Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just heard about this a few minutes ago, couldn't believe it. Heston just seemed like one of those tough old SOB's that would never die, but I guess time catches up with all of us in the end.

RIP Chuck.

Angel,

I forgot to tell you that I think I found some fabric for Cornelius's suit. I will have to see it wrapped around his leg though to decide if the print is appropriate or not, and I will post a photo tomorrow as well.

Jess.

I am shocked by this news! Charleton Heston was one of my favorite all time actors. I had a friend who also was an avid Heston fan that had passed away at the age of 41. He had met Heston at a book signing back in 1998. I could picture them both meeting again in heaven. RIP Charleton Heston, for you were one of the most famous film stars of all time and will truly be missed.:flag:rip:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I woke up to the sad news...

I'm at a loss of words. Who is left from Hollywood's glory years?

I'm at a loss for words.... This news deeply saddens me.

Say what you will about his politics, he was a Hollywood icon.

Kfog, those aren't really SS style. If you look closely, the bands of the vests are formed by tighly woven zigzag (or button-hole) stitch.

Jess.

I Am So Tired Of Working On These Ape Wagons! They Are Just Draining Me Of All Energy And Enthusiasm . I Just Spend About 8 More Hours Working On Them. I Need To Tweak A Few Things & I Need To Cut Them On The Table Saw So They Snap Together A Little Better For snick And Sticks. (sounds Like A Candy Bar Or A Comedian Act Huh?)

Anyways - My Basement Is A Complete Wreck Now. This Is A Very Messy Project! I Thought Some Of You May Get A Charge Out Of Seeing 3 Ape Wagons Side By Side.

ANG - Excellent work! I can't believe my eyes and how well the wagons are turning out. Thank you again. Your hard work is very much appreciated. These photos look like a scene from Beneath.

Angel, As promised, here is a photo of the jacket (minus frogs) with the lining in place. Should I remove the top stitching of the lining? Does it look weird to you with the top stitching? I can easily remove that. The seed bead sizing of both cuffs now match, and I removed the blue seed bead that I accidentally sewed in place a few days ago (it was dark).

I am not sure how I want to handle the frogs. If I make them workable frogs, where you can use them to button the jacket shut, then when you remove them, the frogs stick up and look weird unless the jacket is closed. Or, I could slice them in half and sew them one on each side of the jacket and put in a hook and eye closure. It's kind of a shame to have her wear the jacket because you can't see her outfit underneath. Let me know which you prefer.

escape088.jpg

Here's another photo that came out well:
escape117.jpg

I Am So Tired Of Working On These Ape Wagons! They Are Just Draining Me Of All Energy And Enthusiasm . I Just Spend About 8 More Hours Working On Them. I Need To Tweak A Few Things & I Need To Cut Them On The Table Saw So They Snap Together A Little Better For snick And Sticks. (sounds Like A Candy Bar Or A Comedian Act Huh?)

Anyways - My Basement Is A Complete Wreck Now. This Is A Very Messy Project! I Thought Some Of You May Get A Charge Out Of Seeing 3 Ape Wagons Side By Side.

I know there is going to be a time where I'm going to SERIOUSLY regret not getting in on those Ape wagons.... :banghead :banghead :banghead

Maybe by the time you get them there would be enough time lapsed so Angel won't remember the effort it took...:monkey3

I keep thinking about Snick's Dr. Zaius myself....:monkey2

Jess.

Maybe by the time you get them there would be enough time lapsed so Angel won't remember the effort it took...:monkey3

I keep thinking about Snick's Dr. Zaius myself....:monkey2

JESS - No rush with Dr. Zaius. BTW, I have your gorilla boots ready. I'll wrap them up tonight.

Attached are a couple photos of the spaceship in progress. The 3rd photo is of the wall and roof tiles.

Jess... Zira's outfit is amazing! I don't think any manufacturer would be able to top it. The attention to detail really makes it shine. You can see all the love you put into it.

Perfection!

Snick... The Icarus will be breathtaking. I can't wait to see more shots as you make some more progress. This may be the only project that has a chance of topping Angel's wagon in size and scope.

Back