Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PZ,

You have had the privilege of actually looking at real costumes. What kind of fabric did they use for the orangutans? I was just curious. And have you ever laid eyes on a chimp costume? I am super curious to know what kind of fabric they used for those. I am thinking they used a real lightweight wool.

I won't be blabbering much tomorrow, guys. I have to attend a seminar and I won't be in front of a computer...whoopie.

Jess.

Last edited:
Why did I share this? I'm going to have a small metal brass plate made at the trophy shop that says MENDEZ XXVI. I'll mount it on the pedestal below the 1/6 scale Mendez bust. If I ever make copies of the bust [and pedestal] for you guys, you'll understand the engraving. :)

ANG - That's very thoughtful of you. Thank you.

I thought you were building up to reveal that you were making the Alpha Omega control device. If it's alright, I'm going to sit back and see if some body, like yourself or Jess, tackles that. If so count me in for one.

JESS/ANG - That damn Zira dress is smoking!!!

Enjoy the seminar.

Hi all! I wanted to get some feedback on these sculpts that I had painted:cool: a couple years back. I may use him for my Brent sculpt and refer him to the rest of you including Snickertown, Matt, and Angel of course.

These Unforgiven sculpts were painted by Shawn and are spectacular. I am just using these painted sculpts for reference to maybe using the painter for the Armondo and Brent. I will need feedback though. Angel, Snickertown, Matt, Sticks, Jom, Jess, Protozaius, Ironman, anyone?:D

Kfog,

Did you paint the first set of photos? If you did, you did very well! They look pretty real to me!! And of course, the Unforgiven paint job is awesome, too. Thanks for posting them. It's great to see different works of art out there so that I could learn/absorb the styles and try to make my own.

Kfog, it looks like the Taylor on my Mego was a shrunken down version of that sculpt you have for your Taylor! I recognize those spit curls anywhere...

Does anybody know how to color the plastic of these figures so that if you have them bare chested they don't look so pale?

Jess.

Kfog,

Did you paint the first set of photos? If you did, you did very well! They look pretty real to me!! And of course, the Unforgiven paint job is awesome, too. Thanks for posting them. It's great to see different works of art out there so that I could learn/absorb the styles and try to make my own.

Kfog, it looks like the Taylor on my Mego was a shrunken down version of that sculpt you have for your Taylor! I recognize those spit curls anywhere...

Does anybody know how to color the plastic of these figures so that if you have them bare chested they don't look so pale?

Jess.

Hi Jess! I used a painter that works for Red Planet Toys. I really like Angels and Snicks painted sculpts, but thought I would show them another painted version. I donot intend to offend, but to just show a different style. Thanks, Kent.:D

Yes, it's awesome to see the different styles of painting. That's the only way to learn for me, to study what's out there and come up with my own.

Jess.

Any luck today?

Wow Jessica, your dress fits Zira very nicely. You did a beautiful job. I can't wait to see her back in the line-up, so I can see how she really stands up and stands out. What a great job.

Kfog- to me, those first three sculpts would be great for a 7th Calvary regiment. :monkey3 Just what I'm looking for. Sadly, none of them say Brent to me.

I will have a lot of extra footage that probably will not be used so I can probably show some pictures that won't make the final edit soon.

Angel, when this is all said and done, I'll shoot you some pics or just show what I can here. I'm thinking it's SideShow's set now. :rolleyes: But I'll take care of you. Too bad the other ones were too small and you couldn't see much.

Hey Jom! Glad you're back - Of course you were missed. :joy

Jessica that outfit looks fantastic! One of the first things I did when the hasbro line came out, I put Cornelius in a gray suit and looked thru countless Barbies and Barbie clothes to try to piece that outfit together... I haven't gone thru all the old posts, have you made a suit for Cornelius?

All of you never cease to amaze me... I love seeing your work.

Hasslein - Let's see Cornelius in his gray suit. I've never seen a picture of that! :angelsmil

Kfog,

Jess.

Jess - I drybrushed a flesh color paint over the Bridgekeeper figure . That knocked off the shine of the plastic and helped to match the coloring in the mutes face. He came out very well... ask STICKS. I did it for his mute figure also.

Last edited:
Hi Jess! I used a painter that works for Red Planet Toys. I really like Angels and Snicks painted sculpts, but thought I would show them another painted version. I donot intend to offend, but to just show a different style. Thanks, Kent.:D

Your painter did a stellar job. I really like the Clint paint job.

The thing is that the other guy is not as Apes savvy as you all are. I believe that Angels paint jobs,Snickertowns, and Matts customs, Snicks customs, Jesses and Jungles sewing is also stellar. I will also say for the others, but I can't think of anything the others have done right now.

Snickertown, I cannot really tell if the painted Brent sculpt(Blurry pic) is painted as well as Red Planet toys painted sculpts. I will trust your judgement either way.

Angel, I really like your painting style too though!

What to do y'all. Make up my mind! I feel like the Mutants are invading my head!:banghead

The thing is that the other guy is not as Apes savvy as you all are. I believe that Angels paint jobs,Snickertowns, and Matts customs, Snicks customs, Jesses and Jungles sewing is also stellar. I will also say for the others, but I can't think of anything the others have done right now.

Snickertown, I cannot really tell if the painted Brent sculpt(Blurry pic) is painted as well as Red Planet toys painted sculpts. I will trust your judgement either way.

Go with your painter. He's very talented. I have your sculpt all ready and will go out the door tomorrow along with "Skipper." BTW, I placed an oxygen mask over his face and he looks great.

ANG - Thx for the body painting tip. I will be crossing that bridge very soon.

Go with your painter. He's very talented. I have your sculpt all ready and will go out the door tomorrow along with "Skipper." BTW, I placed an oxygen mask over his face and he looks great.

ANG - Thx for the body painting tip. I will be crossing that bridge very soon.

I just sent payment and can't wait to get it painted. I like the idea of being able to put the head on a shorter DML body. He will look more correct when standing next to Taylor. Now bring on those Gorillas, Brent and Taylor are about to kick butt. Well we know the real ending, just imagine if they could have gotten away and the earth didn't explode. Including Nova!:naughty

I just sent payment and can't wait to get it painted. I like the idea of being able to put the head on a shorter DML body. He will look more correct when standing next to Taylor. Now bring on those Gorillas, Brent and Taylor are about to kick butt. Well we know the real ending, just imagine if they could have gotten away and the earth didn't explode. Including Nova!:naughty

If you want to read a preliminary screenplay where Taylor, Nova and Brent live, go here:

https://pota.goatley.com/scripts.html

and scroll down to "Planet of the Apes Revisited" first draft screenplay. Part 1 and Part 2.

Angel, I went to the thrift store today and found a wool jacket (thin) that will work for Zira's swing jacket if the velvet I have now is too thick for the scale. (Kind of like a backup fabric). And, the cool thing is...this fabric that I bought is 100% wool, exactly the type of fabric that one would use for a high quality jacket. Zira's going to be sporting some might fine duds...

Jess.

Hasslein - Let's see Cornelius in his gray suit. I've never seen a picture of that! :angelsmil

As soon as I have a way to take a photo I will post. It is just a Hasbro Cornelius in a soldiers of the world "President" gray suit. My MacDonald and Cornelius have the same gray suit, I made a dickie for MacDonald instead of a whole turtleneck. I took the Governor Jesse Ventura black suit for Breck and Hoskyns. I have several characters that I have put together that I'd like to post. My favorite is probably Wing Commander Lago from the Animated series.

Back