Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
> I'm now getting sick. :monkey4 I'm not sure if it is going to be the flu or another cold that is sweeping the NW. :sick Ohh, this is no fun. My whole body aches and my nose is running a race I can't win. To top things off my little mouse pet I found outside last year blew his eye out. The whole eyeball left the socket and his head looked as if it was going to explode. :horror

I rushed him to the vet last week and he is doing better now, no tumor found last time. So this old, sick and broken man needs to bring the little guy in for a follow up tomorrow. I wouldn't have shared this gruesome fact unless it had a happy ending. Maybe it's time to switch his name from Wilbur to Popeye.

Jom thank you so much for this tip. I'm glad I stopped in tonight before taking my sick self to bed. I will look into this. I will need to look at the deadline. I get my lighting package in about a week or two. I ordered a couple of the Mole Richardson (Inbetweeinie, Betweenie) lights from B&H.

Yes, I've been monitoring your progress of that tribunal... I've been VERY impressed with your results. So much so.. that is why I changed my signature pic to one of the tribunal. I have orangs on the brain, thanks to you!:monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Any photo update of your project is and will be greatly appreciated. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Hey PZ, you must be in "orangutan heaven" with the cool glyphs SNICK had made up by Matt.

I started the preparation in making a mold for the Partition Artwork to the left and right of the Tribunal table. :ted I'm hoping to get that done over the next 2 days. My dad is visiting from NY and wants to see the entire process.

Oh by the way, Angel do you have the (L+W) of the wagon? When set construction resumes I want to make sure I leave plenty of room for that prop.

Welcome back STICKS, sounds like a really rough week for you. Hope those troubles are all behind you now.

I'll get the wagon measurements to you this weekend buddy.

New Arrival - Brent from Beneath the Planet of the Apes

This is a private sale. I will receive order for 1 week until Mar 7, 2008. If you are interested to purchase, pls send US25 directly into my Paypal account: [email protected]

With the subject stating: Brent

Where did this Brent come from? Did you sculpt it yourself? Looks a bit more like Brent to me.

Welcome back STICKS, sounds like a really rough week for you. Hope those troubles are all behind you now.

I'll get the wagon measurements to you this weekend buddy.

Thank you very much my friend. I will be taking it real slow this weekend. I took some quick shots of your sculpt, for the other members to see. The sheen is from the flash and not due to glossy paint. I love the sculpt, thanks a bunch Angel.

IMG_0188a.jpg
IMG_0187a.jpg

Jessica & PZ, thanks for the kind words back there.

Jom, thanks a bunch for the contest link. I guess there was an underlying reason for me to build the city. How cool would it be to make a Planet of the Apes commercial for SideShow?! Hopefully I can top my last years piece and make my Ape brethren proud.

Time to go back to bed. :wave

Uh....not for $70+ bucks I'm not getting him...Thanks PZ for answering the question, though. I will keep checking to see if the price comes down.

I have a backup plan...I'm going to make my own leather riding boots for my Dr. Zaius. I will use my marauder gorilla soldier boot as a model to get the appropriate sizing, and then I will wet the leather myself and pin it to death on a structure with the toe dents so that I could use those glyphs.

Regarding the glyph gloves--I am chewing on ideas. Do you know if the hands of these sideshows pop off easily without damaging?

Jess.

There was an Ebay auction for that exclusive Zaius that ended last week with nobody bidding him... and the starting bid was a reasonable $37.

Where did this Brent come from? Did you sculpt it yourself? Looks a bit more like Brent to me.

No, I didn't make this Protozaius. I received an e-mail with Brents picture and I thought I'd share it here. I didn't mean to confuse you. I should have explained.

New Arrival - Brent from Beneath the Planet of the Apes

This is a private sale that I was e-mailed about. If you are interested to purchase, send $25 directly to Paypal account: [email protected]

With the subject stating: Brent

I like the tunic and Gaunletts that I received from Matt Sotis/Snickertown. They really compliment Angels Gorilla sculpt. (The whistle is Angels and the Club was made by Snickertown). The other pictures contain my future version of Dodge and a comparison of a 10" to a Ape Sideshow figure. I plan on using the 10" figure as Teen Chimps such as Lucius:monkey5

Last edited:
I am starting over with my ANSA outfit. :monkey4 I cut the jacket too short, and no amount of patch up is going to cover the error. If I can replicate the sleeves it would be awesome. I am not taking apart the first one I made because I am using it for a reference/pattern.

I was also trying to put together a paper replica of the Icarus, and it seemed so easy at first...I am just about to give up the ghost on that project. :monkey2

Kfog, I don't recognize the orangutan on your latest post. Is that a naked Dr. Zaius? I also like the Snick/Sotis collaboration on the vest. It does look good with Angel's sculpt.

Jess.

Kfog, I don't recognize the orangutan on your latest post. Is that a naked Dr. Zaius? I also like the Snick/Sotis collaboration on the vest. It does look good with Angel's sculpt.

Jess.[/QUOTE]

Hi Jess! Yes, that is a naked Zaius figure. I was comparing the SS version to the 10" figure standing next to him. I think that the 10" figure would be the perfect size for a Teen Chimp such as Lucius. On the Gorilla, I would like to dye/change the purple shirt and pants into a darker Plumb color to match the movie version. The plumb color may need a tad of brown to be correct. I wish you luck on the Astronaut uniform!:rolleyes:

I like the tunic and Gaunletts that I received from Matt Sotis/Snickertown. They really compliment Angels Gorilla sculpt. (The whistle is Angels and the Club was made by Snickertown). The other pictures contain my future version of Dodge and a comparison of a 10" to a Ape Sideshow figure. I plan on using the 10" figure as Teen Chimps such as Lucius:monkey5

Kent,

Is this Angels Gorilla sculpt #5? I like this one too. He almost looks like Aldo. Oh, excuse me, General Aldo.

I hate to tell you this guys... but I'm really not liking that Matt Sotis/Snickertown Vest and Gauntlet set. Those Gauntlets look a bit clunky and the vest doesn't seem to sit right.

I prefer the Sideshow clothing.

Kent,

Is this Angels Gorilla sculpt #5? I like this one too. He almost looks like Aldo. Oh, excuse me, General Aldo.

Hi Stickman! Yes, that is the #5 Gorilla sculpt. I also thought the same thing and was going to make him into "General" Aldo. Pretty cool sculpt huh?:monkey1

I hate to tell you this guys... but I'm really not liking that Matt Sotis/Snickertown Vest and Gauntlet set. Those Gauntlets look a bit clunky and the vest doesn't seem to sit right.

I prefer the Sideshow clothing.

Is what I really like about the tunic and Gauntletts is that they are a little more film accurate as far as the Horizontal design and color!:cool:

I am starting over with my ANSA outfit. :monkey4 I cut the jacket too short, and no amount of patch up is going to cover the error. If I can replicate the sleeves it would be awesome. I am not taking apart the first one I made because I am using it for a reference/pattern.
Jess.

Can your ANSA uniform fit on a female figure?

Snick, you wouldn't any time soon be doing any glyphs of the President of the Assembly, would you????? :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Every time I see PZ posting, my eyes are glued to the glyphs of the President when I see his signature line...

Jess.

That's actually an ANG project. The figures I have left to make are Zira, Burke, Virdon, Urko & Armando.

Back