Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Angel, what about the Ursus helmet and Galen you are working on? Any chance on casting them and selling them?

Hi Dr. Zaius - I'd love to do these for you guys. If there's enough interest next month we'll all talk about about the Ursus helmet and Galen . I need some time to focus on these three ape wagons and the Tribunal scene and the other 2 male mutants. :)

Here are the current state of my projects:

O.R. tables; Does it look rock enough? I think I will work on it again on Valentine's day, when I will be home early enough while it's still daylight.

Clothes rack--very rough stage; It was my first try with Apoxie.

Nosejob for the Qin Warrior. I managed to pop the head onto the body when I got home today. The neck part looks funky but he will be wearing a Mandarin collar anyway, so it will look fine.

Jess.

It all looks incredible Jess! You're cranking out some qulaity items, keep it coming. These items being made are inspiring me to keep up with you. That coat rack is coming along very nicley. You might want to try some copper electrical wire and put apoxie over that in the coatrack.

Last edited:
Iman, where are the up-close and in-your face shots that make you go :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

The costume looks great on Nova! You did very well Jess. Is that costume dark brown or black? The pattern and overall fit is just wonderful.

Ironman, you need to do something with Nova hair... I don't know what, but something.

Last edited:
The jail bars look great! This wagon is going to be fantastic.

JESS - The fruit turned out outstanding. It looks just like the film.

ANG - Luv the artwork on the partition. It's identical to that of the movie.

IRON - The Nova outfit is dead-on.

KFOG - The bando isn't a problem. I can make one.

Was somebody looking for a gorilla club? I have casts of the first movie version.

I need a couple ape clubs SNICK. I just started making one last night because I'm in need of a couple more. Think of me next time we make a trade.

What can I say? This thread totally rocks! Apes forever!

Thanks for the compliments guys--regarding the fruit, Nova costume and O.R. tables. It's a great outlet for my nervous energies and way faster than knitting.

Everyone's contributions to this thread just makes me want to be better. Snick your bandoliers are perfect. I can't wait to see your Dr. Zaius costume. How's the progress on that?

Sticks--I also can't wait to see more pics of Ape City.

Ironman--I wonder what your surprise is???

Angel, I checked out that air-drying clay. Here's what I googled about it:
Description: Activa® Activ-Clay™ is a dense, durable, air-drying modeling material. The fine grain allows for finer detail, and after drying is carvable, paintable, and light weight. Non-toxic and ready to use. 1 lb Terra Cotta- Wonderfully deep, rich red for making all kinds of projects with an old-world look. I got 1 pound for $5.00, but I haven't tried it yet. If the end product is comparable to apoxie, then it's way cheaper.

I tried to work with the apoxie again, and this time with a smaller batch so I wasn't as stressed out. I worked on a tiny amount--just a third of a melon ball scoop, and I made my sculpt last night much cleaner than when I first started on the other side of the clothes rack. I spent a good portion of time whittling away the apoxie from the first sculpt to clean it up, and didn't want to do that again.

PZ if you're reading this--this thread went ape again when you were gone.

Last edited:
It all looks incredible Jess! You're cranking out some qulaity items, keep it coming. These items being made are inspiring me to keep up with you. That coat rack is coming along very nicley. You might want to try some copper electrical wire and put apoxie over that in the coatrack.

Angel, are you kidding? I'm the one trying to keep up with you!

I have floral wire underneath the coat rack that I'm covering up with Apoxie, and for the moment it's behaving. Too bad the coat rack isn't so crude in the movie--it's going to be hard to replicate.

Jess.

Did anybody see the new Burger King toys they give out with kids meals, the ugly dolls with comb-able doll hair? I was wondering if those dolls had the same general shape as the General Ursus head--was thinking of trying to do major scalp surgery and give him real flowing hair (I will have 2 practice heads, after all, when my valentine's day present arrives)...Hmmm....a quick lunch time reconnaissance to verify the feasibility of this.

If I can pull off an Ursus with hair from a major scalp surgery and have it look good...that would be an accomplishment for me. Heck, I might even drill holes on the extra Ursus head and root his hair!! The attached pics are what I am aspiring to do...Someday perhaps...

Jess.

Last edited:
Everyone's contributions to this thread just makes me want to be better. Snick your bandoliers are perfect. I can't wait to see your Dr. Zaius costume. How's the progress on that?

Tell me about it. The bar has been raised so high these days I might have to dig up Mark Lenard's corpse to make my Urko figure.

The Zaius glyphs are almost finsihed and are looking really good. I'll take a photo of them tonight. After that I want to get Zaius' shirt fixed. I think it needs to be extended about an inch further. SS made a decent figure it's just up to us to bring it out.

BTW, any suggestions on how to recreate that sound proofing/egg crate material that's seen on the roof of the Icarus cockpit? It needs to be in 1:6 scale.

Thx for the bandolier compliment.

Tell me about it. The bar has been raised so high these days I might have to dig up Mark Lenard's corpse to make my Urko figure.

The Zaius glyphs are almost finsihed and are looking really good. I'll take a photo of them tonight. After that I want to get Zaius' shirt fixed. I think it needs to be extended about an inch further. SS made a decent figure it's just up to us to bring it out.

BTW, any suggestions on how to recreate that sound proofing/egg crate material that's seen on the roof of the Icarus cockpit? It needs to be in 1:6 scale.

Thx for the bandolier compliment.

Snick do you have a screenshot of this? From what I remember, it looks like those mattress pads that are foam...but I need to see a screenshot as a reference. I love treasure hunts and this might be one of those...
Jess.

Hi Snickertown! I would have asked you for one more of those great clubs, but I did not want to seem Hoggish. I thought that you did one hell of a job on it! Anyway, I will be satisfied with that fantastic looking Bandolier. Just let me know what I can send you. Also, get the clubs to Angel first. You guys and Jess are fantastic! Thanks, Kent.:monkey1

Oh Yea! Hey IM, the Bridgekeeper has the same exact body as the Apes, but in:monkey1 white.

What can I say? This thread totally rocks! Apes forever!

Everyone's contributions to this thread just makes me want to be better.

Angel, I checked out that air-drying clay. Here's what I googled about it:
Description: Activa® Activ-Clay™ is a dense, durable, air-drying modeling material. The fine grain allows for finer detail, and after drying is carvable, paintable, and light weight. Non-toxic and ready to use. 1 lb Terra Cotta- Wonderfully deep, rich red for making all kinds of projects with an old-world look. I got 1 pound for $5.00, but I haven't tried it yet. If the end product is comparable to apoxie, then it's way cheaper.

You're right! This thread does ROCK! Everyone's contributions to this thread inspires all of us to more more and do better!

Tell me more about this new air-drying clay as you learn more Jess. Where did you buy it? Who actually makes it?

I don't want my ape projects peeling like oranges... Hopefully this is better product than the Crayola self drying clay!

I'll be waiting on your review once you use it... no hurry Jess, believe me.

I'm going to watch a hockey game and make another mold for the ape wagon. I'll see you tomorrow. Same bat time. Same bat channel. :blackbat:blackbat

Last edited:
Back