Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasslein - Can you post a picture of the Armando clothes [1/6 scale] that you'll be using? I'd like to see what you planning on.

I don't have a camera to get the image in. The figure I previously used was the decapitron (see thumbnail), changed out the body, dumped the jacket & boots, it looks similar to the original decapitron figure, with a soldier of the world jacket that is very similar to Armando's, but the color is too light.

Angel, I started the blouse this evening. I even put a neck facing and I'm toying with the idea of a "fake front." After this outfit I doubt I will have enough fabric to do another--you will definitely own the only 1:6 outfit in this print. Bummer that I did not purchase anymore. I went to the store where I bought it from and they no longer had it.

March 19: The Lawgiver hydrospan project has been canned. It was going to cost $125 to get the thing started. But that doesn't mean that I don't want to sculpt one myself now. Darn project--thinking about it kept me up again all night. This afternoon it's going to be difficult to stay awake in the office...

Jess.

Last edited:
Hi Angel. Where the kitchen isle would be. They have the rubbery liners that you set drinking glasses on. Dish racks and things like that. The liners are rolled up.:monkey1

Excellent! This should narrow down the search. I'm headed to Walmart after work. I hope this works because it will be a real hassle to mold this stuff. Thx again!

Angel, I started the blouse this evening. I even put a neck facing and I'm toying with the idea of a "fake front." After this outfit I doubt I will have enough fabric to do another--you will definitely own the only 1:6 outfit in this print. Bummer that I did not purchase anymore. I went to the store where I bought it from and they no longer had it.

March 19: The Lawgiver hydrospan project has been canned. It was going to cost $125 to get the thing started. But that doesn't mean that I don't want to sculpt one myself now. Darn project--thinking about it kept me up again all night. This afternoon it's going to be difficult to stay awake in the office...

Jess.

Jess, do you still have the original receipt? Maybe it has a code on it that they could use to order the same material once again.

I see the similarity Hasslein. This coat reminds me of the leather jacket Armando wore at the end of ESCAPE. (Yet it could also passably double for the Conquest coat he wore.) I think Armando wore a dark leather coat as the circus cage pulls up to him with baby Milo. That's a pretty good find!

There was a "stealth" version of the figure, the entire outfit was the same but all black.

PZ, I just noticed the resemblance between the Lawgiver and your avatar. Am I seeing things? I'm obsessing now...

Angel, if you have a moment, can you post a screenshot of an ape standing next to the Lawgiver? I need to know how large to make him. I'm just collecting references and doing my homework before I start on the project.

If you visit this website, there is a photo of Bright Eyes peeking behind the Lawgiver that I have never seen before. It's towards the bottom of the page. There are 4 or 5 pics that I had never seen before and thought you guys should check it out.

https://charltonhestonworld2.homestead.com/PlanetOfTheApesPg4.html

Jess.

Last edited:
PZ, I just noticed the resemblance between the Lawgiver and your avatar. Am I seeing things? I'm obsessing now...

Angel, if you have a moment, can you post a screenshot of an ape standing next to the Lawgiver? I need to know how large to make him. I'm just collecting references and doing my homework before I start on the project.

If you visit this website, there is a photo of Bright Eyes peeking behind the Lawgiver that I have never seen before. It's towards the bottom of the page. There are 4 or 5 pics that I had never seen before and thought you guys should check it out.

https://charltonhestonworld2.homestead.com/PlanetOfTheApesPg4.html

Jess.

That's funny, Jess... I've always privately thought that the subject of my avatar pic was the basis of the Lawgiver... seeing that there is a bit of a resemblance. But I've never had any facts to back up that idea. Here's the full pic:
protozaiusnl2.jpg

As you can see he is wearing a prototype costume that was not used in the final film. That's why I use it as my avatar... get it... he is a prototype orangutan or a "Proto Zaius". :rolleyes:

Anyway....

As for the mysterious Taylor pic, I remember hearing that the chase around the city in the first film was longer originally. He is even suppose to be in water at some point (there is a card from the Inkworks POTA trading card showing the scene). The Lawgiver statue that I believe Taylor is hiding behind in your pic is the same statue that is in the background (right behind the charging gorillas) of these two screenshots:
pdvd055mx0.png

pdvd056rx8.png

That's funny, Jess... I've always privately thought that the subject of my avatar pic was the basis of the Lawgiver... seeing that there is a bit of a resemblance. But I've never had any facts to back up that idea. Here's the full pic:
protozaiusnl2.jpg

As you can see he is wearing a prototype costume that was not used in the final film. That's why I use it as my avatar... get it... he is a prototype orangutan or a "Proto Zaius". :rolleyes:

Anyway....

As for the mysterious Taylor pic, I remember hearing that the chase around the city in the first film was longer originally. He is even suppose to be in water at some point (there is a card from the Inkworks POTA trading card showing the scene). The Lawgiver statue that I believe Taylor is hiding behind in your pic is the same statue that is in the background (right behind the charging gorillas) of these two screenshots:
pdvd055mx0.png

pdvd056rx8.png

PZ, I have seen that photo of Taylor in the water, but I couldn't imagine where it could have been in the movie. I never got it regarding your name. That is really cool. For some reason I thought Proto was because you liked proteus flowers. I don't know why I thought that.

Jess.

PZ, I have seen that photo of Taylor in the water, but I couldn't imagine where it could have been in the movie.

Taylor's blanket seems to keep changing. When he runs it's above his knees, when he's in the cage it's down to his ankles, when he is in the outside cage it's below his knees. I made a blanket and thought it was too short. Now I don't know.

KFOG - A big THANK YOU!!!!! for your Walmart tip. In the isle that has the dish liners I found a jar-lid opener that is perfect for the Icarus ceiling. The price is 88 cents for 6 of them. Not only did you point me in the right direction, you saved me close to $50. My sculptor and I were going to have to create the roof from scratch and it wasn't going to be easy.

Taylor's blanket seems to keep changing. When he runs it's above his knees, when he's in the cage it's down to his ankles, when he is in the outside cage it's below his knees. I made a blanket and thought it was too short. Now I don't know.

Snick, I never realized his blanket kept changing. Guess I'm too busy absorbing the apes when they are onscreen that I tune him out...

Jess.

KFOG - A big THANK YOU!!!!! for your Walmart tip. In the isle that has the dish liners I found a jar-lid opener that is perfect for the Icarus ceiling. The price is 88 cents for 6 of them. Not only did you point me in the right direction, you saved me close to $50. My sculptor and I were going to have to create the roof from scratch and it wasn't going to be easy.

Wow, that is fantastic! I am glad that I can help. Is there anything else that I can keep my eyes peeled for one and all? Thanks, Kent.:cool:

Snick, I never realized his blanket kept changing. Guess I'm too busy absorbing the apes when they are onscreen that I tune him out...

JESS - I agree. The movie is 40-years-old and the only reason I noticed it was trying to do a "Ragz Taylor." Since it's a blanket it's probably pulled up in some spots and let loose in other spots. The end result is: I don't want to re-do my Taylor threads. :)

KFOG - Thx for the offer. The ceiling was the biggest concern. The next stage in completing the space ship is getting the instrumentation for the front panel.

I ape-olo-gize for the lack of photos in both the spaceship and the Armageddon Zaius figure. The batteries died in my camera.

I ape-olo-gize for the lack of photos in both the spaceship and the Armageddon Zaius figure. The batteries died in my camera.

Snick, did you use an exclusive Zaius for the Armageddon outfit with Matt's new and improved thinner glyphs, I wonder?????? I am excited to see photos of how it turned out!!!

Jess.

Snick, did you use an exclusive Zaius for the Armageddon outfit with Matt's new and improved thinner glyphs, I wonder?????? I am excited to see photos of how it turned out!!!

Jess.

JESS - I'm still waiting for the new and improved thinner glyphs to show up. I will be using the Exclusive Zaius for that purpose. Currently, I'm redoing the sleeves.

Did your thinner glyphs arrive?

JESS - I'm still waiting for the new and improved thinner glyphs to show up. I will be using the Exclusive Zaius for that purpose. Currently, I'm redoing the sleeves.

Did your thinner glyphs arrive?

I told Matt to take his time because I've got way too many ongoing projects. Plus, I still have to procure another Dr. Zaius...And why are you redoing the sleeves? Are you adding a fake vinyl section?
Jess.

I'm still waiting for the new and improved thinner glyphs to show up. I will be using the Exclusive Zaius for that purpose. Currently, I'm redoing the sleeves.

How difficult is it to remove the shoulder patches? I haven't really looked to see how elaborately they are attached. I wasn't going to order the glyphs until I saw the photo with them on, now I have to have them. Is there a photo posted somewhere of the other "standard" Zaius with glyphs applied?

Angel, if you have a moment, can you post a screenshot of an ape standing next to the Lawgiver? I need to know how large to make him. I'm just collecting references and doing my homework before I start on the project. Jess.

Jess - Sure I'll get you some pix. I'm confused though. Do you mean The Lawgiver Statue as seen in the 1st movie, or The Lawgiver (Actor John Huston) from Battle POTA?

I told Matt to take his time because I've got way too many ongoing projects.
Hiya Stranger! The glyphs should arrive momentarily. I shipped PZ, Kfog's, and yours on Monday. I am looking forward to your reaction.

Jess - Sure I'll get you some pix. I'm confused though. Do you mean The Lawgiver Statue as seen in the 1st movie, or The Lawgiver (Actor John Huston) from Battle POTA?

Angel, forgot about John Huston. I meant the Lawgiver statue in the first movie. I got some cool pics from Apemania site, but could you get me a screenshot of an ape standing near or next to it so I can make the height accurate?

Back