. It looks shiny because he had just sprayed them with a varnish to protect it during the molding process.

Once I have the Beneath glyphs finished I'll send them both out to be cast in a flexible rubber. Matt S. is casting it and anyone interested can pick up a set through him. I'll post when they are ready or you can contact Matt S. The more interest generated the quicker he'll move on it.

ANG - The interior spaceship cockpit shots are the screen grabs I'm after.

Iron/ANG How many gorilla clubs do you need? Just shoot me an email.

JESS & ALL - Thx for the nice compliment and the help on getting them straightened out. Now it's time to start the Beneath glyphs...so get your critical eyes ready.

Will Matt S. cast the glyphs in the correct color? Just curious, but don't count me in because I have fun making my own stuff.

Jess.

More Nova:
MycustomPOTANova03.jpg

MycustomPOTANova04.jpg

and my "surprise", such as it is:
mycustom-POTAgorilla03.jpg

Ironman, the doll's color really shows off the costume. Thanks for posting it--it is exciting to see it like that.

Where did you get the sculpt for your surprise? I have never seen that before.

Jess.

Jess, its really not a sculpt per se. It started as a gray faced 1:6 gorilla mask. They pop up on ebay. I put it on an Eversparkle AA and repainted the face. It needs some fine tuning yet, nut it makes an intersting addition to the garrison.

This is an ODD picture of the Astronauts KFog. What do you suppose they're looking at? A sandcastle? A pile of dewkie? :google

It is the fragile plant they just uprooted from the arid landscape. :monkey4 :monkey2

Just got the Legacy collection and watched it yesterday with my brother, who is deathly ill with the flu :)confused:) No set building again today.:monkey2

I was disappointed to see how off my little city was. :monkey4 I almost want to abandon my project. :monkey4

Jess you really did do a great job on that Nova costume.

Angel the gorilla sculpt is top notch. I like him a lot and can't wait to pose him for photos. The camera and sticks are an awesome combo too, thanks a million. :D

IM that gorilla looks very mischievous.

It is the fragile plant they just uprooted from the arid landscape. :monkey4 :monkey2

Just got the Legacy collection and watched it yesterday with my brother, who is deathly ill with the flu :)confused:) No set building again today.:monkey2

I was disappointed to see how off my little city was. :monkey4 I almost want to abandon my project. :monkey4

Jess you really did do a great job on that Nova costume.

Angel the gorilla sculpt is top notch. I like him a lot and can't wait to pose him for photos. The camera and sticks are an awesome combo too, thanks a million. :D

IM that gorilla looks very mischievous.

Sticks, your Ape City is AWESOME! What are you talking about? It doesn't always have to be screen accurate! It captures the spirit and that's a huge motivating factor for everyone (especially me) in this thread.

Jess.

Will Matt S. cast the glyphs in the correct color? Just curious, but don't count me in because I have fun making my own stuff.

Jess.

Matt will paint the glyphs before sending them out. If you send him the Zaius coat he'll even attach them for you.

STICK - Don't stop making the city. You're on the right track. Just keep working it until you get it right. My projects never turn out right the first time. It took us two tries to nail the Zaius glyphs.

Hi Mark! I have checked my mail today and no Gorilla sculpts yet! :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2Were they sent out late Saturday by chance? Thanks, Kent.

Jessica, Snickertown

Thanks a bunch guys. My brother wants to help out. We both watched POTA and Beneath yesterday so we're both really motivated. I'm glad this stuff doesn't need to be movie accurate. I'm pushing on!

Back