Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Night everyone. I will be making Zira's swing jacket tomorrow. We cancelled piano tomorrow morning, so I can sleep in a little (yeah, right)...We were going to my mom's house, but my eldest is sick, so we are housebound (yay!). That means I can concentrate on my project.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I need to erase the Megoness out of my mind--my last project was just hideous. I am glad you had beautiful ape goodness for me to look at tonight, Sticks. That last Mego project was just getting me depressed.

I don't think Mego ever released that costume--it was just a prototype, but made it to the cover of that action stallion. I hope my friend likes it, at least. He was wondering how difficult it would be to make one, and I said it was do-able. The costume I just made is a rare and hot commodity at the Mego forums because it's a prototype. I've never seen it customized before, and I know why--because it was hard to make! Too bad I didn't choose the right color. I hope I can find some kind of dye to make it darker. I feel bad to send it out in the wrong color. Hmmmm.......Maybe I can find something in my closet to butcher.

Jess.

Last edited:
Kfog, Sticks,

I think this is what they ate, but I could be wrong...

Jess.

Document1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes - I'm taking care of business this week. You guys might not here from me for a full week. Not sure if I'll have access to a PC.

Good night Sticks, Jess and KFog :rip

Chat with you guys later...

Angel, maybe by the time you get back, I will have nice photos waiting for you. Should I wait until you get back before I post them? I think I'm going to first sew the hood of the jacket, and make sure it hangs right for the scale. I think it will, but I have that backup fabric.

Jess.

Last edited:
Jess - Post them as soon as you feel it's ready and want to share with the everyone. I'm really anxious to see it.

I hope I have access to a computer so I can check in with everyone while I'm away in training.

I'm off to the post office right now - I have mail a package for my Denise. I'm mailing something to KFog and you Jess. Priority mail so these will get to you quicker!

Talk to you guys later tonight...

Swing jacket status--I can probably finish this and post photos tomorrow if not before the end of the day! Just in time before you leave for your trip, Angel. I have to go to the fabric store, though, because I need to get more of that velvet fabric. I will also see if they have more of the same blouse material in case I want to make this again for myself...

I forgot to also tell you that your gorilla paint jobs are mahvelous...They look fantastic. I think you're the gorilla expert now.

Jess.

Last edited:
Thanks Jess - That's really GREAT news for such an exciting project! :blissy

Am I crazy? That's far more exciting than the ape wagon and the tribunal!

[Maybe I just like YOU doing all the work and cranking out some serious art!]:angelsmil

I am taking a break from the jacket. I was not able to find material to finish the coat, so I basically had to start from scratch. I know that there is some of the velvet near my office, but I was too lazy to drive all the way there. So, I had to take apart the wool jacket I purchased from the thrift store. It's not going as fast as I want it to, because for each bit of fabric I need, I have to take it apart.

Tomorrow I am going to post photos of what I have done so far, and hopefully it will be a complete jacket minus the frogs. I bought the last bit of ribbon I used for making the frogs, so I hope there is enough of it.

Later tonight I will rework that ugly Mego costume I made because it's so ugly to me. I think I found a solution but that means taking it apart or starting all over. :duh

Jess.

Oooh yes...please post photos of some ape goodness.

I will also post a photo of Dr. Zaius on top of the fabric that I want to use for his new jacket--I will need your opinions on that...

OK. I am off again. I am back to that jacket. I want to see it done...

Last edited:
Wow! These wagons are huge! Are you going to paint them, too? Seeing them like that is awesome...I feel recharged! I really must get this jacket done!! Seeing them so close to being ready is such an inspiration.

Jess.

Tomorrow I am going to post photos of what I have done so far, and hopefully it will be a complete jacket minus the frogs. I bought the last bit of ribbon I used for making the frogs, so I hope there is enough of it. Jess.

Love those pink frogs! How are you going to make those? Thin pink string sewn into position with loopy loops?

Sideshow should pay you for the wagon directions. Fantastic works of art! Drool, drool!:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5:

R.I.P Charlton Heston

We are all saddened by the news of Charlton Heston's death this evening. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. What follows is their statement on his passing:

Statement by the Family of Charlton Heston
Saturday April 5, 11:24 pm ET

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., April 5, 2008 /PRNewswire/ -- Legendary actor, civil rights leader and political activist Charlton Heston passed away today, at the age of 84. He died at his home with Lydia, his wife of 64 years, at his side. Mr. Heston was loved by his two children, Fraser Clarke Heston and Holly Heston Rochell, and his three grandchildren, Jack Alexander Heston, Ridley Rochell and Charlie Rochell.

The Heston family issued the following statement:

"To his loving friends, colleagues and fans, we appreciate your heartfelt prayers and support. Charlton Heston was seen by the world as larger than life. He was known for his chiseled jaw, broad shoulders and resonating voice, and, of course, for the roles he played. Indeed, he committed himself to every role with passion, and pursued every cause with unmatched enthusiasm and integrity.

We knew him as an adoring husband, a kind and devoted father, and a gentle grandfather, with an infectious sense of humor. He served these far greater roles with tremendous faith, courage and dignity. He loved deeply, and he was deeply loved.

https://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080405/clsa013.html?.v=11

:flag :( :flag

Back