Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, i'm producing the classic glyphs as well, but your's will have to ship seperately as i mailed your Beneath glyphs today. Don't worry, your covered. I should have the test pull for the classic glyphs out of the mold tonight, so pics should be forthcoming. Matt

Matt, I sent additional $$ for Dr. Zaius' Minister of Science glyphs.

Jess.

PZ, I think fabric glue is best because it is quite flexible. I have had great success in gluing rubbery stuff onto fabric with fabric glue.

Yes, i'm producing the classic glyphs as well, but your's will have to ship seperately as i mailed your Beneath glyphs today. Don't worry, your covered. I should have the test pull for the classic glyphs out of the mold tonight, so pics should be forthcoming. Matt

What is meant by the "classic glyphs"? I know what the "Beneath glyphs" are. Does Zaius have some glyphs in the first movie? I'll have to check that out. Wait a second, classic glyphs are on the the coat of my Sideshow figure. Were they redone by someone here? Snick? Matt? Did I miss pictures?

I only saw these...

Last edited:
Did I miss pictures?
None available yet. Snick had commisioned his sculptor to create both the Zaius glyphs from the Beneath outfit and the outfit from the first ("classic") film. I molded the "classic" glyphs this weekend and are just getting the first run out of the mold now. I'm still experimenting with the color, so as soon as i have a set completed, i'll have pics so you can compare them to the sideshow figure.

Speaking of sculptors, attached is the first photo of the Icarus chair. It's being made in such a way that it can be reproduced.

Matt - Thx for handling the glyphs!

Snick--are you making the chair yourself? That's very awesome. I wonder how the metal parts of the chair will be...I'm getting excited, too. Too many ape ideas running through my head now!!! :chew

I worked on the hump on the back of my ANSA suit---I have tamed it! The bottom edge of the jacket is now even all the way around, and I didn't have to start over from scratch. I took apart the side seams and the rear shoulder seams just up to the top of the sleeve on both sides of the jacket and re-sewed by hand. There is one minor lump left from extra fabric at the base of the neck, but that will be taken care of when I attach the collar. Good God this sewing is quite a challenge...

Jess.

Last edited:
Snick--are you making the chair yourself? That's very awesome. I wonder how the metal parts of the chair will be...I'm getting excited, too. Too many ape ideas running through my head now!!! :chew

Jess.

Jess - The guy who sculpted the glyphs is making the chair/cockpit.

ANG - The chair is made out of an oil based clay. I'm going to have to mold it and cast it. Your photos made the job much easier.

I'll post a photo of the fabric glue that I'll be using.

ANG & Jess Thx for the kind words regarding the chair. I'll keep the pix coming.

Jess - Great job taming the ANSA jacket!

Wow, so much work being made in this thread. I'm feeling better now, and can't wait to resume with Ape City. I am hoping to have some test shots up by early next week.

I am crossing my fingers to begin filming on the 17th, St. Patty's Day. I'm a true O'Dell (just lost the ' coming through Ellis Island) and we put down the O'Douls on this special day, so I'll need to be careful. :lol

Snick, those Glyphs rock.

Jessica great job on the jacket, it's really coming along nicely. Great stitch work, and Thank You! That was so nice of you. :D

Wow, so much work being made in this thread. I'm feeling better now, and can't wait to resume with Ape City. I am hoping to have some test shots up by early next week.

I am crossing my fingers to begin filming on the 17th, St. Patty's Day. I'm a true O'Dell (just lost the ' coming through Ellis Island) and we put down the O'Douls on this special day, so I'll need to be careful. :lol

Jessica great job on the jacket, it's really coming along nicely. Great stitch work, and Thank You! That was so nice of you. :D

Stick!!! I hope you are feeling better now...can't wait to see how Ape City progresses...seeing your photos really rev my engines up and make me want to do more. I get so inspired...

Jess.

Last edited:

Great to hear from you, Sticks. Time to march to Ape City!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Can't wait to see more pix. With your permission I'd like to make copies of your pics so I can show Mat Falls at SDCC what we Apes are up to. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

And Jess, that jacket is coming along quite nicely. :D

Snick, I was just looking at the chair again...I'm sure your sculptor must be sighing with relief--this chair is wayyyyyyy easier than the glyphs for Dr. Zaius....

Jess.

Great to hear from you, Sticks. Time to march to Ape City!!! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Can't wait to see more pix. With your permission I'd like to make copies of your pics so I can show Mat Falls at SDCC what we Apes are up to. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

And Jess, that jacket is coming along quite nicely. :D

When is SDCC this year PZ? Of course you can, and hopefully I can get you some Really nice ones soon.

When is SDCC this year PZ? Of course you can, and hopefully I can get you some Really nice ones soon.

The con runs July 23-27. I'm hoping to get pictures of your Ape City, the Mutant Jail and ANgel's Ape wagon (among other things) to show Mat. :D

Proto...

I'd be honored if you showed him shots of my Nova Costume and "New York is a Summer Festival" Poster!

All this great work needs to be seen by a Sideshow Rep. Maybe... Just maybe... They'll see such a strong core interest in the franchise that they may consider re-launching the line!

I forgot about that poster, Jungle--that was a beautiful piece of art that you did-how could I forget that one? And of course your Nova outfit cannot compare to the original Sideshow...it does the movie justice.

I just wanted to show you guys how far I got making my Icarus paper model before I decided it was dead in the water. I kind of messed up the sides and gave up halfway. :monkey2 It looks beautiful though, even though it's not complete. Guess anything Planet of the Apes related is beautiful to me. I think I need to reprint and re-do when I am more focused. Anybody ever put these paper models together? Looked easy at first but it's a difficult task. Maybe I needed better scissors, but I wasn't about to use my Gingher shears on paper...

Guys, I think I am almost done with the ANSA outfit! I just need to add another snap on the front of the jacket and sew the belt of the jacket on. I completed embroidering the fake pockets on the pants and managed to sew a mandarin collar on it this evening. I can almost smell the finish line...All I have to do now is paint Colonel Taylor's head. Do you think I should add Forbidden Zone dirt onto the outfit (like on his elbows and knees) before I take his official portrait and call it a day and move onto my other WIPs?

Ugh...I forgot I have to make him a backpack too...
Jess.

Last edited:
Snick, I was just looking at the chair again...I'm sure your sculptor must be sighing with relief--this chair is wayyyyyyy easier than the glyphs for Dr. Zaius....

Jess.

It's the sigh before the storm. This Icarus project is insane. Last night the sculptor said: It's not too late to bail! I know he's intimidated.

Jess - The paper Icarus looks fantasic. I hope that you return to it.

Jess - My vote would be for the clean Taylor. You can always dirty him up.

Last edited:
Angel do you want me to send you the Icarus model so you can try it yourself?

I forgot that my Taylor also doesn't have any shoes and that's another something I will have to rig. The weekend is almost here--hurray! That means I can definitely start trying to paint his head and will have natural light to work with.

Jess.

It's the sigh before the storm. This Icarus project is insane. Last night the sculptor said: It's not too late to bail! I know he's intimidated.

Snick, WHAT EXACTLY are you making of the Icarus? :google There are so many components within the Icarus--I'd be scared, too.

Jess.

Back